MorningGlory

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  3

I may be wrong, but I'm sure Nebula is not referring to political posters ... Obviously, anyone who would shoot children and others in such a sickening act of violence is not stable.

The Take Back 20 thing was what popped up on what other news sites/blogs were reporting. Unrelated though.

A little more about the alleged shooter. I'm bolding what stood out. Going through the videos, I think? (It's hard ot tell) he thinks the government is controlling people through literacy rates, or something. A lot of the stuff in his videos is written in the past tense. He's trying to drop a hint there.

Name:

Jared Lee Loughner

Channel Views:

October 25, 2010

http://Myspace.com/fallenasleep

About Me:

My name is Jared Lee Loughner!

Hometown:

Tucson

United States

Schools:

I attended school: Thornydale elementary,Tortolita Middle School, Mountain View Highschool, Northwest Aztec Middle College, and Pima Community College.

Interests:

My favorite interest was reading, and I studied grammar. Conscience dreams were a great study in college!

Movies:

(*My idiom: I could coin the moment!*)

Music:

Pass me the strings!

Books:

I had favorite books: Animal Farm, Brave New World, The Wizard Of OZ, Aesop Fables, The Odyssey, Alice Adventures Into Wonderland, Fahrenheit 451, Peter Pan, To Kill A Mockingbird, We The Living, Phantom Toll Booth, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Pulp,Through The Looking Glass, The Communist Manifesto, Siddhartha, The Old Man And The Sea, Gulliver's Travels, Mein Kampf, The Republic, and Meno.

No 'Catcher in The Rye'? He's just nuts. No sense looking for depth in a puddle.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Butero

I am glad to hear the shooter was a nut job. I would hate to think we have gotten to the point where people are going around shooting politicians they don't like? :noidea: The original report I had heard was that the Congresswoman had died, but I am glad to hear the original report was false. Differences need to be settled at the ballot box, not with guns.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I am glad to hear the shooter was a nut job. I would hate to think we have gotten to the point where people are going around shooting politicians they don't like? :noidea: The original report I had heard was that the Congresswoman had died, but I am glad to hear the original report was false. Differences need to be settled at the ballot box, not with guns.

I second your statements, Butero. I never want to see the day when legislators are shot for their ideologies or votes. It appears this man, Lautner, is exactly that, a nut job with no coherent reasoning behind his actions. Apparently, this woman believed in being accessible to her constituents, unlike some, and actually sought their opinions. Please, let's continue to pray for the Congresswoman's recovery and for the families of those who lost their lives today at the hands of this madman.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

First I want to state that violence is abominable. No one should have been shot at, injured, much less killed.

That said, Giffords district is on or near the border. She has been pro illegal yet also demanding more border security. It will be interesting to see if that plays into it.

(incorrect information removed later.)

Violence is wrong. The shooter needs to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. No one, from a politician whom I disagree with on many issues, to a child, should have been hurt or killed.

Edited later to remove inaccurate information.

I was just informed that she was on several committees that supposedly toughened laws against the drug cartels. Although the shooter was not hispanic, what I know of that activity here, makes me wonder if that is involved.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  3

I was just informed that she was on several committees that supposedly toughened laws against the drug cartels. Although the shooter was not hispanic, what I know of that activity here, makes me wonder if that is involved.

Completely unrelated. Its about as related as Sarah Palin to this, that is, not at all. Check the shooters youtube page.

Don't worry, we'll have about a day, maybe two of honesty on the news before monday hits. Then some people hosting shows on Fox News will be back to blaming this on Liberals, and some people on other networks wil be back to blaming things on conservatives.

Maybe if we're lucky people will stop pointing fingers shouting "No you!" and have unexpected honesty and co-operation. I doubt it though.

Eh they are already blaming conservatives.

Interestingly the dead judge presided over a $32 million lawsuit by illegals against an Arizona rancher. He allowed for the validity of the lawsuit. (As I recall, illegals were upset that the rancher stopped them from trespassing on his property and were encouraged to sue by the consulate/ mexican govt). He nearly lost his ranch over their lawsuit.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Eh they are already blaming conservatives.

Interestingly the dead judge presided over a $32 million lawsuit by illegals against an Arizona rancher. He allowed for the validity of the lawsuit. (As I recall, illegals were upset that the rancher stopped them from trespassing on his property and were encouraged to sue by the consulate/ mexican govt). He nearly lost his ranch over their lawsuit.

I really don't think conservative/liberal views enter into this. This guy seems to be a psychopath who is convinced the government is engaging in mind control. The Congresswoman appears to be a moderate Democrat but I think she would have been targeted even if she was an ultra-conservative like Governor Palin. People like this shooter see things as all about THEM and THEIR rights; in their twisted minds, others have no rights.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

OK, this is insane. Doing a search for the news on her, at the top was not Giffords but Sarah Palin!

My goodness, these people are acting like sharks!

(Sorry, had to vent a little.)

I don't understand what you mean here, Neb. Why would Sarah Palin be at the top of the search other than the fact she has evolved into a multi-media phenomenom of her own design ... I am unclear about the shark comment. I'm praying for Ms. Giffords as well as the others (among them a child) who were killed or wounded. What utter madness.

I didn't bother to read the articles, but from what I saw, as was mentioned, there was a poster with certain Liberal "targets" - a map of the US with crosshair circles where Liberal politicians resided. Palin apparently had the crosshairs over the one who was shot removed. This was at the top of my search! I saw in some comments from readers in other places where people were blaming Palin's crosshairs as provoking such violence.

That's why I vented. Sorry I didn't explain, but I was in a rush.