• Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Opposition Parties Topple Canadian Government

Published March 25, 2011

| Associated Press

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/03/25/opposition-parties-topple-canadian-government/#ixzz1HfcSwgOG

Would the Canadians here care to comment? :noidea:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Days Won:  14

I cannot believe that we are going to the polls again!! A May election that is Federal then in October for a Provincial. Talk about ridiculous!!

Oh well - this is Canada!!

The Prime Minister has been handling the economy and the nation well - what we do not need is a coalition with the Bloq ( a Quebec only Party) which wants to separate from Canada, in the Triumvirate trying to run the country. This time I hope that the Conservatives do win a majority.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

So what's been going on that's been causing all this craziness?

(Note: We haven't heard anything about what is behind the current situation.)

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

I remember as a child (many moons ago) Quebec was trying to separate from the rest of Canada. My relatives in Quebec use to say they were loosing their identity as real Canadians and wanted to remain as they once were, French speaking and with their alliances the country started with. Is this the same today?

Today it is mostly the fact that the price quote for the new fighter planes to replace the current CF-18's is not the price that the opposition said it was also that the choice should have gone to an open bid not to the company that designed them and the same co. that the US purchased theirs from. Also the price for the new prisons to replace the old ones is not the correct price. The 'Liberal Party' is the one that chose the planes in a previous government chose that company and the 'Conservative Party' went along with it.

Basically they needed an excuse to bring the government down so that they could hope to form a coalition much the way the Brits are governing now.

O yes, Canada was not chosen to sit on the Security Council of the UN and the other parties are really ticked.

However, the Canadian is in charge of the NATO forces so they cannot say too much!! And on and on it goes - you have elections every 4 years we can have them when the other parties get together and vote a no confidence in the sitting party and we go to an election - 4 in 7 years at the cost of $300,000,000 for an election. And they claim that they are concerned about a waste of money on new jets.

The last time a government got a submarine - used - from the Brits and we spent a fortune upgrading - would have been cheaper to purchase a new one.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

Today it is mostly the fact that the price quote for the new fighter planes to replace the current CF-18's is not the price that the opposition said it was also that the choice should have gone to an open bid not to the company that designed them and the same co. that the US purchased theirs from. Also the price for the new prisons to replace the old ones is not the correct price. The 'Liberal Party' is the one that chose the planes in a previous government chose that company and the 'Conservative Party' went along with it.

Basically they needed an excuse to bring the government down so that they could hope to form a coalition much the way the Brits are governing now.

O yes, Canada was not chosen to sit on the Security Council of the UN and the other parties are really ticked.

However, the Canadian is in charge of the NATO forces so they cannot say too much!! And on and on it goes - you have elections every 4 years we can have them when the other parties get together and vote a no confidence in the sitting party and we go to an election - 4 in 7 years at the cost of $300,000,000 for an election. And they claim that they are concerned about a waste of money on new jets.

The last time a government got a submarine - used - from the Brits and we spent a fortune upgrading - would have been cheaper to purchase a new one.

Well, littlelambs, that just proves it. Canada's government does things much as our own......who knows why they do such things? I'm a little mad that Canada isn't sitting on the Security Council myself; they always pick countries that are abysmal failures. :noidea:

Well, littlelambs, that just proves it. Canada's government does things much as our own......who knows why they do such things? I'm a little mad that Canada isn't sitting on the Security Council myself; they always pick countries that are abysmal failures. :noidea:

Boy is that the truth thumbsup.gif- although what good is the UN anyway? What have they really accomplished ? it's more of a status symbol and the non christian countries always get their way anyway.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

What's really crazy is that Harper is still the popular party, and these 3 opposition parties get to join together and try and toss the reigning govt, even against the wishes of the majority of Canadians. I think most reasonable people are hoping for a conservative majority.

Boy is that the truth thumbsup.gif- although what good is the UN anyway? What have they really accomplished ? it's more of a status symbol and the non christian countries always get their way anyway.

Amen to that, sister.

What's really crazy is that Harper is still the popular party, and these 3 opposition parties get to join together and try and toss the reigning govt, even against the wishes of the majority of Canadians. I think most reasonable people are hoping for a conservative majority.

I really think Mr. Harper has been doing a pretty good job.....hopefully y'all will get your conservative majority. I always puzzle over the descriptions of Canadians as 'liberal'. I've known lots of Canadians, and have been to Canada several times as well, and I have yet to meet a Canadian who WASN'T conservative in actions and outlook. Maybe I'm just not meeting the liberal ones? :noidea: