• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

I mean that usually people will feel really guilty and have remorse and then get saved. Or they'll say how much of a wretch they are. I do neither. I know I'm a sinner, but I naturally think of myself as good. Good - not sinless - and deff not good enough to get into heaven b/c no one is good enough. Idk I feel like what's if I didn't 'admit I was a sinner" enough. WHat's if God wants me to be remorseful and really honestly feel the guilt of what I did. It scares me. WHat's if I didn't have faith. All these questions in my head. I know we don't technically do anything to get saved, but we have to do those things to get saved - you have to know why you're getting saved (admit that you're a sinner) and you have to have faith...

Ya know, God loves you. It's not about feeling sorry for your sins, if you repented what's left to feel sorry about? His blood has covered you, What it's all about is knowing His heart. Being filled with the Joy of His presence. We are not saved by feeling sorry for ourselves. We are saved because He paid the price for our sins, and we accept Him to lead us. Praise Him, thank Him. Fall in love with Him. He wants your heart. :)

ok so you think I'm saved? I've prayed to God so many times accepting him for salvation, even though it only takes once...- its kinda confusing...I feel like I cant get close to him b/c I'm never sure I even belong to him (saved)

Honestly I believe if You are seeking Him, You are. You believe in Him, You have accepted Him in your heart. Seek Him, seek His heart, and seek what pleases Him. Our God is not silent, He is active and He moves in our lives, the more we surrender to Him the more He moves, ask for His SPirit to guide you. :)

All fruitfulness flows from intimacy. The more time we spend with Him, the more we fall in love with Him, and the more we trust Him.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I mean that usually people will feel really guilty and have remorse and then get saved. Or they'll say how much of a wretch they are. I do neither. I know I'm a sinner, but I naturally think of myself as good. Good - not sinless - and deff not good enough to get into heaven b/c no one is good enough. Idk I feel like what's if I didn't 'admit I was a sinner" enough. WHat's if God wants me to be remorseful and really honestly feel the guilt of what I did. It scares me. WHat's if I didn't have faith. All these questions in my head. I know we don't technically do anything to get saved, but we have to do those things to get saved - you have to know why you're getting saved (admit that you're a sinner) and you have to have faith...

Ya know, God loves you. It's not about feeling sorry for your sins, if you repented what's left to feel sorry about? His blood has covered you, What it's all about is knowing His heart. Being filled with the Joy of His presence. We are not saved by feeling sorry for ourselves. We are saved because He paid the price for our sins, and we accept Him to lead us. Praise Him, thank Him. Fall in love with Him. He wants your heart. :)

ok so you think I'm saved? I've prayed to God so many times accepting him for salvation, even though it only takes once...- its kinda confusing...I feel like I cant get close to him b/c I'm never sure I even belong to him (saved)

kiwi5x, I think I see a pattern here. As fantastic a place as Worthy is, you may not be able to get the all food you need here. It is wonderful you are asking these questions here, and believe me, Jesus knows your heart.

Do you go to church, or fellowship with other believers? Is there a mature (not in age, in wisdom), fellow believer you can talk to directly about your concerns?

Blessings

Yes, I go every Sunday morning and evening and on Wednesdays. I feel like I only go there for friends b/c I never really get anything out of the services. There are some good services, believe me, but It's like I can't feel God or really learn b/c of this constant doubt. I've talked to someone several times...I'd be afraid to talk to them again, I guess I'd be embarassed. And idk who else to talk to. I'm so so so sick of this. I want to cry!! Many nights I have cried and cried and I cant seem to find an answer. I have prayed to God and I just feel like he's not there. You don't know how bad I want to have a relationship w/ Christ.. :(

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

kiwi5x, I think I see a pattern here. As fantastic a place as Worthy is, you may not be able to get the all food you need here. It is wonderful you are asking these questions here, and believe me, Jesus knows your heart.

Do you go to church, or fellowship with other believers? Is there a mature (not in age, in wisdom), fellow believer you can talk to directly about your concerns?

Blessings

Yes, I go every Sunday morning and evening and on Wednesdays. I feel like I only go there for friends b/c I never really get anything out of the services. There are some good services, believe me, but It's like I can't feel God or really learn b/c of this constant doubt. I've talked to someone several times...I'd be afraid to talk to them again, I guess I'd be embarassed. And idk who else to talk to. I'm so so so sick of this. I want to cry!! Many nights I have cried and cried and I cant seem to find an answer. I have prayed to God and I just feel like he's not there. You don't know how bad I want to have a relationship w/ Christ.. :(

What it really boils down to is - do you believe God is a liar or not?

God PROMISED that if you will repent (confess you are a sinner, ask forgivness and turn from your sins) and place your faith in Jesus to save you, then HE WILL SAVE YOU.

End of story.

It's not about your "feelings" or whether you think God is "listening" or not - it's about what He has said!

Satan is having a field day with you and he's laughing the whole time he's doing it. He's got your curled up in a little frightened ball so you can't be effective in any way for God's kingdom.

Ask yourself: "Can God lie?"

The answer is obvious.

The Bible says that whosoever calls upon the name of the Lord (for salvation) shall be saved. PERIOD! (Romans 10:13, Acts 2:21)

Stop living by your ever changing feelings and simply lean on the Word of God.

God says what He means and means what He says!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

In His wisdom God dangles some people over the fires of hell so that they truly repent, but this is not His preferred choice as He takes no delight in scaring people, and sometimes this would have the wrong effect.

Wordly sorrow for our sins is regret that we got caught and are now paying the consequences, but godly sorrow is not nescessarily an emotion but a revelation of what weve done and a determination to put it right if possible and not do the same again.

"The fear of the Lord is clean". Its not confusing and infected, but like a sucessful operation its done and on the way to healing.

Does that help i felt led to say it that way?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,227
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Take this question directly to the Bible:

Rom 10:9

9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved;

It can be a very simple thing to know if you're saved or not.

If you truly believe that the Father raised him from the dead and you can truthfully tell us and others that Jesus is your Lord, one of two things is possible. Either you are being truthful and you are saved, or you are a liar either to us or yourself.

So to answer your question you have to ask yourself, do you really believe that Jesus was raised from the dead, and is Jesus truly your Lord. Give that second thing a lot of thougt, for it's not a simple question.

If you can answer both yes, then you have assurance of salvation....... if not, there is a large doubt.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Edited by kiwi5x