• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  393
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/05/1959

Thanks for the update sister. I will continue to keep you in my prayers for a nice suitable home the Lord can bless you with. As for the spiders...... :crazy::runforhills::runforhills:

Me and my possessions would be gone gone gone.... :whistling:

Will pray sister. Be blessed and stay trusting in Him who knows best. Have fun in the new red car. :emot-wanttohug:

:whistling: it is blue

Grrrrr.... thought I read somewhere that said it was red..... :th_frusty::th_frusty:

ya are always catching me out lpt..... :red_smile:

good lpt keep me on my tootsies.... :whistling:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1986

Thanks for the update sister. I will continue to keep you in my prayers for a nice suitable home the Lord can bless you with. As for the spiders...... :crazy::runforhills::runforhills:

Will pray sister. Be blessed and stay trusting in Him who knows best. Have fun in the new red car. :emot-wanttohug:

Grrrrr.... thought I read somewhere that said it was red..... :th_frusty::th_frusty:

LPT is right, it is blue! Are you confusing me with my car?!

Thank you very much for the thoughts and prayers, I really do appreciate them. Things are getting back to normal work-wise, so I think it's only a matter of time before I return to my previous state, which will mean prayers will definitely be needed!

As for the spiders...currently I just freeze with my eyes widened in horror, and then wait until they have disappeared and spend the rest of the evening paranoid about where they may have got too! Not entirely sure I want to spend the summer in that state...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,932
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  232
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

:laugh: just remember that spiders in this country are harmless and keep away the flies that DO cause illness :thumbsup:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,227
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

There are things in spray cans that will rid your place of both the spiders and the flies......

Thank you very much for the thoughts and prayers, I really do appreciate them. Things are getting back to normal work-wise, so I think it's only a matter of time before I return to my previous state, which will mean prayers will definitely be needed!

As for the spiders...currently I just freeze with my eyes widened in horror, and then wait until they have disappeared and spend the rest of the evening paranoid about where they may have got too! Not entirely sure I want to spend the summer in that state...

Oooohhhh a very pretty car....and soooooo :cool:

maybe me did confuse it with your name.... :b:

seems we have the same reaction to spiders except I scream loud and long for help if someone else is in the house. Yesterday my sis was home and I just happened to glance at the ceiling and saw this big black spot. I screamed for her and she came a runnig. I told her there was a humungous spider and my ceiling so she came to the rescue. Turns out it was a moth..... :b: I didn't have my glasses on.... :blink: She laughed and chased the moth off. I was totally embarrased. I told her well it could have been a spider.... :huh: So sister to sister I understand your plight. Be blessed and I pray the Lord will give you a home free of spiders.... :whistling:

:laugh: just remember that spiders in this country are harmless and keep away the flies that DO cause illness :thumbsup:

I will use sticky fly strips on the flies thank you very much.... :b:

Spiders go away and bother Little Miss Muffet while she eats her porridge.... :whistling:

They may be harmless but that doesn't them freaking me out! Besides, we get flies in summer too! And beetles, and ladybirds and moths and....

There are things in spray cans that will rid your place of both the spiders and the flies......

Yes...but sadly, it's not just the spiders and the flies that bother me!

Oooohhhh a very pretty car....and soooooo :cool:

maybe me did confuse it with your name.... :b:

seems we have the same reaction to spiders except I scream loud and long for help if someone else is in the house. Yesterday my sis was home and I just happened to glance at the ceiling and saw this big black spot. I screamed for her and she came a runnig. I told her there was a humungous spider and my ceiling so she came to the rescue. Turns out it was a moth..... :b: I didn't have my glasses on.... :blink: She laughed and chased the moth off. I was totally embarrased. I told her well it could have been a spider.... :huh: So sister to sister I understand your plight. Be blessed and I pray the Lord will give you a home free of spiders.... :whistling:

He's even prettier now...they put a ceramic coat on and he's extra shiny! The colour is a lot nicer in real life too, photos don't do it justice!

I would look for someone else to rescue me from the spiders but 99% of the time I'm in the flat by myself! And I probably would have reacted the same way if I thought it was a spider too! If I see a spider I spend the rest of the evening thinking that pretty much anything I see out of the corner of my eye is another spider!

I imagine he is now a very handsome car..... :thumbsup: Still praying for you a new place.

The house I live in is hardwood floor throughout the home. No carpets at all. Wouldn't be so bad but it is the wood with the dark knots. So at night I am very careful that one of those knots isn't a big hairy spider. We get them very big here in the house. And my sight isn't great sooooooooo I roll up my pants and slip on slippers before I go traipsing through the house at night.... :whistling: I roll up my jammies cuz I don't want them scurrying up inside..... :blink: Which has been known to happen... :whistling: Then I wake the whole house with my screams.... :b::24:

I would be exactly the same!

I have to check my shoes etc before I put them on, just in case. Any bits of fluff or anything on the carpet always look like spiders to me! The first thing I do when I enter a room is look around for spiders, especially my bedroom and the bathroom. I haven't been able to use the lamp in my living room for the last two days because there is a spider dangling just in front of it....

And I do scream, but there's no one around to hear it!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

This is quite complicated so I'll try to give you a simplified version...hopefully it will make sense!

My flatmate's sister, Charlie, has to move out of her flat (her flatmate told her towards the end of last year that she had bought a house and was moving out - she hadn't even told Charlie that she'd been looking - and she hasn't found anyone to replace her yet, and she can't afford to stay there by herself) and someone suggested that my flatmate and I could find somewhere with Charlie.

I really like Charlie, so that wouldn't be a problem...except if I have to move out, I won't be able to afford to get a car. The area we are looking at moving to isn't too far away from where I am not, but it will be further away from a bus route - so I will have further to walk to get to the bus for work every morning, further to come back at night etc - and the buses are pretty terrible in the evenings, so I won't be able to do much in the evenings. My flatmate and Charlie both have partner's so they will not be around much in the evenings (and if they are around and want to watch a DVD or something, no doubt they will invite their partner's over and I really don't want to be hanging out with two couples!). They both have cars so they don't have to worry about such things.

I don't want to have to move, not if I can't have a car. I have no desire to spend every night by myself and I don't want to give up the freedom and independence having a car provides. But if I don't move, I'll be letting down my flatmate and Charlie.

Am I being selfish not wanting to move?

No, I don't think you are being selfish. I am lucky enough not to need a car where I live, the train station is less than a mile from my house, and there is no way I would want to move away from public transportation with the price of gas now.