mizzdy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

I often see people talking about the different mindsets, there is a huge difference in the two and how it applies to what we read in scriptures, at least I see it that way and many others as well. I thought these little 'lessons' might help some see the differences. I already asked a mod if posting this was ok and got the a'ok.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I often see people talking about the different mindsets, there is a huge difference in the two and how it applies to what we read in scriptures, at least I see it that way and many others as well. I thought these little 'lessons' might help some see the differences. I already asked a mod if posting this was ok and got the a'ok.

I checked the site you referenced. This matter seems to be pitting Hebrew mindset against Greek mindset, and it is based on the Hebrew writers. I don't yet know what the originator of this issue is concluding, but I surely think the Holy Scripture does not set forth a Hebrew mindset. God used the Apostles to set forth the hope of Israel in their Messiah, the end of the Israelite (Jews) religion, and what the new testament is in the formation of the church. Both Israelites and Gentiles are free to come into the "household of faith", known as the universal assembly of God (the Church). The Apostles had a good perspective of God's dealing with man, knowing the Old Testament and Israel's religion, and could now see the hope of the whole world in Jesus Christ. They could speak to Israel in showing them the truth of it all, and also show how all mankind can be saved (not by the "Jew's religion") but by the new life in Christ. I hope the author of this premise is not proposing that the church is an extension of the Israelite relgion, which it is not.

- 1 Watchman

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

God used the Apostles to set forth the hope of Israel in their Messiah, the end of the Israelite (Jews) religion, and what the new testament is in the formation of the church.

Jesus said He did not come to do away with the Law and the Prophets but to fulfill them.

Thus, to say God brought about the "end" of the Israelite religion is false.

FYI, the current Jewish religion is not the same as the Israelite religion set forth in the Torah. The original religion centered around Temple and the sacrifices for atonement. Today's Judaism centers around good deeds.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

Hi mizzdy i read a large portion of it, but i cant see where he proves the things he says occured even if they did. Sure those with Greek mindset and culture would continue in darkness except they be born again, but Christians do not keep their culture or mindset.

Jesus has said "Anyone that does not hate their mother and father (all previous beliefs) cannot be My disciple". Words in brackets my opinion.

Before i came to Christ i was a humanist, liberal, athiest and my culture was drunkeness and immorality. When i was born again i began to reject my previous beliefs and understanding that went against what Jesus was showing me. I did not get my changes from other christians or any "Greek mindset", but from the bible as i read it.

When it said in Genesis God created the world in 6 days i just believed it, and when it said there were no other gods but only God, and the other hosts in heaven were the Angels, and that Satan and the fallen angels were cast down to earth, this too i just believed. So i do not believe in evolution or aliens.

I will admit that initially i went to church every sunday because that is what others did, and of course some things i did learn by assimilation, but only as they stood up to the scrutiny of the bible. So when i came accross some people who went to church on saturday and they told me i was in the wrong, again i went back to the bible and i read "let no one tell you what days to observe". And when i read the further proofs and verses by a man used supernaturally of God, these clinched the deal and i had a clear conscience that i had weighed all the arguements and had not rejected any light on the subject, or been blinded by predjudce or pride.

Im not sure how anyone can make the leap that the mind of Christ, the creator of all life and peoples, is Hebrew?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Jesus came to the House of Israel and to the Jew first according to God's plan. The Gospel went forth from Jerusalem as planned and then to the world.:thumbsup:

Jesus Christ is the King of the Jews and the Jewish Messiah. The very Hope of Israel. :wub: We are grafted into Israel, it's that simple. We ought be careful lest we boast and in boasting wind up cut off much as the Jew himself was. Be mindful though that it is God's deepest desire to graft the Jew back in. How ,much more does the natural branch take to the root?:wub:

Now, for mindset, merely because you are Saved doesn't neccesarily mean that your mindset has changed. However, the Word of God is very clear, we need a change of mind.:thumbsup:

As Nebula has already said, Jesus didn't come to do away with the Law and the Prophets. He came to fulfill them.:thumbsup:

God said this concerning the Jew and the Greek;

1Co 1:22

For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

The Jew sought the sign from heaven that if he were indeed the son of God, as claimed, that He would need to Save Himself and show forth a sign by coming down from heaven in Power and Glory bringing forth the Kingdom. Even the Disciples sought this sign.:blink: (Yet, this would not have been sufficient either as Jesus had already told them.);

Mt 12:39

But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

The Greek sought after Wisdom.

A well argued system of Philosophy.:thumbsup:

Ac 17:18

Then certain philosophers of the Epicureans, and of the Stoics, encountered him. And some said, What will this babbler say? Others, He seems to be a setter forth of strange gods: because he preached unto them Jesus, and the resurrection.

Yet wisdom is this;

1Co 1:23

But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumbling block, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

Crucified because the Jews sought Power and Glory while the Greek couldn't fathom such an ignominious death for a Deity.:wub:

Peace,

Dave

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

JCISGD,

Im not sure how anyone can make the leap that the mind of Christ, the creator of all life and peoples, is Hebrew?

Jesus Christ was and is a practicing Jew.:wub: Some even called Him Rabboni.:wub:

peace,

Dave

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

JCISGD,

Jesus Christ was and is a practicing Jew.:wub: Some even called Him Rabboni.:wub:

peace,

Dave

I have to disagee in the light that he proved He was not subject to the seventh day sabbath by picking food or the Mosaic law by not washing His hands.

When He met the two disciples on the road after His ressurection they did not recognise Him, He had taken another form.

Im not boasting of anything or disdaining of Gods plans for Israel. I love the Jews too, but heaven will be populated with Christ lovers. We wont be carbon copies of any one culture.

I dont think the mind that concieved of and created all things was Jewish, even though He chose to be born in a nation He called out of the nations. Remember He was God for all eternity before He became a man, is He now seated on the throne wearing Jewish clothes and speaking hebrew?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

JCISGD,

peace,

Dave

I have to disagee in the light that he proved He was not subject to the seventh day sabbath by picking food or the Mosaic law by not washing His hands.

When He met the two disciples on the road after His ressurection they did not recognise Him, He had taken another form.

Im not boasting of anything or disdaining of Gods plans for Israel. I love the Jews too, but heaven will be populated with Christ lovers. We wont be carbon copies of any one culture.

I dont think the mind that concieved of and created all things was Jewish, even though He chose to be born in a nation He called out of the nations. Remember He was God for all eternity before He became a man, is He now seated on the throne wearing Jewish clothes and speaking hebrew?

Every place I read in my Bible, demonstrates that G-d has used all the traditions, rituals and commandments to express things in a Jewish way, with a Jewish understanding....and that the future prophecies regarding Ezekiels Temple, and the Heavenly Jerusalem are all couched in unabashed Jewish terminology and follow on in the traditions of the past, because none was without significance. It would be an impossibility to try and understand any of this outside a Hebrew mind-set....even though that is unfortunately what much of the Gentile Church has attempted to do for centuries...trying to force a Hebrew peg into a Greek hole.....then arguing there is no difference.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Sure those with Greek mindset and culture would continue in darkness except they be born again, but Christians do not keep their culture or mindset.

Hey -

I need you to explain your reasoning here.

How is your mindset different from the Greek mindset and from the Hebrew mindset?

And what do you mean by losing one's culture? Culture can be dress, music style (not lyrics, but the instrumentation and melody and such), mannerisms, expressions, accent, daily routines, entertainment options, etc.

What culture did you lose when you came to Christ?

Wow!

And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee. Romans 11:17-18

That Is So Rich!

For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches. Romans 11:23-24

God Bless The Bible Bearers

And Their Children

And Their KING

Maranatha!

Amen!