• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

OH how I wish I could be there physically for you :emot-hug:

Ok so you have to ask yourself what is best for YOU .... YES we all want to attend these things as it gives a sense of closure and we feel that we are in some way letting the person down if we are not there BUT you did everything you could for your dad when it mattered ...when he was alive, would he have wanted you to make yourself ill to go to a ceremony that he will not be at ???

If you want to go and can make it physically can you find a friend or neighbour that would be willing and able to go with you to give you support ??

No matter what you decide to do please try to remember that nothing anyone says has the power to hurt you unless you allow it to do so. One day you will stand before the throne and so will they , a long as you know that you have done your best and do not hold grudges against those that would treat you spitefully then you have done the best you can :emot-hug::emot-hug::emot-hug:

:emot-pray: :emot-pray: :emot-pray: :emot-pray: :emot-pray:

Thanks for your compassion in saying you wish you could be there for me physically. :emot-hug: That means a lot, ladypeartree.

I believe that you have gotten to the heart of the matter. Dad is obviously not there to see me anymore. I know that he would not have expected me to attend the ceremony with a disease as serious as mine. Neither would mom. Because I asked her yesterday and she was very understanding... So the others in my family may think whatever they will. But I've had no true relationships with them, anyway (their choice, not mine.) Other than argueing. God is my Judge. And He is kind and just.

Besides, my last time with dad alive is what counts. (I, by God's Grace was able to bring him much happiness that day. Even as he did for me... It is a special memory I will always treasure. That is the way I personally wish to leave things. So that is what I will take away with me... and always cherish. I am leaning strongly that it is better to end on a happy note. ) I don't think funerals bring all persons closure, anyhow. Sometimes, they can do the opposite. Cause trauma. At least, with me.

What going to this event might do is just stir up a hornet's nest. The person who is furious with me will be there, so it might even make them happier if I not attend. The Lord says as much as it lies within us, we should strive to be at peace with everyone. In this case, that could mean not being present at all. This most hostile relative has severe mental illness and filies into episodes of violent outbursts. I was actually recently threatened by them in strong terms, (so I fear for my safety, as well as for the funeral not being disrupted by a confrontation between us and a fit of rage.)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,771
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  222
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

:emot-hug::emot-hug::emot-hug: I think the right path is getting clearer and clearer for you dear sister

My prayer are with you and your mum :emot-hug::emot-pray:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  179
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Turtletwo,

The best answer I can give you is to take it to Poppa, and ask Him what you should do.

Poppa's way is ALWAYS the right way! Do whatever He puts into your heart. It may not please everyone, but you can't please everyone anyway.

Satan tries to get us to dwell on his thoughts instead of just trusting Poppa which will lead to confusion, frustration, etc. We have to keep demonic thoughts OUT.

Also, bind up and break the devil's power and authority over the situation.

You have my sympathy, and I'll be praying for you.

P.S. I should have read your last post, but what I've written is appropriate at any time.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,188
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

prayed... Love Steven

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Please help me! I am very confused. I have been under heavy satanic attack through two close relatives, who should be supporting me, rather than being downright cruel to me. I am heartbroken and bewildered... As the funeral draws nearer, things are really escalating with the crazy family feuding. Today this second relative has started in. I just can't believe this. It is so wrong! This is a time to honor my dad's memory. He was such a kind man. Thank God, he is in Heaven now and can't see all of this awful fighting!

But I do worry for my poor mom. She is in the nursing home ( paralyzed and unable to attend the funeral, for physical reasons) and therefore sheltered from what is going on. So I have not mentioned any of this to her. But eventually somebody else could 'leak it out.' It would break her heart to see this family at odds with each other right now, of all times.

This is Satan's way of keeping me from attending my own dad's funeral. Though it would be so hard on me physically and emotionally (especially so soon after my last trip), I was still willing to make the long journey... But not if there is going to be a bunch of ugly hostility swirling about. I'd rather remember my last visit with dad and him alive, than looking down at him as a corpse in a casket, anyway. But if I don't come, the family might never forgive me. This is unfair. I have a disease that can not handle high levels of stress. And I have nobody at the funeral for a support-person to even grieve with!

What should I do? Any helpful suggestions from my brothers & sisters in Christ would be so appreciated. Time is running out and I just can't seem to decide whether to attend the funeral /burial ( due to all this family hatred.) I have been praying for God's wisdom, but the heavens seem silent. That is why I am reaching out to my fellow believers. Your input is badly needed, along with your prayer covering. Thanks to each of you who seeks the Lord and shares godly counsel and advice.

Praying for you. Remember Jesus, how the disciples deserted him in the garden of Gethsemane. Jesus didn't have humans to help, but he did have God. Think on him. It's not easy, it may not feel good, but it is what you need.