MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

I just read that the 9 year old girl who died was born on Sept. 11, 2001. What a world she lived in..........

Oh dear heavens. Yes, the world she lived in was insane and out of control much of the time. I pray that this little one saw some of the beauty God has put in this confused place. Praying for the family of this little one and that she is in a world free of pain and suffering and fear... :broken_heart:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Butero

No one will ever truly know what impact aggressive language and Rambo-style politics have on people who are mentally unstable. I think there is far too much suggestive commentary out there on BOTH sides. Not everyone who hears and sees the political blah-blah-blah is able to distinguish between logical issues and spin. This young man has posted on his blog that the voters in Giffords district were illiterate and stupid. So - maybe his hateful and violent rampage was aimed at the Congresswoman. Much of this young man's writings are just aimless ramblings.

I think that responsible participants on all sides of the political spectrum (both politicians and media) need to stop the hateful and inflammatory rhetoric and simply eliminate the theatrics. Realistically, this will not happen ... there has always been fiery rhetoric in both the media and politics - one does have to wonder if these words and actions inspire a delusional person to act...

God bless the families of those who lost loved ones and those who were injured. I am praying for them.

I don't believe the comments of politicians, or radio or talk show hosts contributed anything to what happened. At the same time, I am very interested in finding out more about the "person of interest" being sought by the FBI. I am wondering if he knew the shooter, that he had a screw loose, and could be behind what happened? Could he have filled the guys head with this stuff to get him to take out one of his political enemies? Of course, this is just pure speculation, but one has to wonder? :noidea:

No one will ever truly know what impact aggressive language and Rambo-style politics have on people who are mentally unstable. I think there is far too much suggestive commentary out there on BOTH sides. Not everyone who hears and sees the political blah-blah-blah is able to distinguish between logical issues and spin. This young man has posted on his blog that the voters in Giffords district were illiterate and stupid. So - maybe his hateful and violent rampage was aimed at the Congresswoman. Much of this young man's writings are just aimless ramblings.

I think that responsible participants on all sides of the political spectrum (both politicians and media) need to stop the hateful and inflammatory rhetoric and simply eliminate the theatrics. Realistically, this will not happen ... there has always been fiery rhetoric in both the media and politics - one does have to wonder if these words and actions inspire a delusional person to act...

God bless the families of those who lost loved ones and those who were injured. I am praying for them.

I don't believe the comments of politicians, or radio or talk show hosts contributed anything to what happened. At the same time, I am very interested in finding out more about the "person of interest" being sought by the FBI. I am wondering if he knew the shooter, that he had a screw loose, and could be behind what happened? Could he have filled the guys head with this stuff to get him to take out one of his political enemies? Of course, this is just pure speculation, but one has to wonder? :noidea:

I am also interested in the 'person of interest' and wonder if he was involved in this tragedy. Obviously, we will have to agree to disagree on what could possibly inspire someone to commit such an act. I am glad that Sarah Palin immediately removed the map of cross-hairs over Congressional districts from her website when this tragedy happened. I'm also glad that media is abuzz today about what constitutes fiery and inflammatory commentary. We never know when someone who is a bubble off plumb will take some of these idiotic comments and actions as fact and act upon them. This criminal has some loose hinges - he has posted comments against Giffords and many of his postings are not lucid.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

I am glad that Sarah Palin immediately removed the map of cross-hairs over Congressional districts from her website when this tragedy happened. I'm also glad that media is abuzz today about what constitutes fiery and inflammatory commentary. We never know when someone who is a bubble off plumb will take some of these idiotic comments and actions as fact and act upon them. This criminal has some loose hinges - he has posted comments against Giffords and many of his postings are not lucid.

Do we have to analyze every metaphore a person uses. Using a target was fine...cuz we were targeting those congressional distrcits. That doesn't mean that Palin (or DailyKos for that matter) wanted people to get shot. After 9/11 the media told us we weren't allowed to use the word "hero" anymore either. Words can be used for many meanings. People will use anything to make their point no matter how ridiculous. There is nothing wrong with 'targeting' a district.

I'd be willing to bet that this guy never even saw Palins' or DailyKos map...or watched Fox or CNN. He quite likely couldn't stand any of them and hated their grammer, and thought they were gov't plants, and were planning the 2012 apocalyspe.....

I am glad that Sarah Palin immediately removed the map of cross-hairs over Congressional districts from her website when this tragedy happened. I'm also glad that media is abuzz today about what constitutes fiery and inflammatory commentary. We never know when someone who is a bubble off plumb will take some of these idiotic comments and actions as fact and act upon them. This criminal has some loose hinges - he has posted comments against Giffords and many of his postings are not lucid.

Do we have to analyze every metaphore a person uses. Using a target was fine...cuz we were targeting those congressional distrcits. That doesn't mean that Palin (or DailyKos for that matter) wanted people to get shot. After 9/11 the media told us we weren't allowed to use the word "hero" anymore either. Words can be used for many meanings. People will use anything to make their point no matter how ridiculous. There is nothing wrong with 'targeting' a district.

I'd be willing to bet that this guy never even saw Palins' or DailyKos map...or watched Fox or CNN. He quite likely couldn't stand any of them and hated their grammer, and thought they were gov't plants, and were planning the 2012 apocalyspe.....

The shooter probably isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. But, what does a cross-hair gun sight signify? A target. People in the public eye need to be a little more sensitive to the way they advertise and the talking heads need to curb the aggressive and inflammatory rhetoric. That's all people in the public eye - the shock jocks, the pundits, the politicians from whatever party. Recently the President made a comment about physically punching someone and Mrs. O commented that people who didn't vote should be 'shook'. I don't believe that either of them literally meant to punch or shake anyone. I don't think that Palin meant to physically target those representatives of the districts on the map of her website ... but, I'm not delusional (contrary to what one of my kids say).... Words and images can be powerful tools - too many deranged dictators have proven that ... I am simply saying that Rambo was just a movie and using his aggressive tactics and verbal persona in politics, etc. could and possibly has already proven dangerous to innocent people.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,124
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

we also need to be praying for the deranged soul that did this..... He probable needs prayer as much or more than any one.

I fear there is much to this that we aren't aware of yet...

I believe this as well; from what I heard on the news this man is an atheist and both a communitst and nazi sympathizer (how could that be? :noidea:). He most likely belonged to some fringe group but, from reading this quote from one of his online rants, the agenda isn't clear....

"I know who's listening: Government Officials, and the People," Loughner wrote. "Nearly all the people, who don't know this accurate information of a new currency, aren't aware of mind control and brainwash methods. If I have my civil rights, then this message wouldn't have happen (sic)."

That statement isn't even coherent....:blink:

Actually I know exactly what hes talking about, but why he went off the deep end is most likely a whole different story. Almost all cases like this end up being of a spiritual nature and it's very hard sometimes to get to the bottom of it, and more often than not impossible.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

The shooter probably isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. But, what does a cross-hair gun sight signify? A target. People in the public eye need to be a little more sensitive to the way they advertise and the talking heads need to curb the aggressive and inflammatory rhetoric. That's all people in the public eye - the shock jocks, the pundits, the politicians from whatever party. Recently the President made a comment about physically punching someone and Mrs. O commented that people who didn't vote should be 'shook'. I don't believe that either of them literally meant to punch or shake anyone. I don't think that Palin meant to physically target those representatives of the districts on the map of her website ... but, I'm not delusional (contrary to what one of my kids say).... Words and images can be powerful tools - too many deranged dictators have proven that ... I am simply saying that Rambo was just a movie and using his aggressive tactics and verbal persona in politics, etc. could and possibly has already proven dangerous to innocent people.

So if we all know that the Prez an Michelle don't mean to physically harm people...why isn't that good enough. We all get what they meant because thats what metaphores are. Are we now going to start checking our speech habits so that mentally ill people won't "take a long walk off a short pier" or any other random thing we commonly say. I just don't think we need to start questioning ourselves because ONE delusional fool out of 300 million citizens did something evil.

So Palin used a target...it was not inappropriate because WE ALL know that Palin wasn't targeting Giffords. It was her congressional seat that was the target. Giffords is actually well liked by both sides...but we were hoping to get someone more conservative. That should be good enough for people with common sense. The people who are now 'targeting' Palin won't be happy until her website is removed. If Palin had used a cute bunny over Arizona's 8th congressional district as a target...people would blame Palin if this had happened near Easter.

I'm not gonna change who I am...or the way i talk...or the way I feel about the damage that liberals have wreaked on this country just because one loony toon did something atrocious. That is EXACTLY what liberals want...and exactly how they are attempting to manipulate this story.

So if we all know that the Prez an Michelle don't mean to physically harm people...why isn't that good enough. We all get what they meant because thats what metaphores are. Are we now going to start checking our speech habits so that mentally ill people won't "take a long walk off a short pier" or any other random thing we commonly say. I just don't think we need to start questioning ourselves because ONE delusional fool out of 300 million citizens did something evil.

So Palin used a target...it was not inappropriate because WE ALL know that Palin wasn't targeting Giffords. It was her congressional seat that was the target. Giffords is actually well liked by both sides...but we were hoping to get someone more conservative. That should be good enough for people with common sense. The people who are now 'targeting' Palin won't be happy until her website is removed. If Palin had used a cute bunny over Arizona's 8th congressional district as a target...people would blame Palin if this had happened near Easter.

I'm not gonna change who I am...or the way i talk...or the way I feel about the damage that liberals have wreaked on this country just because one loony toon did something atrocious. That is EXACTLY what liberals want...and exactly how they are attempting to manipulate this story.

I saw an interview with Congresswoman Giffords 10 months ago when she made a reference to Ms. Palin's cross-hair emblems on the Congressional District she represented... She commented on the fact that it was a bit over the top .... it was a rather chilling interview. Axx... we've known and I think respected each other for awhile now... I don't think you should change who you are - but there are public figures on all sides of the issues who are getting more and more provocative and aggressive in their language - again, I believe that words are powerful, images are impressionable and there are more and more loony tooners out there than either of us can imagine. Blessings, brother.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I just read that the 9 year old girl who died was born on Sept. 11, 2001. What a world she lived in..........

Yeah, kind of freaky, isn't it?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,124
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Yeah, kind of freaky, isn't it?

I don't believe in coincidences, and this makes me even more concerned about this being something spirtual.