Guest Christopher

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

I must say bizarrely I've become a non believer since joining the site..my faith as such wasn't particularly devoted or ingrained. Discussions here just made me question everything. 

I'm troubled by some of what supposedly sanctioned including slaughtering women children and beasts. Stoning your children..women if they don't scream loud enough while being raped. Owning and beating other human beings as slaves in exodus etc. One continuous thread but there is clear sanctioned immorality here and lots of contradictions.

You say God used western nations to do that now? What is the evidence for divine involvement here beyond western governments acting of their own accord to stop the murdering and vile ISIS doctrine. If God was micro managing then why didn't he just stop the horrible stuff like ISIS in it's tracks before they were murdering innocent people.

I'd say not resistance... for me it's about reason and evidence as a pathway to truth. I could believe anything on faith right but what's the most reliable method.  If I saw evidence I'd believe again. 

Guest shiloh357
42 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

I must say bizarrely I've become a non believer since joining the site..my faith as such wasn't particularly devoted or ingrained. Discussions here just made me question everything. 

I'm troubled by some of what supposedly sanctioned including slaughtering women children and beasts. Stoning your children..women if they don't scream loud enough while being raped. Owning and beating other human beings as slaves in exodus etc. One continuous thread but there is clear sanctioned immorality here and lots of contradictions.

You say God used western nations to do that now? What is the evidence for divine involvement here beyond western governments acting of their own accord to stop the murdering and vile ISIS doctrine. If God was micro managing then why didn't he just stop the horrible stuff like ISIS in it's tracks before they were murdering innocent people.

I'd say not resistance... for me it's about reason and evidence as a pathway to truth. I could believe anything on faith right but what's the most reliable method.  If I saw evidence I'd believe again. 

Faith by nature is evidentiary, by nature.   True faith is not blind. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

On 05/07/2017 at 8:47 AM, Kevinb said:

It is warned that if you choose to rely on your IQ which is low, the same day you eat of it the same day you shall surely. No offence.

That said. Man's morality is tied on bodies, we count death of a body as the base of our morality. God base His morality on soul. He eliminate the Canaanites for Israel's survival to bring forward His salvation towards today's humans. He won't allow the already dead Canaanites to cause more souls to die due to the salvation message being blocked as a result of the casualty of the Jews. Raping is rare crime of the Jews, unlike western world. Daughters are seldom allowed to be alone in the wilderness. They are slaves in Egypt and have the custom of hiding their daughter, or else they will be taken unconditionally by their Egypt masters. More often, it is the girl who wish to meet her lover in a quiet place but then later her family will report a rape. That's why yelling is used to define whether it's actually a rape.

Why can't you just come up with such a reasonable answer. It's because you choose to rely on your limited knowledge/IQ instead of your faith in God. It's your own choice which leads you to see your own doom. Again, no offence, just trying to remind you what has been warned (or prophesied about your today's behaviour some thousands years ago).