• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I have just watched the weirdest thing on TV. A guy walks into a tattoo parlor (the show is called Miami Ink), and tells the tattooist he wants a tattoo of a piece of cheese on his bicep. He is lactose intolerant and wants the world to know :blink: Wierd......

But it got me thinking.

Tattoo's, are they a good thing, bad thing, or just a lifestyle thing?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  363
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

To each his own, I don't see anything wrong with them. But I don't see them as a "lifestyle", not exactly sure what you mean by that. I have 4 tattoos. I just got them because I liked them. Two are Christian themed.

I think a lot of times after a person gets their first they realize they're not painful so they opt for more. And that's probably why you see some folks with a lot. They are expensive and one needs to make sure it's something they want for the rest of their lives. I love mine and am glad I got them. When I get some extra cash, I want one more, hopefully in the spring.

blessings;

corey

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

I have just watched the weirdest thing on TV. A guy walks into a tattoo parlor (the show is called Miami Ink), and tells the tattooist he wants a tattoo of a piece of cheese on his bicep. He is lactose intolerant and wants the world to know :blink: Wierd......

But it got me thinking.

Our bodies are temples to God, and thus should not be defiled with ink that looks like it belongs on a cut of beef from the butcher shop.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Hi Corey,

To each his own

I'm wondering if you could relate that Biblically to me?

Peace,

Dave

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

But it got me thinking.

Our bodies are temples to God, and thus should not be defiled with ink that looks like it belongs on a cut of beef from the butcher shop.

There are many interpretations of this scripture, and those with tattoos will argue them. So will people who overeat and are obese, or suffer from bulimia or anorexia for instance.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

But it got me thinking.

There are many interpretations of this scripture, and those with tattoos will argue them. So will people who overeat and are obese, or suffer from bulimia or anorexia for instance.

You are right, overeating also defiles the body. All of us I guess have sinned against our bodies at one point. Tattooing is one that sems to me like just a deliberate defiling of our bodies,and one of the most easy ones to avoid.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  91
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

2 Chronicles 16:9 (New International Version,

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,878
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  229
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

:24::24::24::24: this was debated in the ladies room once ....and got deleted :taped::taped::taped::24::24::24::24:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

I believe each person who has tattoos has their own reasons...

As a young foolish girl, I got a few (not done professionally), but with Indian ink and a sewing needle :blink:. When I reach maturity and way before I accepted Christ, I realized what a bad choice I made in getting them. I was a young foolish rebel and held my ground that, it was cool and everyone was getting them! :blink: This probably is the reason some are doing it and lets not forget the glamorization given by shows as Miami Ink.

I'm just thankful God looks beyond some of the stuff I did before accepting Him..

And for those who are believers and has gone and got them...I'll leave that to Him too.

Guest shiloh357

But it got me thinking.

I have never really been one way or the other about tatoos. The Levites in Scripture were not allowed to get tatoos, but back then it was common for pagan priests to have the images of their gods tatooed on their body. It was part of their pagan rites.

Tatoos today are basically body art and I don't think they are a sin per se, but I do think people go overboard with them.

I mean if someone gets a small tatoo around their ankle or in a inconspicuous part of their body, I see no harm (so long as they get it done professionally and in a sanitary environment.

But let's face it, if you get tatooed up and down your arms and around your neck, I would say you can pretty much count on not getting a job as a CPA or a lawyer. I would say you can bet on there being a mop in your future.

Tatoos are not a sin, but people should not be unwise about them and think about the fact that when they get older those things are going to look really, really bad.