• Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Are you really saved?

Did Jesus took controle of your heart?

Did you give Him your heart or are you trying to do it all on your own?

Do you love your brother?

Read first and second John and check yourself!!

If you are really saved, God is able to keep you until the end, and if you are not saved, on your knees...

Love in Christ, Angels

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Yes. I am saved.

Yes, the Lord took control.

The saving was His doing. I didn't have a vote in it, only an 'amen' :D .

I love my brother.

Thanks for the good advice.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

I believe Mary and Martha are a very good picture of salvation through Jesus Christ.  Elect, I know you believe there is no part in it for us, but I would ask that you study a little about Mary and Martha.  It is a very clear and loving story about the salvation of Jesus Christ, if we take hold of what He says, and believe on what He did for us.

Luke 10:38 Now as they went on their way, he entered a certain village, where a woman named Martha welcomed him into her home. 39 She had a sister named Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet and listened to what he was saying. 40 But Martha was distracted by her many tasks; so she came to him and asked, "Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me to do all the work by myself? Tell her then to help me." 41 But the Lord answered her, "Martha, Martha, you are worried and distracted by many things; 42 there is need of only one thing.  Mary has chosen the better part, which will not be taken away from her."

Now later, here is the picture of Martha recieving Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior.

If you pick up the story again in John, you will see that Mary and Martha have had time together.  (I believe in this time, Mary has quietly been witnessing to Martha, about the gospel and truth of Jesus Christ)  Look what happens next:

John 11:17 When Jesus arrived, he found that Lazarus had already been in the tomb four days. 18 Now Bethany was near Jerusalem, some two miles away, 19 and many of the Jews had come to Martha and Mary to console them about their brother. 20 When Martha heard that Jesus was coming, she went and met him, while Mary stayed at home. 21 Martha said to Jesus, "Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died. 22 But even now I know that God will give you whatever you ask of him." 23 Jesus said to her, "Your brother will rise again." 24 Martha said to him, "I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day." 25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life.  Those who believe in me, even though they die, will live, 26 and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?" 27 She said to him, "Yes, Lord, I believe that you are the Messiah, the Son of God, the one coming into the world." 28 When she had said this, she went back and called her sister Mary, and told her privately, "The Teacher is here and is calling for you." 29 And when she heard it, she got up quickly and went to him. 30 Now Jesus had not yet come to the village, but was still at the place where Martha had met him.

Did you happen to notice this private conversation between Jesus and Martha?  I found it very interesting that Mary did not accompany Martha to see Jesus.  I think Mary knew that Martha needed to receive Jesus as her Lord.  And she was right.

There is a very intimate and private occurance that happens when we receive Jesus Christ as Lord.  It is very personal, and yes, we do have a choice just like Mary and Martha, to accept that Jesus is the Son of God Who came into the world for anyone who will believe and surrender to Him.

25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life.  Those who believe in me, even though they die, will live, 26 and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"

There is a question that we must each answer, and then make a choice to follow Him.  

In His Truth,

Suzanne

Guest EPHRIAM777
If you are really saved, God is able to keep you until the end, and if you are not saved, on your knees...

Love in Christ, Angels

Hmm...So let me guess..People who ARE saved don't have to be on their knees..too..?? We're SPECIAL somehow and we don't have to pray..?? Or at least special enough not to have to hit the floor and pray on our knees..like "those" people should..??

Maybe you'd like to "edit" that post when you get the chance...?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  52

Some people think that "20 years ago I walked down the aisle and said my prayer, so I'm saved" but they haven't been back to church since that day.  Was their profession real?

If your profession of faith is real then you will continue in the faith - a perseverence in the faith.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Amen Gatorgirl.  Professors, are not always possessors. My brother is an example of this. The parable of the seeds talks about those who don't persevere and they aren't saved.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

What I ment is that some people who think they are saved are not saved at all, remember when we go to heaven Jesus will tell us that some of us He never even knew? They even did things in His name!

Ef, I didn't mean that you don't have to pray anymore after you are saved, you should pray more, but if you are not saved you better go on your knees to repent.

Angels

I'm not sure what heaven will be like, but I sure am looking forward to the 1,000 year reign.  Think about it.  We'll be in our perfect, immortal bodies.  To me the most blessed thing will be to communicate face to face with our creator.  But I'm also looking forward to white water rafting without fear of injury.  I know my husband would love to scuba dive and swim with the rays and sharks without the gear.  But I am also looking forward to countless walks in the most beautiful gardens with Yeshua (Jesus).

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with Christians.  My husband and I both have had bad experiences with them.  Christians can be self-absorbed.  No excuses, but they are just humans.  The only difference between Christians and non-Christians is that we have accepted a perfect atonement for our sins.  There is a book out there called "Soul Survivor", I think Yancey wrote it, but I'm not sure.  Anyway, it's a book about surviving the church and the hurts that unfortunately accompany it.  I could be wrong, but I think you are searching for something.  If you are, then I recomend this book.  If you're not and your just here to push your pain onto Christians, then I feel for you, but I don't know what else to say.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  41

Exchristian said, "no more am I going to be "hating" in the name of Jesus Christ."

Whose name will you be hating in? Do you think you are better now ?:D Did you think that being a christian would make you sinless? Are you sinless, now? Are you ready to go to hell? The most loving thing that anyone could tell you is, 'You must part with your love of sinning, or you must part with any comfort or joy for all eternity.' Run (do not walk), but, run to Jesus. He is your only hope.

You said, "Sure, I might go to hell ..., but frankly, looking at all the christians I've met and heard, I don't think my Heaven would be there Heaven."

There is only one Heaven, its described in the Bible. There is one hell, also. Is the prospect of going there acceptable to you? Unless you run to Jesus, you must go there. :shocked:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

Exchristian,

You said, you used to be a Christian, when you were a christian what did you believe?

Love in Christ, Angels