• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

You did not at all disturb my "comfort zone"

I just don't care..... (and thats my EXPLANATION)

Jesus loves me, I live under His grace, not under any man expressed opinion or the law.

My birthday is next month. I expect a cake and candles......

And hey, thats not going to send me anywhere near as close to hell.

What I wrote contained HUNDREDS OF WORDS and many STATEMENTS. None of the replies to my post were LONG. They also contained FEW STATEMENTS. What's wrong with this picture?

Maybe that it's an opinion that most disagree with but could not be bothered with answering with "HUNDREDS OF WORDS and many STATEMENTS".

"?...(explain using REASONING that comes out of your head/mind instead of out of scripture)...

Why? Then it is conjecture and not truth.....

And brother, this is not an attack on you and your HUNDREDS OF WORDS, I just don't care...sorry, but I don't.

Blessings

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Since you think Peter isnt saved, according to your words, then what do you make of the books of 1 and 2 Peter in the bible?

For clarification, I am not rattled in my comfort zone, afraid to read and discuss your words. I am comparing your words to scripture and they (your words) are coming up short.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Since my last post, there have not been any replies that have actually ADDRESSED THE CONTENT of my post with PARAGRAPHS of 'intellectual reasoning'.

I am not a wordy person. If I can condense my thoughts into a single sentence, I would prefer to do that. If my meaning is not clear, all you need to do is ask for me to explain. You can do this without taking offense, can you not?

As for the paragraphs, many of us have found that when communicating on the message board, it is easier to read the points broken apart. Paragraphs tend to be skimmed over rather than actually read. Likewise, after about three paragraphs, people tend to stop reading the rest of the post. This is another reason for the replies with short posts.

How do I get this point across?...I've tried to explain this one fact before (that you are only "OPPOSING" and expressing the fact that you are UNCOMFORTABLE with what I wrote). What I wrote contained HUNDREDS OF WORDS and many STATEMENTS. None of the replies to my post were LONG. They also contained FEW STATEMENTS. What's wrong with this picture?

I can provide 2 Scriptures that address this:

Ecclesiastes 6:11(RSV) - The more words, the more vanity, and what is man the better?

1 Corinthians 8:1b (RSV) - "Knowledge" puffs up, but love builds up.

Don't you know the difference between actually EXPLAINING why you feel that what I wrote is wrong (assuming that you really do think it is wrong) and simply expressing your discomfort that I disturbed your "comfort zone"?...(explain using REASONING that comes out of your head/mind instead of out of scripture)...

Romans 12:2

"be transformed by the renewal of your mind".

My initial response was short because I wanted to be sure I was interpreting correctly what you were saying:

...look up the words "christian" (notice the believer that used that word denied Christ 3 times and killed Ananias and wife), "christianity", and "christians" plural.

It sounds to me like you are condemning the Apostle Peter. Is this what you are doing?

Here are my objections:

Peter was the first of the disciples to confess Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of God.

Peter was the one who delivered the sermon on Pentecost resulting in the salvation of about 3000 that day.

Peter was the first of the Apostles to perform a miracle (the healing of a lame man).

Peter was the one whom the Lord used to first preach the Gospel to the Gentiles.

Yes, Peter did deny Jesus 3 times. However, Jesus prophesied this would happen, and He instructed Peter to strengthen his brethren after he "turned again" (Luke 22:32).

Thus, I do not understand why you would make such an attack on Peter as you did.

Would you please explain?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

My birthdays tomorrow :) Another year of my life to serve my Messiah :)

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

If I'm not around tommorrow.

Happy Birthday!

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

If I'm not around tommorrow.

Happy Birthday!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

What does celebrating birthdays have to do with the Book of Life? Read on.

Firstly, should a Christian celebrate Birthdays? What saith the Scripture?

There is no law which forbids a Christian from celebrating Birthdays. But then if all that happened unto the Old Testament Jews are for ensamples: and are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come. [1Cor 10:11] and if the Most High has commanded us not to learn the way of the heathen, for the customs of the people are vain. [Jer 10:2,3] then we cannot justify Birthday celebrations from Scripture.

Only three recorded birthday celebrations in Scripture and two are marked with murder and the third with revelry ending in destruction!

hi Mike, :) i see you have another post of the same topic elsewhere. Is your objective here to consider other veiws or are you convinced and wanting to convince all others? Im not objecting to having strong convictions, im just wanting to know where your coming from. Also topics under "General" are not usually for adamant posters imo.

I will stick to these first two assertions here and progress further as proved to my mind.

1 Cor 10:11 and Jer 10:2,3 do not speak of birthdays nor have i seen proof that birthday celebrations are pagan only.

The fact that the three recorded celebrations also recorded discord and even murder, does not prove Gods disproval of such and it is not recorded that the celebrations had evil intent. Would you be saying that every birthday Herod or others celebrated was intended to celebrate evil as well ? The evil that befell John the Baptist was not premeditated by Herod or others as far as i can

tell, but was opportunistic in nature. Although of course Satan premeditated it perhaps?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

Happy birthday Josh!

love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David