kiwi5x

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hey, guys I'm back - and still confused. Some of you may know that for a while I have doubted my salvation, but if you don't know please read the next paragraph

Ok so I've believed in Jesus all my life, but it wasn't until almost two years ago that I realized I needed to make it personal and accept Christ. I did that w/ someone 'leading' me, but I didnt know if I meant it or not, so I began to doubt (not doubt in christ, but on my behalf, like if I truly meant it) . I'd end up praying to God over and over. Then, the beginning of this year I decided to 'settlie' it. I prayed to God and told him I accepted him. I told someone about it and they said I got saved, so then I was good for a while, but then...yepp...the doubt came back. I've prayed to God quite a few times telling him how I know I've sinned and I need Christ to forgive me. I mean it and really believe it. Sometimes, though I'd still doubt b/c I'd get confuse if I had really 'admitted' I was a sinner or not, b/c I knew had sinned and needed Christ's grace, but I didn't think I was an awful person. (Like how some people will say they were a wretch, and wicked - I never really thought that, I just knew I was a sinner.

Ok, so another thing is, I fell in to sin a while back. I quit and got back on the right path, but I have fallen again!! It's awful. I started doing this sin yesterday, and then I doubted that I was saved again so I pretty much told God that I knew I was a sinner and I accept Christ. I thought things were good, but I'm still doing that sin. I want to stop, and now I'm more confused. I know once you're saved that you can't lose it no matter what, but is this a sign that I'm not saved at all? Should I tell you guys what the 'sin' is?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  03/15/1970

Hey, guys I'm back - and still confused. Some of you may know that for a while I have doubted my salvation, but if you don't know please read the next paragraph

Ok so I've believed in Jesus all my life, but it wasn't until almost two years ago that I realized I needed to make it personal and accept Christ. I did that w/ someone 'leading' me, but I didnt know if I meant it or not, so I began to doubt (not doubt in christ, but on my behalf, like if I truly meant it) . I'd end up praying to God over and over. Then, the beginning of this year I decided to 'settlie' it. I prayed to God and told him I accepted him. I told someone about it and they said I got saved, so then I was good for a while, but then...yepp...the doubt came back. I've prayed to God quite a few times telling him how I know I've sinned and I need Christ to forgive me. I mean it and really believe it. Sometimes, though I'd still doubt b/c I'd get confuse if I had really 'admitted' I was a sinner or not, b/c I knew had sinned and needed Christ's grace, but I didn't think I was an awful person. (Like how some people will say they were a wretch, and wicked - I never really thought that, I just knew I was a sinner.

Ok, so another thing is, I fell in to sin a while back. I quit and got back on the right path, but I have fallen again!! It's awful. I started doing this sin yesterday, and then I doubted that I was saved again so I pretty much told God that I knew I was a sinner and I accept Christ. I thought things were good, but I'm still doing that sin. I want to stop, and now I'm more confused. I know once you're saved that you can't lose it no matter what, but is this a sign that I'm not saved at all? Should I tell you guys what the 'sin' is?

Jesus has imputed to us His righteousness...so that means our status is righteous even as we clean up our lives

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.91
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Hey Kiwi -

Being born again does not mean we become perfect. It does not mean sin no longer tempts us. It does not mean we are immune to giving in to temptation.

Have you read Romans 6-8? Why did Paul call himself a wretched man?

Or 1 John? What did John say about sin at the end of ch. 1 through the beginning of ch. 2?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

You said you asked Christ for his forgivness, and that you meant it. Sounds to me like you are saved.

Look, you have to understand that your salvation is NOT based on feelings. It is based on what Christ did for you at the cross. Jesus promised that if you repent and place your faith in him alone, you will be saved. PERIOD.

Satan LOVES to keep believers doubting their salvation, because it sidelines them, makes them an ineffective witness, and keeps them from growing in Christ.

Look at it this way, either Satan is lying or Jesus is. who will you believe?

Oh, and as far as struggling with sin....welcome to the club! Our flesh is at war with the Holy Spirit within us. It will be a fight until the day we go to be with the Lord. When you fall down - get right back up. Stay in the Word and in prayer, and you will get more strength, day by day, to resist sin.

Here are some Scriptures for assurance. READ THEM:

John 10:27-28

John 6:37, 39

Romans 8:39

Romans 8:1

Philippians 1:6

1 John 5:13

1 Peter 1:3-5

Ephesians 1:13-14

Hebrews 12:2

John 5:24

Romans 3:3

Hebrews 7:25

Hebrews 10:23

Read them every time you have doubts.

Blessings :wub:

P.S. The Bible says when we were unsaved, we were indeed wicked, evil wretches. You have to face that fact. (Psalm 10:4, 2 Corinthians 6:14, 1 Corinthians 16:22, 2 Timothy 3:1-5, Proverbs 12:26, Proverbs 2:14, Psalm 37:12-13, Psalm 7:11).

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30

So you think I'm saved? I just wish I could have a normal testimony, like others, where they knew they were lost and then got saved, unlike me who has prayed several times to God about salvation and went through a bunch of doubt...i mean when someone asks about my testimony, what do I even say..?

and how should I over come this sin. It's weird - I know it's wrong , but I don't feel bad (yet, at least)...is that bad? I hate being confused...

• Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

So you think I'm saved? I just wish I could have a normal testimony, like others, where they knew they were lost and then got saved, unlike me who has prayed several times to God about salvation and went through a bunch of doubt...i mean when someone asks about my testimony, what do I even say..?

and how should I over come this sin. It's weird - I know it's wrong , but I don't feel bad (yet, at least)...is that bad? I hate being confused...

My own testimony is strange. I came from a cult to Christ.

Again, your salvation is not based on whether you "feel" saved or not - it's based on Christ's promises. Read those Scriptures I posted.

Also, God always provides a way out when you are tempted. It's up to you whether you decide to take it or not.

You should feel bad when you sin. Think about what Jesus went through to have your sins forgiven.

You really need to get into the Bible more, and find another believer to be accountable to. You will have a terrible time fighting on your own. That's why we are commanded to gather together. We lift up, and help each other out.

Oh, and PRAY MORE.

How long have you been a believer?

• Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

I still have moments that I doubt my salvation. I know that these doubts are straight from the enemy and when I get them I ask God to help me. If you believe, asked for forgiveness and repented, you are saved.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  89
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/25/1963

You have said you repented and meant it when you prayed so you are saved. Joshua gives the Israelites some advice that is equally valid to us: Jos 24:14 Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD. Jos 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. Whom we believe and serve is our choice. God gives us this choice just as, through Joshua, He gave the Israelites the same choice. Right now you have a choice to believe the doubts and fears or believe God. Which you choose to believe is entirely up to you. The doubts and fears say: you didn't really mean it when you prayed, how can you be saved when you don't deserve it, etc. Jesus says: Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. From this verse we see that if you believe on Him we will not perish but have everlasting life and that we who believe on Him are not condemned. Who do you choose to believe?

The bible says: 2Co 10:3 For though walking about in flesh, we do not war according to flesh. 2Co 10:4 For the weapons of our warfare are not fleshly, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds, 2Co 10:5 pulling down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought into the obedience of Christ. This tells us several things. One we can't fight against sin with our carnal fleshly thoughts and ways - we must use God's ways. Two we must bring every thought into obedience to Christ. We use God's weapons by slowly allowing the Holy Spirit to transform us to be more and more like Him. How we do this is by putting the scriptures into us and choosing to believe what God has said no matter what our feelings, circumstances or whatever tell us - even if we are just doing this to honor God.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Days Won:  14

Do not doubt your salvation. It's like someone giving you a gift and in a day or 2 you give the gift back and say give it to me again. But you do tthis again and again. Salvation is like a gift, once given it is not taken back. It is yours. Satan is loosing souls and he wants you to doubt your salvation. When the doublt comes - Read the Bible and remember His grace is Sufficient as this poem says.

He said that His grace is sufficient, And equal to any task.

He said He would give us eagles's wings -

He'd give if only we'd ask.

He said He'd give joy like a river,

For our path His guiding light.

He'd give us hope for our journey,

For our heart a song in the night.

He said: Let not your heart be troubled,

Don't let it be afraid,

Cast on Me your every care -

Take courage, don't be dismayed.

He said : I'm there when the heart is weary,

When sorrow is heavy to bear,

But take My joy, take My peace,

Take My hand, take my hope - I am there.

Be not dismayed, take courage, hope,

Trust in My arms of love -

Have faith, I'll never leave you.

Take my joy, My grace - there's enough.

Ann Stepharnoff