IGNORED

mental illness

j102

i think many people within the church body (not sure about any particular church as a whole though) tend to think of any mental illness as a spiritual battle, demon posession, or a sin issue, instead of recognizing it as something that could be a chemical imbalance in the brain.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/21/1977

Beware of socalled experts.

Every experance engenders a chemical responce. it's more a matter of posessing the approperate coping skill to deal with a given issue.

if you know all about internal combustion engines, then a roadside breakdown is no problem. If one is unfimilar with automotive repair, well then, yelling, crying and screaming avails little.

It's really a matter of education and charater developement. Possessing the proper tool to deal with the job.

Psychology is not an exact science, it's a phlisophy. Remember, it's Medial Arts not Medical Science.

That's why psychology books get discredited then rewritten. What's 'normal' today may become 'abnormal' tomorrow.

Psychology and Social Sciences are notoriously political. Remember your history or be doomed to repeat it.

Take a pill, instant gratification, victom mentaltity convientaly not responsable for poor choises.

There are those few who truely have a physical pathology, but the vast majority do not.

and btw, scripture delineates those who are sick and those who are demonically tormented. see: Matt8

Anyway, contempory society post modern beliefs.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

Churches of today have predominatly lost the fear of the Lord to walk in holiness, they know they dont have Gods blessing or power so they must back down when they get a hard problem. Its not a matter of being trained by Eygpt, its a matter of having power to say "be healed in Jesus` name or to give divine counsel. The disciples were sent out in two`s and they came back marvelling that they had power over all things.

Yes not all things are demons, some are imbalances needing adjustment be it change of lifestyle or medical intervention, but anyone walking close to the Lord has access to His counsel and thats a must. If we dont have that closeness we shouldnt be in ministry, and are just playing church.

Churches of today have predominatly lost the fear of the Lord to walk in holiness, they know they dont have Gods blessing or power so they must back down when they get a hard problem. Its not a matter of being trained by Eygpt, its a matter of having power to say "be healed in Jesus` name or to give divine counsel. The disciples were sent out in two`s and they came back marvelling that they had power over all things.

Yes not all things are demons, some are imbalances needing adjustment be it change of lifestyle or medical intervention, but anyone walking close to the Lord has access to His counsel and thats a must. If we dont have that closeness we shouldnt be in ministry, and are just playing church.

It's really sad that people don't recognize that.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  622
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  57,286
  • Content Per Day:  7.57
  • Days Won:  280

Every experance engenders a chemical responce. it's more a matter of posessing the approperate coping skill to deal with a given issue.

if you know all about internal combustion engines, then a roadside breakdown is no problem. If one is unfimilar with automotive repair, well then, yelling, crying and screaming avails little.

It's really a matter of education and charater developement. Possessing the proper tool to deal with the job.

Psychology is not an exact science, it's a phlisophy. Remember, it's Medial Arts not Medical Science.

That's why psychology books get discredited then rewritten. What's 'normal' today may become 'abnormal' tomorrow.

Psychology and Social Sciences are notoriously political. Remember your history or be doomed to repeat it.

Take a pill, instant gratification, victom mentaltity convientaly not responsable for poor choises.

There are those few who truely have a physical pathology, but the vast majority do not.

and btw, scripture delineates those who are sick and those who are demonically tormented. see: Matt8

Anyway, contempory society post modern beliefs.

I disagree that yelling and crying and screaming doesn't do any good. Women can get a lot of help by doing so...... Works for my daughter and wife.

and though I can overhaul engines and rebuild transmissions, I find a good primordial scream often clears the head and lets calmer sense prevail.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Why hide mental illness? We don't hide other illnesses.

And thats what it is, an illlness.

I have been there and done that. I never hide the fact, because I am a stronger person for it, and I know the danger signs now. I know how to avoid getting into that zone of depression and lack of self worth.

I use it to testify whenever I can.

It was through my wacky stage that Jesus called me.

Hide it? Nope. I flaunt it, because it is nothing to be ashamed of!

I have been there and done that. I never hide the fact, because I am a stronger person for it, and I know the danger signs now. I know how to avoid getting into that zone of depression and lack of self worth.

And therein lies the problem. Many people are ashamed of it. The ones who are afflicted with it and the ones who view it as a weakness. There's a stigma attached to mental illness and people need to get over that. Until mental illness is recognized as an actual physical ailment, that stigma will never go away.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

If we dont have that closeness we shouldnt be in ministry, and are just playing church.

It's really sad that people don't recognize that.

Sad too that so many say "Lord Lord" but are infact workers of iniquity, travelling over land and seas to make converts twice as lawless as themselves.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

on the other side of the coin we cant ignore the scientific evidence that shows genetics are involved

multiple studies have shown that at least one pair of genes are almost always present in people with bipolar and the like.

and of course environmental factors play a role in those faulty genes getting switched on or not.

i dont see why people find it so hard to accept diseases that affect ones personality

but if its any other disease that affects other parts of the body we have no problem supporting and loving them,

i mean the human brain is a flesh and blood organ and can get damaged just like the rest of the body.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

testify brother :emot-highfive: