• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I was on my way to play pool at our local angling club tonight and stopped at the bank to draw some cash. On the glass in front of the ATM was a simple green paper sign, the writing done in black marker pen.

It said Teenz4jesus, all welcome. 5pm to 7pm. Venue? The local angling club.....

Intrigued, and not a little guilty because I was on my way to play pool and have a beer (don

IMO, yes, you leave the whole thing in God's hands and back them up with a lot of prayer. then if God leads them to seek adult assistance, they will. but until then, if God's at work, don't interfere!

by the way, i LOVED faith like potatoes. i've seen it twice.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

I say cover them in prayer, pray for them as a church on Sundays, be friendly and open when you see them and keep offering your help if needed, but stand back and let the Lord work.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/18/1994

i know of some people that do a simialr thing near my home town- less than an hour away. once a week the meet in the town park and preach the word of God to each other, with worship music and prayer, singing and praying in the spirit. these people are a little older, the youngest is 14 the oldest is 19. Still so young in Christ, and they still do it, praying for their town, and praying for the hurt in their town.

They started this up alone, no adults to lead or guide them, jut prayer from a local church, and they have been doing this for a year now, and have chnaged the lives of so many people, bringing more and more lives to the Lord- its is an amzaing thing.

As a 16 year old, I think that prayer and your open heart is what they need. I wouldnt go in and interfere, if you see or hear something wrong, yes, then you go and see whats happening, and lead them back on track. but once their on track again, let them be. LET THE SPIRIT LEAD YOU AS THE SPIRIT IS LEADING THEM

im praying for you and this group of kids

.... These kids, on their own, have been meeting for three weeks.... No adult started this, no adult has had a hand in anything they have done so far. None of them go to church. They just meet and talk about Jesus.... How as an adult.... does one guide them in the right direction....

Thank You Dear Brother

Wonderful News From Troubled Lands

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God,

I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,

and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

And on my servants and on my handmaidens

I will pour out in those days of my Spirit;

and they shall prophesy: Acts 2:17-18

>>>>>()<<<<<

Pray

Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest,

that he will send forth labourers into his harvest. Matthew 9:38

And Trust

For we are his workmanship,

created in Christ Jesus unto good works,

which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10

And Rejoice

Rejoice evermore. 1 Thessalonians 5:16

Hallelujah~!

>>>>>()<<<<<

Think God Can't Use The Little Children? Check This Church Out

>>>>>()<<<<<

Rivers

He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. John 7:38

Rivers

Afterward he brought me again unto the door of the house; and, behold, waters issued out from under the threshold of the house eastward: for the forefront of the house stood toward the east, and the waters came down from under from the right side of the house, at the south side of the altar.

Then brought he me out of the way of the gate northward, and led me about the way without unto the utter gate by the way that looketh eastward; and, behold, there ran out waters on the right side.

And when the man that had the line in his hand went forth eastward, he measured a thousand cubits, and he brought me through the waters; the waters were to the ancles.

Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through the waters; the waters were to the knees. Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through; the waters were to the loins.

Afterward he measured a thousand; and it was a river that I could not pass over: for the waters were risen, waters to swim in, a river that could not be passed over.

And he said unto me, Son of man, hast thou seen this? Then he brought me, and caused me to return to the brink of the river.

Now when I had returned, behold, at the bank of the river were very many trees on the one side and on the other.

Then said he unto me, These waters issue out toward the east country, and go down into the desert, and go into the sea: which being brought forth into the sea, the waters shall be healed.

And it shall come to pass, that every thing that liveth, which moveth, whithersoever the rivers shall come, shall live: and there shall be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters shall come thither: for they shall be healed; and every thing shall live whither the river cometh. Ezekiel 47:1-9

Praise The Name Of Jesus~!

Praying!

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

They are going to need some direction soon, and some grounded teaching. But the danger is that as adults, we can bring the very worldly attitude towards our faith that most of us have, and spoil something that is starting to blossom - that child like faith we should all have and most of us have forgotten.

I went in and told them what an amazing thing they are doing, gave them my number and told them if they needed any help or support, they should phone me. Then I contacted two of their mothers and told them I had spoken to the kids.

And invited the mothers and the kids to our next coffee evening. (An extension of our home group).

But the dilemma remains. How as an adult, concerned about the road this kids

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

They are going to need some direction soon, and some grounded teaching. But the danger is that as adults, we can bring the very worldly attitude towards our faith that most of us have, and spoil something that is starting to blossom - that child like faith we should all have and most of us have forgotten.

I went in and told them what an amazing thing they are doing, gave them my number and told them if they needed any help or support, they should phone me. Then I contacted two of their mothers and told them I had spoken to the kids.

And invited the mothers and the kids to our next coffee evening. (An extension of our home group).

But the dilemma remains. How as an adult, concerned about the road this kids

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

But the dilemma remains. How as an adult, concerned about the road this kids "church" might take, worried about spoiling something that is still so pure, does one guide them in the right direction? Because I sense the Holy Spirit in this. What else can it be?

Does one leave them and trust in the Spirit, or does one go into "protective" mode and try and "help" them?

I was a Christian when I was that age.

I have to ask, do they think of themselves as a church or as a Christian club? Because if they (a) have pastor(s) and perhaps youth leader(s) already then hopefully they are receiving guidance to some degree.

As for what they are doing, I think you have the right heart in wanting to help but not to interfere in what God is doing. Sometimes God does things with the young people that go against older folk's sensibilities (aka traditions), but sometimes the young do go off the deep end. It takes discernment and wisdom from the Lord to know the difference.

As for helping, I like what you are doing with getting to know them, meet the parents, and offering yourself to them. I would caution against pushing yourself. Prove your interest in them, and then let them invite you in. It's tricky because if they just see themselves as a club of sorts, then they might not want adult leadership any more than with any other type of club. Yet young people love when adults are there for them and take an interest in them.

Am I making sense?

Perfect sense. All of you. Stand back, watch and pray... Nehemiah did that and it worked out just fine for him! "So we set up a watch and prayed to our God"

Thanks for the consensus of opinion all :thumbsup:

I'm a little late picking up the thread, but it makes good sense to me also Fez..... and I'm sort of amazed it's happening. it would be interesting to understand just how it came about...... Who knows, might be the next big megachurch..... but in such a small population...... maybe not so mega..

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

I was on my way to play pool at our local angling club tonight and stopped at the bank to draw some cash. On the glass in front of the ATM was a simple green paper sign, the writing done in black marker pen.

It said Teenz4jesus, all welcome. 5pm to 7pm. Venue? The local angling club.....

Intrigued, and not a little guilty because I was on my way to play pool and have a beer (don't panic, I literally drink one a month...), I entered the club and went out to a side room they have that leads onto the garden.

The inside had been draped in white cloth; there were signs up saying "We Love Jesus". The TV was ready with the movie "Faith like Potatoes" (watch it, it is very good).

But the really, really, amazing thing was that there were about 15 to 20 kids in the room, the oldest about 14, the youngest about 11.

Now remember we are in a town of 400 permanent residents, and I thought I knew everyone. I host a home group and a prayer meeting in town.

These kids, on their own, have been meeting for three weeks. They have preached twice to each other, once on peer pressure, and once on discipline.

No adult started this, no adult has had a hand in anything they have done so far. None of them go to church. They just meet and talk about Jesus.

Now that's awesome! And it is the Spirit at work.

But now the dilemma.

But the dilemma remains. How as an adult, concerned about the road this kids "church" might take, worried about spoiling something that is still so pure, does one guide them in the right direction? Because I sense the Holy Spirit in this. What else can it be?

Does one leave them and trust in the Spirit, or does one go into "protective" mode and try and "help" them?

Blessings

Reminds me of the movie: Children of the Corn lol