IGNORED

God Is!

th1bill

9 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Bible, all of it, the Word of God?

• No
    • Yes
    • Maybe

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,268
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

John 3:15-17

. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

NKJV

John 3:16

16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

NIV

If you notice the two words in question here change the meaning of the sentence. The NIV states that one who believes will definately not perish but have eternal life, while the KJV and NKJV states that a person should not perish, but is not definate. Things can happen that can cause problems.

It also gives a bit more sensitivity to this one.

Matt 7:21-23

"Not everyone who says to Me,'Lord, Lord ,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord , have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' 23 And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'

NKJV

You'd have a really hard time convincing me that people who cast out demons and prophesy do not believe.

As for the other, Jesus was using a different word when he asked Peter if he loved him the last time....... it comes much closer to say that he asked him if they were friends instead of loving him as God loves us. The English tends to give the ides that Peter was upset because he asked the third time, but in reality he asked a different question when you get to the Greek Manuscripts.

There are many other places I could post where there are truly slight differences but since you consider this a fools quest, I'll leave you to your thread.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

But some believe that men have overridden the Will of God and have polluted the Word of God, the scriptures. Others believe that the Bible has been mistranslated by men. That would require that, either, God be strong and powerful enough to sustain the positioning of the planets, stars and moons but not be strong enough to prevent men from polluting His Word to us.

If it were not possible for men to pollute or mistranslate the Word, why would Paul say something like this?

2 Corinthians 11

12 But what I do, I will also continue to do, that I may cut off the opportunity from those who desire an opportunity to be regarded just as we are in the things of which they boast.

13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ.

14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.

15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.

Here's an example of one bible that is in use today.

Jude 1:9

CWB - "In contrast to these ungodly men is the Lord Jesus Christ, also called Michael, the archangel in charge of the entire angelic host. When He was challenged by Satan about His intentions to resurrect Moses, He didn't come against Satan with a blistering attack nor did he belittle him. He simply said, 'God rejects your claim to his body.'"

The bible is a material object and thus can be manipulated to say any number of things.

When we put our faith in an object, we have turned that object into an idol.

Something to consider.

Hebrews 10:7,9---Then said I, Lo I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God. vs. 9) Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

The only alternative to trusting in the bible is putting your faith in your own thoughts. If it is idolatrous to place your faith in holy scripture, then it stands to reason it is idolatrous to put your trust in your personal opinions. The problems you have described are not the result of God being unable to preserve his word. He did that through the KJV the confusion is the results of translations that contradict the preserved Word of God.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  116
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/25/1945

John 3:15-17

. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

NKJV

John 3:16

16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

NIV

If you notice the two words in question here change the meaning of the sentence. The NIV states that one who believes will definately not perish but have eternal life, while the KJV and NKJV states that a person should not perish, but is not definate. Things can happen that can cause problems.

This is the glove right across the face and I know it before I say it but it needs being said. For a man, as full of pride as you are this is a bone-heads statement! From the time I was taught to read I was taught to pay, particular, attention to contextual over-tone and to make this assertion of your's is just fool's play!

A picture that perhaps you can grasp. I'm selling Oranges and your presenting Apples to convince folks that I selling lemons.

It also gives a bit more sensitivity to this one.

Matt 7:21-23

"Not everyone who says to Me,'Lord, Lord ,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord , have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' 23 And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'

NKJV

You'd have a really hard time convincing me that people who cast out demons and prophesy do not believe.

As for the other, Jesus was using a different word when he asked Peter if he loved him the last time....... it comes much closer to say that he asked him if they were friends instead of loving him as God loves us. The English tends to give the ides that Peter was upset because he asked the third time, but in reality he asked a different question when you get to the Greek Manuscripts.

There are many other places I could post where there are truly slight differences but since you consider this a fools quest, I'll leave you to your thread.

As for all of your condemnation you might want to rethink your misuse of that power. God is my Judge.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  116
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/25/1945

The 1611 King James Bible is the Word of God from Genesis to Revelation.

That's the way, just go completely off subject.