Joshua-777

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  615
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

The disciples encountered the same kind of problem, and Jesus told them that this kind goes not out but by prayer and fasting. I would suggest you spend time preparing your hearts before attempting to cast the demon out.

Next time we encounter this I'm going to try to fast and pray before hand. There wasn't much warning to prepare for it this time.

You actually need to study the passage about prayer in fasting in its entire context to fully grasp what is going on.

16And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him.

17Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me.

18And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.

19Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?

20And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

21Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

Notice in VV 17 Jesus points out they are faithless.

In VV 20 Jesus plainly tells them they can not cast the devil out because of their unbelief.

VV21 refers back to VV20. The "kind" in VV21 is not kind of demon, it is kind of "unbelief." Unbelief goes out by prayer and fasting.

When un-belief is gone, the demon can be cast out.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  615
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

Praise report on this, I talked to Michael last night, and He was totaly fine, no attacks since! Praise the Lord. Keep him in prayer.

If you left a demon in him, Michael is not fine. The demon is laying low for a while. He will remanifest.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Praise report on this, I talked to Michael last night, and He was totaly fine, no attacks since! Praise the Lord. Keep him in prayer.

If you left a demon in him, Michael is not fine. The demon is laying low for a while. He will remanifest.

He just gave me a call, and it's remanifesting. Keep me in prayer, I'm going to meet up with him today.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Update. Our brother Michael is strengthened in the blood of Jesus, He's reclaiming power through the blood of the lamb. My friends, my wife, and I went over to his house and God really came through. Peace filled the room, and He had peace at the end. Right now he's still in a battle but he has found his strength for the battle in Jesus. I talked to him today and he said he was doing alot better, The Lord put on my heart to talk about growing his Spirit man through prayer, and God's word. So I encouraged him. Keep him in prayer.

I learned alot about deliverence today, a lady at my church at the end of worship started screaming out, and everyone started praying over her, she was delivered from many demons. One of the ladies that was praying for her said that deliverence is a process and many times if the demon wont go out it's not because the person praying but the person being delivered wont let go, wether by fear, anger, unforgiveness etc. Also, when they're ready to come out, they will start manifesting and trying to make a scene.

• 5 weeks later...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  780
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1983

Coming from a very Catholic, Church of England background I find this entire discussion very troubling. While I disagree with the Roman Church on some very important points of doctrine, they're right when they say that this kind of amateur exorcism is very dangerous.

The mention of the lady at church, who was apparently oppressed by "many demons" is particularly worrying, and typical of this kind of zealous belief. Everything I've read and studied on exorcism and possession suggests that the notion of "many demons" possessing a person is misguided, and the random screaming out in church and the prayer over the victim typical of the whole mania. If this women is genuinely under demonic attack she needs the help of a properly trained and authorised exorcist, not mass hysteria.

The same goes for this man Michael. While the prayers and support of those who love him are essential to his deliverance, he needs a properly trained and authorised exorcist, to first discern the truth of his condition, and then to begin the process of his deliverance. This is a journey his entire community of faith must travel with him, but always lead by the duly-appointed exorcist who has recieved authority from the bishop, not only in ordination to the priesthood, but in appointment to the office of exorcist and in specific permission to perform the solemn rite of exorcism in this case.

While I accept that not every church in the world is of the Catholic tradition, simple common sense tells us that the nature of demons is what it is, and does not change just because your church doesn't think it needs bishops or ordination. I would encourage Michael and everyone involved in this situation to find your local Anglican or Roman Catholic parish priest and ask for help in this matter. Even if you're of another demonination no decent minister will refuse to see you or help you. As well as seeking this help, I would suggest that Michael be encouraged to practice his faith at every opportunity, to take Communion especially and to study the Bible. If he feels it appropriate, saying the Rosary would also be helpful, and for those of you praying for him, saying the Rosary for him would be very effective. Many reports from Catholic exorcisms mention the specific intercession of the Blessed Virgin. I would also reccomend the Prayer to St. Michael, both as a powerful prayer against evil and doubly because this man is named after the great Archangel. St. Michael's intercession is also regularly mentioned by Catholic exorcists and is even called for in the Roman Ritual.

Above all, though, seek the help of your parish priest and referral to the properly-appointed exorcist.

I apologise if any find my tone superior or condemnatory. This issue is too important to mince words.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,116
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

It's been my experience that when the Holy Spirit leads us to remove a demon from a person, there is little to no real problem doing so. If people have trouble removing a spirit from a person, I'd question whether the Holy Spirit was behind the request to remove it.

It's one thing to remove a demonic spirit (especially one that a person has invited in), and it's a totally different thing to keep it away. Even if you send the demon away, unless the person is filled with the Holy Spirit, it will be most difficult to keep the dark spirit away. I've watched others involve themselves with such happenings and it seemed the demon left for a while pretty much to frustrate the people acting in behalf of the person being oppressed or posessed. I do not believe you can perminantly remove a demonic eneity from a person, or from tormenting a person who does not want to accept Jesus and does so without boundries.

Also to add to the confusion of this kind of thing, there are real mental problems that manifest themselves in the same ways, and you can actually damage a person who is mentally ill by trying to exorcise them. If a simple come out of him does not end the matter, then either the person who has the problem does not really want it to go away, is just nuts, or you yourself have a spiritual problem that only fasting and prayer will overcome.

So, long story short, check the mental condition of the person you're going to try and help, and for everyone's protection make sure you are fasted and prayed up before you even think about a real spiritual fight. Just remember that if the Holy Spirit is the one behind the request, there is no real fight from the demon...... if not, then you'd better be sure you're ready for such a thing, and never unless the person involved is actually seaking the Lord. Just wanting to get rid of a demon is not enough. They must be seaking the Lord or it will not be perminant.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  780
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1983

There are tests that are use by exorcists to discern true demonic involvement from mental illness, and it should be stressed that a properly trained and authorised exorcist will only be involved after all medical avenues have been explored and found useless.

Freely Received - Freely Give

Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give. Matthew 10:8

Coming from a very Catholic, Church of England background I find this entire discussion very troubling. While I disagree with the Roman Church on some very important points of doctrine, they're right when they say that this kind of amateur exorcism is very dangerous.

The mention of the lady at church, who was apparently oppressed by "many demons" is particularly worrying, and typical of this kind of zealous belief. Everything I've read and studied on exorcism and possession suggests that the notion of "many demons" possessing a person is misguided, and the random screaming out in church and the prayer over the victim typical of the whole mania. If this women is genuinely under demonic attack she needs the help of a properly trained and authorized exorcist, not mass hysteria.

.... I apologise if any find my tone superior or condemnatory. This issue is too important to mince words.

Sometimes I Too Think That Not Mincing Words

And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.

Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?

And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting. Matthew 17:18-21

Over Professionally Certified Exorcists

And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,

Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.

But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.

Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.

Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.

For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.

Then answered Simon, and said, Pray ye to the Lord for me, that none of these things which ye have spoken come upon me. Acts 8:18-24

Maybe Desired

Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.

And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.

And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?

And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded. Acts 19:13-16

Yes?

Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts. Zechariah 4:6

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Psalms 51:11

Love, Your Brother Joe