ayin jade

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Matthew 24:24 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and show great signs and wonders; so much so that, if it were possible, they would deceive even the elect.

Mark 13:22 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will give miraculous signs and wonders in order to seduce, if possible, even the elect.

Jesus tells us there will be those who are able to perform miraculous signs and wonders.

How can we as Christians recognize signs and wonders from real versus false preachers/ teachers/ prophets etc? I would like this to be a discussion on how to tell real from false rather than an argument over tongues or something like that lol.

For instance, as an example, there are some who claim that gold dust and gems fall in their church. How do we tell if that is from the Lord or not? Do we just accept that it is since its in a church? What is the basis on which we figure it out?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

How can we as Christians recognize signs and wonders from real versus false preachers/ teachers/ prophets etc?

We can tell by what they say - not by what tricks they can perform. If what they say does not line up with Scripture - kick 'em to the curb.

For instance, as an example, there are some who claim that gold dust and gems fall in their church. How do we tell if that is from the Lord or not?

Ahh, that sounds like Todd Bentley. One minute of listening to him talk about his female angel, Emma, will tell you all you need to know about him - and people like him.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

With some preachers, it will be easy. With some others, it will not be so easy. Those that make it hard are those who will expose themselves, but only after a period of time. By then, I would wonder if there is any damage already done? Could some sort of false doctrine already of taken root?

It is always wise to take what people preach/teach and place it beside scripture BEFORE we accept what they say, no matter how bad we want to believe it. For me, I allow His Spirit to witness with my spirit. He discerns for us. We have to pay close enough attention, and be open enough to accept what He tells us and not reject it do to our personal desires.

For instance, as an example, there are some who claim that gold dust and gems fall in their church. How do we tell if that is from the Lord or not? Do we just accept that it is since its in a church? What is the basis on which we figure it out?

James 1

13 Let no one say when he is tempted, I am tempted by God; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone.

14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.

1 Timothy 6

9 But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition.

10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Matthew 26

41 Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

God will not tempt anyone, and for some, money would be a temptation.

Good replies here. We can also know whether a preacher/teacher is teaching truth by the "fruit" in their lives. (Matt. 7:15-20)

Example: If their lives display the fruit of the Spirit as in Galatians, they may be okay. Still need to test what they say by Scripture, though. If their life shows something else, then I would have to say, run, do not walk, away.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

Many times you cannot as the false looks like real. One is guided by the Tue Light to distinguish the difference.

Blessings

I reckon testing the "signs and wonders" is in order if they seem oblique.Many people claim miracles but shy away from close scrutiny.

There would be no doubt in a believers mind if they witnessed a true sign from God.

The elect cannot be deceived into believing the "miracles" of satan are from Jesus.

The Holy spirit would not allow it.

2Th 2:9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders,

2Th 2:10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

The love of the truth keeps believers safe?

Not just any believer.

True believers.

But that's another whole ball of wax.

I reckon testing the "signs and wonders" is in order if they seem oblique.Many people claim miracles but shy away from close scrutiny.

There would be no doubt in a believers mind if they witnessed a true sign from God.

The elect cannot be deceived into believing the "miracles" of satan are from Jesus.

The Holy spirit would not allow it.

2Th 2:9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders,

2Th 2:10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

The love of the truth keeps believers safe?

Ok, but in my example of the gold dust, there are Christians who say it is from God, and Christians who say it is not from God. Which one is right? How do you know? How do you take into account this verse?

2 Timothy 4

3 For a time will be when they will not endure sound doctrine, but they will heap up teachers to themselves according to their own lusts, tickling the ear.

4 And they will turn away their ears from the truth and will be turned to myths.

Ok, but in my example of the gold dust, there are Christians who say it is from God, and Christians who say it is not from God. Which one is right? How do you know? How do you take into account this verse?

2 Timothy 4

3 For a time will be when they will not endure sound doctrine, but they will heap up teachers to themselves according to their own lusts, tickling the ear.

4 And they will turn away their ears from the truth and will be turned to myths.

Well I do not believe the gold dust appears at all firstly.But even if it does I do not see any reason in scripture for it to be from God.

Although I am not convinced every false miracle to come will be against,or not found in,scripture.

Joh 16:13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

I guess what Im trying to ask, what Im trying to have people consider and answer, is when 2 Christians believe in something totally opposite, like the gold dust thing is real versus it is not real, then how do we know which is truth? How can we determine that? Both believe God is telling them its real and not real, so who is hearing correctly and how can we know?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

I hope this will come out the way my heart means for it to...

I think that all Christians who love God and live for Him, should have a discernment for the "truth". When we start

loving the messenger more than examining the message - there is a huge problem.

Hold tightly to the Word of God ... if we do not deviate from it or allow ourselves to be lulled into ignoring what is in our

hearts and spirit - I think we will find the truth. I have, in past times, walked out of sermons, revivals, and

in one case, a Bible Study - because what was being presented as 'gospel' - was not supported by Scripture and those

preaching these messages loved themselves and their ideas far more than they loved God's truth. I have read the Bible more than once, and I am the first to admit that I may not remember every single word and verse - but I pray for discernment and ask

God's guidance and direction on what feels like an hourly basis - If the message cannot be proved by God's Word and His Scripture...we are charged to not only question it - but refute it as untrue.