• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Basically that - it could be something you see - sleep dream, day dream - or a concept vision (inspiration, thought, etc.)

Bunk.

I'm sorry you don't know what it is like to have God talking back to you, Paul.

I have a neice who used ( may still do as far as I know ) a couple of " dating " sites... she told us about one date , he expected her to travel over 200 miles to meet him , he was NOTHING like the profile she had asked for , took her to a coffee shop and spent the whole time asking her how many shares she had in different companies and how much she could make if she switched things around ( not that she told him any of her personal financial details ) and just how wonderful he was. .... They apparently fill out a form after the date to send to the company and she was described as his ideal woman and he thought the date had gone verey well and may lead to futher more serious dates... she described him in somewhat different terms :taped::taped::taped::taped:

Most of the match making sites are nothing but a place to meet people, but from what I understand from the ads, E-Harmony has everyone do a personality profile to determine what kind of person they would be compatible with. As such, it should weed out most of the problems with someone simply doing a video or message describing themselves and appearing to be something they are not. Of course, a person could claim to have completely differen't likes and dislikes than they really have, but why do that? It would seem like they would want to find the right match, and to do so, it would require honesty.

I met my wife in church 25 plus years ago, so I have never used any of these sites, but if I was single and not in a position to meet women, and was looking to get into a relationship, I wouldn't think twice about trying a site like E-Harmony. At the same time, I would stay away from places where it is nothing more than a hook up hot line or site where people are going to exagerate what a great person they are.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Basically that - it could be something you see - sleep dream, day dream - or a concept vision (inspiration, thought, etc.)

Bunk.

I'm sorry you don't know what it is like to have God talking back to you, Paul.

I think Paul is simply here to stir the pot at times. :taped:

Paul, I've rarely had God "speak" to me via an actual vision or dream (usually, for me, it's the "still, small voice" giving me peace about something), but I know of one time a few years ago He did. The dream concerned my church and some things I had no clue at the time was going to happen. A friend of mine gave me what she believed to be the interpretation and a situation that happened a couple of years later fell in line right down to a tee with the dream God gave me.

Paul, be careful calling God's work "bunk." :blink:

• Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

Maybe you have to meet an nonbeliver to bring to Christ.

Blessings

Missionary dating...ummm not usually advisable.

• Topic Count:  512
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Maybe you have to meet an nonbeliver to bring to Christ.

Blessings

Missionary dating...ummm not usually advisable.

100% on the mark!!! I can be a witness to my single, non-Christian female friends but past that, I would absolutely have to hear it from God to date a non-believer.

If a non-Christian were interested in coming to church with me, talking about the Bible or something of the sort, I'm all for that. That, on the other hand though, is different than dating them.

Bunk....

Truth

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God,I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh:

and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions,

and your old men shall dream dreams:

And on my servants and on my handmaidens

I will pour out in those days of my Spirit;

and they shall prophesy: Acts 2:17-18

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

My now divorced oldest daughter met a man on one of those sites too (I think it WAS E-harmony) and they met in person after a month or so. Regardless of what people tell you, most of them lie or misrepresent themselves from what I've read. Over half are already married. Instead of 'six feet' he was about 5'6" (she's 5'9"!) and at least twenty years older than what he (and his old profile picture) claimed. She said he was about fifty; she is 28. She described him as a 'younger Willie Nelson'. I was against this but, hey, kids don't listen. She was very disgusted by the whole experience. :rolleyes:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

My now divorced oldest daughter met a man on one of those sites too (I think it WAS E-harmony) and they met in person after a month or so. Regardless of what people tell you, most of them lie or misrepresent themselves from what I've read. Over half are already married. Instead of 'six feet' he was about 5'6" (she's 5'9"!) and at least twenty years older than what he (and his old profile picture) claimed. She said he was about fifty; she is 28. She described him as a 'younger Willie Nelson'. I was against this but, hey, kids don't listen. She was very disgusted by the whole experience. :rolleyes:

Look, I said I was sorry! Tell her to just let it go!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get on the road again....

willie.jpg