starfire

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

I have taught in various institutions and also managed an Emergency Shelter for foster kids being taken from their parents in abuse cases. We received the kids from DCF - sometimes in the middle of the night we'd get new arrivals.

Do you know that SOME of these kids would kill you if they weren't on meds? I'm not by any means saying let's all medicate the kids of America...just know this:

I have had children who were so violent and mentally deranged that they couldn't be trusted with a plastic fork - they'd use it to stab a small child in the home or put their eye out. We had one so homocidal that we had to take him to the ER to have him immediately restrained and held in the psch ward...very violent and intentionally attacking other children without provocation. He said, "He heard voices tell him to kill the others." He was nine. *(BTW, his parents were crack addicts)

So, for what it's worth...please know that not all drugs the kids are on are "unnecessary"...sadly, some are so messed up that the drugs keep them from actually doing serious harm to others.                                                   -Cat

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

Cats... you said..

I have had children who were so violent and mentally deranged that they couldn't be trusted with a plastic fork - they'd use it to stab a small child in the home or put their eye out. We had one so homocidal that we had to take him to the ER to have him immediately restrained and held in the psch ward...very violent and intentionally attacking other children without provocation. He said, "He heard voices tell him to kill the others." He was nine. *(BTW, his parents were crack addicts)

I say it is the demonic activity that comes in with the drugs in these last days.. They can be delivered... I was...

Sorcery and withcraft is thought to be "out of date". The Bible clearly states that pharmasuiticals (sp)sorcery will play an important role in the end time drama.  

It don't have to be "illegal" drugs.. I can tell you of people on RX's that have experienced the SAME realm I have... Something is happening... a door that satan has opened and we have blindly in our "give me a pill" quick fix, are fixing to see some terrible things happen...

Katie~bar the DOOR... ;)  :shocked:

In Christ, Karen

I know, Karen...I KNOW it's demonic...no doubt in my mind. But we prayed for him and he still demonstrated extreme hostility.

You can't exactly do a exorcism on a child/ward of the state.  We're in a difficult position.

Yes, I do believe there's a demonic component and you'd be surprised at DCF workers/social workers who are Christian who will agree with you on this.

We know the enemy's handiwork but sometimes our hands are tied. We can pray and we did. This little boy was so violent, we had no choice..we couldn't live in safety. So sad.    Cat

Guest shadow2b
I know, Karen...I KNOW it's demonic...no doubt in my mind. But we prayed for him and he still demonstrated extreme hostility.

You can't exactly do a exorcism on a child/ward of the state.

Guest shadow2b

You can't exactly do a exorcism on a child/ward of the state.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

:inlove: Hey Cats~I am sorry...my post ran two different topics together...

Let me re-phrase it please?

First off, I understand the meds the boy was on and the way you in that profession are tied to proceedure... red tape...

Prayer, fasting, and LOVE and those that are oppressed of the devil can be delivered... That is the Lords desire for our mental problems...

My subject on RXs meant to inply everyday folks on prozac, zolof, when all it takes is being FULL of the Holy Spirit to overcome this world... Pharmasuiticals being another deception in these times... that was what I meant about the "quick fix".....

Love ya Sister and never meant to imply anything against how the boy was taken care of... :shocked:

In Christ, Karen

No problem, Karen... I know your heart  :inlove:  and it's a good one *smile*

Shadow: He was a mess. The boy had been kept in a big box by his crack-addict parents. He grew up in a box. He was so tiny, we used to call him, "Tiny Tim".

He was about the size of a 4 year old so he doesn't sound too dangerous but when a person is seriously mentally ill, they have super-human strength, despite their benign appearance.

They continually adjusted his meds but nothing worked. He was so destructive that he tore up the shelter house and everything in it. He was a very violent child - behaving like a wild animal.

We tried to have him attend school but the teachers told us there was no way he could fit in. He would run around and attack the other children. He would sit and destroy everything they put in front of him. He's screach and scream and act like ...well, I can't describe it. Very, very messed up.

Truth be told, I was so stressed out and mortified by his uncontrollable behavior - I didn't know how to handle him. My nerves were shot. This incident led to my total burnout.

They were so short staffed, I couldn't keep doing this alone. I was supposed to have backup support and respite help. Foster care system can't seem to find and keep help.

Problem is - in DCF and other foster care agencies...we are dealing with children SO violent  that ordinary people can't be around it for too long before it begins to take it's toll on you.  And if they aren't violent, they steal you blind or lie without flinching.

Not all foster kids are like that. The ones we got at the shelter were usually pretty severe

You cannot imagine how hard it is to work in that field and be so shortstaffed. There's not enough workers in the field . You really have to have a thick skin to do this kind of work and nerves of steel would also help.  

Many of the kids are so mentally disturbed by their abusive parents that they're completely wild  and they WILL turn on you.

These are kids who appear to have NO conscience...very hard to reach them.

The burnout rate in DCF is so high that few ever stay in it. In fact, it's a nightmare job that social workers flee from. It's so hard and demanding that the ones who stay tend to get pretty hardened. They've seen so much. You just can't imagine.                                              -Cat

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

:angry: These people who have kids and don't want them should never have them. So of these people believe that a baby will keep a man in their lives. I do not have any children but I love them. I think they should have a loving home with both parents. There is no love today. People think that kids are like kittens. However, cats care more about their kittens than most people care about their children.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest daughterofaking

I agree, starfire.  Many people today seem to see children as accessories or consumer goods like computers or cars.  It really annoys me the way many career women have kids then farm them out to nannies and nurseries.  I'm not against working mums as such and I know many mothers need to work.  However it's so wrong the way some mothers spend hardly any time with their children because of work.  If they're not prepared to make sacrifices they shouldn't have kids in the first place.  It's sad but true that cats and other animals care for their babies and are better mums than many human "mothers".  I blame the "reproductive technology" industry too.  Helping childless, married couples have babies is one thing but when we get things like cloning, surrogacy, homosexual/lesbian "parenting" that's so wrong.  We have people like Michael Jackson who think they can "buy" a child like a DVD player by paying greedy women hard cash to bear him children.  It's yet another sign of the times and the "marketing" of children like another "product"!!! :shocked:  :angry:  ;)