• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

This train of thought is as I said ...

This is a form of the Emergent Church.

Rather than just repeating yourself, wouldn't it help if you expained what you meant? Because whilst we will probably disagree, I would like to understand why precisely we disagree.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

This train of thought is as I said ...

This is a form of the Emergent Church.

Rather than just repeating yourself, wouldn't it help if you expained what you meant? Because whilst we will probably disagree, I would like to understand why precisely we disagree.

Have you not heard or read about the Emergent Church? Seriously ... that would surprise me. You seem to be well rounded in your studies.

I dont think it is because the building is " holy" it is the implications ..would you invite satanists to use your home to worship in ???

As I share a flat with four others two of whom are fairly devout Chinese Muslims (who I don't class as Satanists) I'm sure that there is the occasional Meccaward prayer made here. However we all manage to live together in a friendly loving manner, for which i give thanks to God.

Living quarters and a house of worship aren't quite the same. :rolleyes:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  04/24/1986

I'm not sure how wise this is. Would they [Muslims] do the same for Christian congregants? Furthermore, there are more ways of showing love to the Muslims than to desecrate the building where the living and true God's presence dwells.

What makes one pile of bricks more holy or sacred than any other? Do you believe that God is only present in certain special buildings?

Rather a building can be designated as holy or not is up for debate. My retort to this foolishness is a church is supposed to be a place where the presence of the living and true God resides. Its a place dedicated to worship Him and Him alone. It is a disgrace to HIS [God's] holiness to allow unbelievers to worship a false god in His presence and designated place of worship. Burger King doesn't serve Whoppers from a McDonald's drive thru, and neither should false deists worship an idol where the Living God is to be worshipped.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

I dont think it is because the building is " holy" it is the implications ..would you invite satanists to use your home to worship in ???

As I share a flat with four others two of whom are fairly devout Chinese Muslims (who I don't class as Satanists) I'm sure that there is the occasional Meccaward prayer made here. However we all manage to live together in a friendly loving manner, for which i give thanks to God.

My "living quarters" are my home which is the point I was responding to and it clearly is a place where I worship. Do you not worship in your house? Do you think prayers from a "steeple house" (an old Quaker word I never thought I'd actually use) are favoured over those made in my kitchen, or on the street or even at the municipal dump.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

This is wrong.

The church owns the building. They supposedly worship God. To open the doors and allow for a worship of a false god is wrong, blasphemous. Not because the church building is any holier than any other, but because the church itself is in essence approving of the worship of a false god.

Woe to them.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Even more, I keep thinking of all those times in the old testament days when an idol was brought into worship of Israel. Nothing good ever came of that.

Churches Loan Buildings to Muslims for Worship

By Heather Sells

CBN News Reporter

Monday, January 24, 2011

Some American churches have taken a controversial step to reach out to their Muslim neighbors.

At least two congregations received national attention recently after they opened their doors to local Muslims, letting them use their church buildings to hold Muslim worship services.

Read here

:blink:

Yet another sad commentary on the state of the church in America. Why not let the Wiccans use their building too and reach out to them? If you allow pagans to use your building, you are inviting the demonic spirits behind those false religions to abide in what is supposed to be a house of worship to God. May the Lord have mercy on these fools, and show them the error of their ways.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The early Quakers made a big point of calling their places of worship "Meeting Houses" rejecting the terms church or chapel because they felt that seeing a mere building as being more holy than any other place was idolatrous. They were built because worshipping in other locations was inconvenient. As a contemporary Quaker I share this view, although perhaps illogically I am at the same time very fond of some of our older meeting houses.

Yes, it is a meeting house. But a meeting house that was dedicated to the Lord and His glory - or should be.

Will the Lord share His glory with another?

My "living quarters" are my home which is the point I was responding to and it clearly is a place where I worship. Do you not worship in your house? Do you think prayers from a "steeple house" (an old Quaker word I never thought I'd actually use) are favoured over those made in my kitchen, or on the street or even at the municipal dump.

One can actually worship anywhere, as you stated, but that's not the point of the OP. The buildings in question are not family residences or "flats". They're buildings specifically designed for worship.