nebula

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

One of the reasons I'm glad I don't have children - I don't have to decide what to do about "Easter."

I mean, decorating eggs and egg hunting and creating Easter baskets are fun!

:(

Yes - it is fun. My children celebrated the Resurrection of our living Savior... they also ate some chocolate and decorated an egg or two and hid them... I don't believe they were scarred by this nor did we worship a giant bunny or jelly beans. I remember it being a happy time.... they are grown now and they tell me they were not confused by dying eggs...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

also she does not know math, they are not Spheres they are eggs... LOL Spring eggs, not spheres.

Well that might be from your view point..... if you look from the end it looks like a sphere, from the side an oval. It's only an egg when you look in 3d :whistling:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

I'm more offended she doesn't know her ellipsoids from her spheres :laugh:

I knew I could rely on you for the proper math term!

I only wish that all churches would remove all these things from their congregations! I know more than a few churches who are doing a sunrise service and then going out and having a great big easter egg hunt with the kids while the moms go and prepare a pancake breakfast.

It's wrong for kids to have fun? The children don't know it's origins and they are just having a big time. They are not worshipping mother earth and they are not doing anything wrong. I think it's kind of pointless, but I am not ready to take the next step and try to vilify it and ban it. It's another futile effort to brand something pagan when it isn't.

Well it is both but the issue here is a secular lady trying to get rid of a "Christianm" holiday that is actually a crossbred holiday much like Christmas

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  10

I only wish that all churches would remove all these things from their congregations! I know more than a few churches who are doing a sunrise service and then going out and having a great big easter egg hunt with the kids while the moms go and prepare a pancake breakfast.

It's wrong for kids to have fun? The children don't know it's origins and they are just having a big time. They are not worshipping mother earth and they are not doing anything wrong. I think it's kind of pointless, but I am not ready to take the next step and try to vilify it and ban it. It's another futile effort to brand something pagan when it isn't.

I'm not going to get into a debate if easter is pagan or not, just way too many of those threads here already. Also I am not going to label anyone with any pagan anything. Personally I see biblically its not what Messiah did, nor did the apostles so that shows me keep the things He did and try my best not to mix things together. But honestly theres no religion, not one, that does not add and subtract when it comes to traditions. My family likes to keep things simple, we keep the Feasts of God as best we can and others can do as they wish. Yet if Messiah says not to mix the holy with the profane, so today eggs are seen as harmless with no real attachment to the original deities or practices but still rooted in something scriptures tell us we are not to participate in. Sunrise services to honor our risen Messiah?, theres not a thing wrong with that really, and how pagan can a person be who is in awe of what Yeshua has done for them and everyone of us?

shalom,

Mizz

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Wow, we got to a week before easter before we had the 'egg' debate. I'm having an easter egg hunt with my 2 year old, she will love it. So sue me. She gets Jesus 365 days a year, one day of foil wrapped chocolate fun isn't going to steer her away from the constant influence of the gospel in my home.

Wow, we got to a week before easter before we had the 'egg' debate. I'm having an easter egg hunt with my 2 year old, she will love it. So sue me. She gets Jesus 365 days a year, one day of foil wrapped chocolate fun isn't going to steer her away from the constant influence of the gospel in my home.

Amen.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Well that would be between you and God. Doesn't bother me if you let your kids do pagan things.... i really don't know the depths of the mind of God so i really don't know if it offends Him or not. I'll let you know if He should tap me on the sholder and enlighten me on the subject.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Well that would be between you and God. Doesn't bother me if you let your kids do pagan things.... i really don't know the depths of the mind of God so i really don't know if it offends Him or not. I'll let you know if He should tap me on the sholder and enlighten me on the subject.

If I were teaching her about a pagan fertility goddess, there would be a problem. But I'm not. Easter has now been divorced from that initial impetus. Now it's just foil wrapped eggs, nothing more. There really isn't anything pagan about it; I eat foil wrapped chocolate all year round (which, evidently, is why I am so round :laugh:).

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Hey - I didn't post this to get into an "Easter" debate. I posted this for the laughter of the issue.

Can we please keep it that way?