wyguy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

You amillennialists really crack me up. If this were the millennium, don't you think the Scriptures would have said 2000 years instead of 1000?

You think that because you see the name Gog after the millennium that there must not be a millennium, where Christ literally will rule and reign with His Church for 1000 years. How many of you doubting Thomas' are there anyway?

I take this prophecy literally. Maybe your mistake is believing that Gog is a man. Have you ever considered that Gog might be an an angel on the dark side. I believe he is a prince of the air in that region, and when that time comes (Dan. 12:1), the angel Micheal will stand up to protect God's people. This explains how Gog could still be there after 1000 years.

So you think that in a book full of symbolism Revelations), this number MUST be taken literally?

Do you also believe that only 144,000 people will be saved, and that they will be ethnic Jews?

Yes, they are not only saved, by His elect, bringing forth the truth of scripture to the Jewish people. Revelation is not a just a book of symbols, it also has literal meaning. Studying requires the ability to rightly divide His word to gain understanding His Spirit is bringing forth.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/24/1993

Nice post! :thumbsup:

To the wise let it be known ;)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  04/30/1971

I too am puzzled. What is the word?

What is the word, you ask...?

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird

B-b-b-bird, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

A-well-a bird, bird, bird, the bird is the word

A-well-a bird, bird, bird, well the bird is the word

A-well-a bird, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

A-well-a bird, bird, b-bird's the word

A-well-a don't you know about the bird?

Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word!

A-well-a...

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird

Bird, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

A-well-a don't you know about the bird?

Well, everybody's talking about the bird!

A-well-a bird...

Surfin' bird

Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb... [retching noises]... aaah!

Pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-

Pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-ooma-mow-mow

Papa-ooma-mow-mow

Papa-ooma-mow-mow, papa-ooma-mow-mow

Ooma-mow-mow, papa-ooma-mow-mow

Oom-oom-oom-oom-ooma-mow-mow

Papa-ooma-mow-mow, papa-oom-oom-oom

Oom-ooma-mow-mow, papa-ooma-mow-mow

Papa-a-mow-mow, papa-ooma-mow-mow

Papa-ooma-mow-mow, ooma-mow-mow

Papa-oom-oom-oom-oom-ooma-mow-mow

Oom-oom-oom-oom-ooma-mow-mow

Well don't you know about the bird?

Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word!

Peter_Griffin_Bird_Dance_by_deviousbeats.gif

:whistling:

Even on your own thread :noidea: . . . this is why I can never take you serious or stop to give any real consideration to your posts.

Dude, sometimes ya gotta tell a joke to break the tension.

Which reminds me....

Steven Spielberg was discussing his new project - an action docudrama about famous composers starring top movie stars. Sylvester Stallone, Steven Segall, Bruce Willis, and Arnold Schwarzenegger were all present. Spielberg strongly desired the box office 'oomph' of these superstars, so he was prepared to allow them to select whatever composers they wished to portray, as long as they were famous.

"Well," started Stallone, "I've always admired Mozart. I would love to play him."

"Chopin has always been my favorite, and my image would improve if people saw me playing the piano," replied Willis. "I'll play him."

"I've always been partial to Strauss and his waltzes," said Segall. "I'd like to play him."

Spielberg was very pleased with these choices. "Sounds splendid." Then, turning to Schwarzenegger, he asked, "Who do you want to be, Arnold?" Arnold, in a slow deliberate voice replied, "I'll be Bach."

:whistling:

:40:

Even on your own thread :noidea: . . . this is why I can never take you serious or stop to give any real consideration to your posts.

Dude, sometimes ya gotta tell a joke to break the tension.

It may be "tension" to you to engage in such discussion of importance . . . but not everyone buckles under the weight and gravity these things.

To me it is an inappropriate distraction to necessary thought and prayerful consideration the church needs to give itself to in these days and the times rapidly approaching.

Heb 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another:
and so much the more, as ye see
the day
approaching.

I appreciate a good joke as well as the next person, but in its proper place and setting. The Spirit of God would be working through God's servants to exhort His people in wisdom as we see this day approaching. It is nothing more than the silliness of the flesh to engage in jesting behavior in matters of such sobriety.

Its the individual's choice, we can yield to the Holy Spirit and allow Him to bring forth our gift which ministers grace to the hears and receivers thereof, or we can in our old nature choose to be the class clown. One strengthens the rest of the body . . . the other just clamorous, distracting and inconvenient. Perhaps that is why we are to long-suffer and forbear . . .

I don't think ANYONE is "buckling under the weight and gravity" of this topic. I do, however, think you might want to lighten up just a bit. Wyguy is wyguy and expecting him to be anything else is wrong. He's perfectly capable of being as serious as anyone else, but chooses to use humor and wit most of the time. I, for one, greatly appreciate this aspect of his personality. (Perhaps because I married a man who does the same thing and credit God alone for bringing us together into a marriage that is joyful, loving and mutually supportive as well as based on Biblical principles and a shared love for and trust in God.) If you don't share my fondness for wyguy's tendencies toward humor then simply skip over his posts. There's no reason to suggest that he is somehow wrong for showing us the personality God gave him. Honestly, humor has a place most anywhere. That's why many of us find ourselves laughing through our tears in trying times. Or maybe that's just me... ;)

PLEASE, LEAVE ME ALONE REGARDING UNIVERSAL SALVATION IN THIS THREAD! THANK YOU! THAT IS NOT THE TOPIC! PLEASE, RESPECT MY WISHES AND GROW UP!!

YOU DON'T BELIEVE IT, SO WHY ARE YOU HARASSING ME ABOUT WHAT I BELIEVE IN A TOTALLY DIFFERENT THREAD? :noidea:YES, I BELIEVE IN UNIVERSAL SALVATION AND I ALSO BELIEVE IN A LOT OF MORE THINGS AS WELL WHEN IT COMES TO GOD. CAN YOU TRY TO FIGURE OUT WHAT WE HAVE IN COMMON CONCERNING GOD( IF NOT, BACK OFF AND DO NOT RESPOND TO ME ANYMORE) OR STOP FOLLOWING ME IN THREADS TO PURPOSELY DEBATE SOMETHING I HAVE TOLD YOU TO LEAVE ME ALONE ABOUT.

THIS TOPIC IS DEEP AND IT TAKES TRULY A REVELATION OF THE HOLY SPIRIT, WHICH I AM NOT! RESPECT MY WISHES, STICK TO THE TOPIC AND LEAVE ME ALONE...THANK YOU IN ADVANCE AGAIN.

No need to yell, friend. :emot-hug:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

PLEASE, LEAVE ME ALONE REGARDING UNIVERSAL SALVATION IN THIS THREAD! THANK YOU! THAT IS NOT THE TOPIC! PLEASE, RESPECT MY WISHES AND GROW UP!!

YOU DON'T BELIEVE IT, SO WHY ARE YOU HARASSING ME ABOUT WHAT I BELIEVE IN A TOTALLY DIFFERENT THREAD? :noidea:YES, I BELIEVE IN UNIVERSAL SALVATION AND I ALSO BELIEVE IN A LOT OF MORE THINGS AS WELL WHEN IT COMES TO GOD. CAN YOU TRY TO FIGURE OUT WHAT WE HAVE IN COMMON CONCERNING GOD( IF NOT, BACK OFF AND DO NOT RESPOND TO ME ANYMORE) OR STOP FOLLOWING ME IN THREADS TO PURPOSELY DEBATE SOMETHING I HAVE TOLD YOU TO LEAVE ME ALONE ABOUT.

THIS TOPIC IS DEEP AND IT TAKES TRULY A REVELATION OF THE HOLY SPIRIT, WHICH I AM NOT! RESPECT MY WISHES, STICK TO THE TOPIC AND LEAVE ME ALONE...THANK YOU IN ADVANCE AGAIN.

No need to yell, friend. :emot-hug:

Hey winsomebulldog ... this person has been banned from the site, so I do hope you are not expecting an reply. ;)

• 9 months later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Another sign is the grafting in of the natural branches. Forty years ago in any major city we could find a born again Jew here and a few there in a church. Now in just about any major city we can find whole congregations of Born again Jews with a few Gentiles here and a few there in a messianic church. We would have to go back to the first and second century to find this dynamic.

The time of the gentiles "is" coming to a close. Eventually it will come to a close. THE TIME TO GET THE OIL IS NOW.

And when it comes to context of the old testament just look at how Jesus and the apostles handled the OT themselves. They would seem to break our interpretive laws. We will never understand fully, and I repeat fully, meaning that we will understand to a degree or only partially, the OT by using our western methods of interpretation.

I'm no expert on this subject and barely capable of explaining it so if you want to challenge it you must be patient with me and do some research on it yourselves.

The prophecies concerning Tyre in Ezekiel 26, 27, 28 were not fulfilled completely by the Babylonians, it happened over time. Even up to the discovery of Tyre in the 19th century by archeologists sitting on boulders eating lunch watching fisherman spreading their nets over those boulders for them to dry. "And I will make you a bare rock; you will be a place for the spreading of nets." Ezekiel 26:14 also 26:5 "She will be a place for the spreading of nets in the midst of the sea,"

I'm just saying the depth of the old testament is deeper than we allow for. We seem to go overboard with our interpretations, the gnostics, or play safe and not go far enough. There is nothing undoctrinal for believing Nahum was partially speaking of a time far into the future as well as the time in which he lived. We can't interpret the OT the way we read the Epistles.

Edited by ZEMKE

• Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Thanx. Your stated biblical reasons for the soon return of Jesus Christ to rule & to reign as King of kings & Lord of lords is a powerful as well as biblically true, argument. Plus it's what Jesus Himself said to His very diciples. When He speaks, we should stand still & listen. "Even so, Come quickly, Lord Jesus!" Hallelujah & Amen indeed!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,594
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, ZEMKE.

Another sign is the grafting in of the natural branches. Forty years ago in any major city we could find a born again Jew here and a few there in a church. Now in just about any major city we can find whole congregations of Born again Jews with a few Gentiles here and a few there in a messianic church. We would have to go back to the first and second century to find this dynamic.

The time of the gentiles "is" coming to a close. Eventually it will come to a close. THE TIME TO GET THE OIL IS NOW.

And when it comes to context of the old testament just look at how Jesus and the apostles handled the OT themselves. They would seem to break our interpretive laws. We will never understand fully, and I repeat fully, meaning that we will understand to a degree or only partially, the OT by using our western methods of interpretation.

I'm no expert on this subject and barely capable of explaining it so if you want to challenge it you must be patient with me and do some research on it yourselves.

Ezekiel 28 was not fulfilled completely by the Babylonians, it happened over time. Even up to the discovery of the ancient city in the 19th century by archeologists sitting on boulders eating lunch watching fisherman spreading their nets over boulders for them to dry. "Men will spread their nets over you o Tyre".

I'm just saying the depth of the old testament is deeper than we allow for. We seem to go overboard with our interpretations, the gnostics, or play safe and not go far enough. There is nothing undoctrinal for believing Nahum was partially speaking of a time far into the future as well as the time in which he lived. We can't interpret the OT the way we read the Epistles.

I agree with most of what you said here, especially BEING a Messianic Jew. However, there needs to be a correction in your next-to-last paragraph. Tyre (Tsor) is not a reference to Babylon. Tyre was situated on the Zidonian coast line of the Mediterranean Sea between Isra'el and Lebanon. Babylon is east of Isra'el in what today is called Iraq on the shores of the Euphrates River. It's rather a minor point, but there's no sense giving opposition an opportunity to discredit what you said.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Shalom, ZEMKE.

Ezekiel 28 was not fulfilled completely by the Babylonians, it happened over time. Even up to the discovery of the ancient city in the 19th century by archeologists sitting on boulders eating lunch watching fisherman spreading their nets over boulders for them to dry. "Men will spread their nets over you o Tyre".

I agree with most of what you said here, especially BEING a Messianic Jew. However, there needs to be a correction in your next-to-last paragraph. Tyre (Tsor) is not a reference to Babylon. Tyre was situated on the Zidonian coast line of the Mediterranean Sea between Isra'el and Lebanon. Babylon is east of Isra'el in what today is called Iraq on the shores of the Euphrates River. It's rather a minor point, but there's no sense giving opposition an opportunity to discredit what you said.

Thanks for the heads up. I corrected it.

The prophecy's about the judgment upon Tyre. The Babylonians were the first wave, so to speak, in fulfillment of this prophecy. I also wrote ch 28 from memory, which concerns the king of Tyre but 26, 27 and 28 all concern Tyre.

Edited by ZEMKE