• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

Has God's Omnipotence (lack of physical presence) made you a stronger Christian or a weaker one? We all know that God presents on physical or tangible evidence of his presence....We also know that God wants man to come to him with even the tiniest bit of faith as to gain knowledge and wisdom and trust in HIM...

My question is, "has knowing that and having to reveal what you DO know about God's existence in your life or in the world made you stronger and a better person as a whole or has it made you question your doubts and suspicions and/or God's existence?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

well as for me i believed there was a creator but i had no idea that i could ever know him on a " face to face" manner.

i always had a very analytical and show me first then I'll believe mindset. God knew that and what it would take to get my attention and one day completely unexpected i had a "road to Damascus experience" where the lord revealed himself to me and i am so grateful for him doing that.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  68
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

well as for me i believed there was a creator but i had no idea that i could ever know him on a " face to face" manner.

i always had a very analytical and show me first then I'll believe mindset. God knew that and what it would take to get my attention and one day completely unexpected i had a "road to Damascus experience" where the lord revealed himself to me and i am so grateful for him doing that.

There are many people who want that sort of experience but don't get it. Thats one of the main arguements i hear from people. Anectdotal evidence just isn't taken seriously.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Faith in God comes from God.....He will reveal Himself to those He chooses.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

There are many people who want that sort of experience but don't get it. Thats one of the main arguements i hear from people. Anectdotal evidence just isn't taken seriously.

Well, Paul didn't need to see God to believe in His existence (like Atheists).

Why I believe Jesus would have revealed Himself to Paul is because Paul loved God. He states in one letter that He was very zealous. That kind of zeal is born out of love. He truly thought he was wiping out idolatry, as commanded by Torah.

(Unlike the Sanhedrin, who were power-hungry.)

• Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  283
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1983

Well, Paul didn't need to see God to believe in His existence (like Atheists).

Why I believe Jesus would have revealed Himself to Paul is because Paul loved God. He states in one letter that He was very zealous. That kind of zeal is born out of love. He truly thought he was wiping out idolatry, as commanded by Torah.

(Unlike the Sanhedrin, who were power-hungry.)

Great Point, Nebula :thumbsup: !

To me, I really think God has reveal Himself though the nation of Israel. First He help to established it as a nation. Then twice in history He disporse it. The first time He disporse the two Kingdoms of Israeal and Judah for idoratry, Israel was conquer and disporse by the Assyrians, and Judah by Babylon. And seventy years after the Kingdom of Judah destruction they became a Kingdom again. Than because they rejected Jesus as Saviour this nation ceased to exist for nearly 2000 years. But God restore then as a nation about 60 years ago. I always think to myself how could a nation cease to exist for nearly 2000 years, but than become a nation again, only by the power of God.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

all i can say to that is to read what the bible says, after all most all what the apostles wrote and preached they got by a direct revelation from the lord...

god gave a promise that he will reveal himself to those that sincerely seek after him with a whole heart.

There are many people who want that sort of experience but don't get it. Thats one of the main arguments i hear from people. Anecdotal evidence just isn't taken seriously.

Seriously

And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13

God Isn't Fooled

For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged. Romans 3:3-4

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Good grief! If you want tangible evidence of God just pick up a bible!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  844
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  11

Good grief! If you want tangible evidence of God just pick up a bible!

This is circular reasoning. You need tangible evidence before you can believe the Bible.

God requires faith. There is no way to have tangible evidence of Him. If God had a tangible evidence, then

you would not be free to choose Him or reject Him.

I believe this now and I believed that when I was a Christian.

What would not be circular reasoning?