PLEASE HELP ME!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

Please help me! I am very confused. I have been under heavy satanic attack through two close relatives, who should be supporting me, rather than being downright cruel to me. I am heartbroken and bewildered... As the funeral draws nearer, things are really escalating with the crazy family feuding. Today this second relative has started in. I just can't believe this. It is so wrong! This is a time to honor my dad's memory. He was such a kind man. Thank God, he is in Heaven now and can't see all of this awful fighting!

But I do worry for my poor mom. She is in the nursing home ( paralyzed and unable to attend the funeral, for physical reasons) and therefore sheltered from what is going on. So I have not mentioned any of this to her. But eventually somebody else could 'leak it out.' It would break her heart to see this family at odds with each other right now, of all times.

This is Satan's way of keeping me from attending my own dad's funeral. Though it would be so hard on me physically and emotionally (especially so soon after my last trip), I was still willing to make the long journey... But not if there is going to be a bunch of ugly hostility swirling about. I'd rather remember my last visit with dad and him alive, than looking down at him as a corpse in a casket, anyway. But if I don't come, the family might never forgive me. This is unfair. I have a disease that can not handle high levels of stress. And I have nobody at the funeral for a support-person to even grieve with!

What should I do? Any helpful suggestions from my brothers & sisters in Christ would be so appreciated. Time is running out and I just can't seem to decide whether to attend the funeral /burial ( due to all this family hatred.) I have been praying for God's wisdom, but the heavens seem silent. That is why I am reaching out to my fellow believers. Your input is badly needed, along with your prayer covering. Thanks to each of you who seeks the Lord and shares godly counsel and advice.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

Turtle, the stress of a death in the family sometimes brings out the worst in people. Folks deal with death in many different ways - lashing out and being hostile is one of them. Don't let a few people stop you from going to your father's funeral. Just love those people who are being nasty - in silence if you have to.

Praying for you. :wub:

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,928
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  231
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

OH how I wish I could be there physically for you :emot-hug:

Ok so you have to ask yourself what is best for YOU .... YES we all want to attend these things as it gives a sense of closure and we feel that we are in some way letting the person down if we are not there BUT you did everything you could for your dad when it mattered ...when he was alive, would he have wanted you to make yourself ill to go to a ceremony that he will not be at ???

If you want to go and can make it physically can you find a friend or neighbour that would be willing and able to go with you to give you support ??

No matter what you decide to do please try to remember that nothing anyone says has the power to hurt you unless you allow it to do so. One day you will stand before the throne and so will they , a long as you know that you have done your best and do not hold grudges against those that would treat you spitefully then you have done the best you can :emot-hug::emot-hug::emot-hug:

:emot-pray: :emot-pray: :emot-pray: :emot-pray: :emot-pray:

• Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

*hugs

blessings dear sister,

praying for the Lord to protect your heart from all the arrows being slung at you. wyguy is right illness and death tend to bring out both the best in people and the worst in people. God knows your heart sis. ignore the turmoil the others are in and remember part of this maybe from their guilt on what they did or did not do when your dad was alive. pray about whether you should go or not sis leaving out their turmoil out of the equation you would be not attending the funeral for them but you. praying the Lord will bring His peace to you and your family.

love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Psalm 121 (New King James Version)

1 I will lift up my eyes to the hills-- From whence comes my help?

2 My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth.

3 He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber.

4 Behold, He who keeps Israel Shall neither slumber nor sleep.

5 The Lord is your keeper; The Lord is your shade at your right hand.

6 The sun shall not strike you by day, Nor the moon by night.

7 The Lord shall preserve you from all evil; He shall preserve your soul.

8 The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in From this time forth, and even forevermore.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

Blessing TT,

I agree that the worst can come out during lost of a family member...but you know what? You have weather it before and God has always brought you through.

I understand how it must feel with family members acting up, it happens all the time, at family reunions, cook outs, weddings etc :blink: but you don't have to become part of it. If the occasion arise..just stay calm and reply that this is a time to pay honor to your dad and you will not have any part in dishonoring him by fighting with family.

If you decide and is up to making another trip..and it become unbearable..maybe you can go and be with your Mom...I'm sure this will bring about some needed time well spend for the two of you.

A little over a year ago, I joined Worthy and your posts touched my heart. There were prayer requests that you shared needing a breakthrough for your dad. Some even shared that you were unable to go and see him because of your health. WELL SISTER :emot-highfive: God brought it all together and answered your prayers. Just continue to pray and allow the Holy Spirit to direct you and I am sure you are going to make the right choice, because you are a child of the King, and you know His voice and will not answer or go to another...

Love and prayerfully yours in Christ,

2J :emot-heartbeat:

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Please help me! I am very confused. I have been under heavy satanic attack through two close relatives, who should be supporting me, rather than being downright cruel to me. I am heartbroken and bewildered... As the funeral draws nearer, things are really escalating with the crazy family feuding. Today this second relative has started in. I just can't believe this. It is so wrong! This is a time to honor my dad's memory. He was such a kind man. Thank God, he is in Heaven now and can't see all of this awful fighting!

But I do worry for my poor mom. She is in the nursing home ( paralyzed and unable to attend the funeral, for physical reasons) and therefore sheltered from what is going on. So I have not mentioned any of this to her. But eventually somebody else could 'leak it out.' It would break her heart to see this family at odds with each other right now, of all times.

This is Satan's way of keeping me from attending my own dad's funeral. Though it would be so hard on me physically and emotionally (especially so soon after my last trip), I was still willing to make the long journey... But not if there is going to be a bunch of ugly hostility swirling about. I'd rather remember my last visit with dad and him alive, than looking down at him as a corpse in a casket, anyway. But if I don't come, the family might never forgive me. This is unfair. I have a disease that can not handle high levels of stress. And I have nobody at the funeral for a support-person to even grieve with!

What should I do? Any helpful suggestions from my brothers & sisters in Christ would be so appreciated. Time is running out and I just can't seem to decide whether to attend the funeral /burial ( due to all this family hatred.) I have been praying for God's wisdom, but the heavens seem silent. That is why I am reaching out to my fellow believers. Your input is badly needed, along with your prayer covering. Thanks to each of you who seeks the Lord and shares godly counsel and advice.

So sorry Turtle... sometimes times like this brings out the worst in people ... but also can bring out the best. Try to stay out of the drama with the relatives and pray that they stop behaving so badly. You cannot control what others do, say or how they act - you can only pray that God have His Way. I have known many people who, for various reasons, did not attend funerals of close relatives and/or parents... If the strain of your illness and trauma of dealing with emotions due to insensitive family members - then I think it would be best for you to have perhaps private time with your Mom and maybe stay with her during the funeral since she cannot attend. I am praying for your peace and that God brings comfort to you and your loved ones. :wub:

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Hi turtletwo

May God bless you at this time. I too just as Believer1997 suggested, say go and spend the time with your Mom, remember the happy times. You could go to the cemetery after the funeral and say your goodbye - Your Dad is not there, it is merely his body but for closure that would be a quiet time for you. Thank the Father that your Dad is not suffering and that you will one day see him again. Those who are causing dissension are not happy people.

They need your prayers and remember to thank the Father for the time that you had with your Dad. Dwell on that and spend the time with your Mom and pray for those who are miserable in their own right.

God bless you and comfort you - let God go before and behind you and worry not what others may say.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

Sound like what happened when my wife's dad died. I have no advice but I can, will, and have, prayed!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

Sound like what happened when my wife's dad died. I have no advice but I can, will, and have, prayed!