• Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Spring Spheres? Teacher Renames 'Easter Eggs'

CBNNews.com

Thursday, April 14, 2011

6 Comment(s)

Ad Feedback

A third grade teacher in Seattle, Wash., has renamed Easter eggs to make them less offensive, according to a student volunteer at her school.

In a phone interview with Seattle's KIRO Radio, 16-year-old Jessica said she was stunned after being told by the teacher to call the plastic Easter eggs she gave to students "spring spheres."

Jessica declined to give her full name or name the school and teacher in question.

"At the end of the week I had an idea to fill little plastic eggs with treats and jelly beans and other candy, but I was kind of unsure how the teacher would feel about that," she recalled.

Full report

:35: Someone tell that teacher what the word "Easter" actually means and where it comes from!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

CBNNews.com

Thursday, April 14, 2011

6 Comment(s)

Ad Feedback

A third grade teacher in Seattle, Wash., has renamed Easter eggs to make them less offensive, according to a student volunteer at her school.

In a phone interview with Seattle's KIRO Radio, 16-year-old Jessica said she was stunned after being told by the teacher to call the plastic Easter eggs she gave to students "spring spheres."

Jessica declined to give her full name or name the school and teacher in question.

"At the end of the week I had an idea to fill little plastic eggs with treats and jelly beans and other candy, but I was kind of unsure how the teacher would feel about that," she recalled.

Full report

:35: Someone tell that teacher what the word "Easter" actually means and where it comes from!

That teacher needs to go back to school.....she thinks she struck a blow at Christianity but, as most believers know, 'Easter' is derived from the pagan fertility goddess Astarte and 'easter eggs' are associated with her, not Jesus. The Resurrection is completely removed from easter eggs, bunnies and silly goddesses. I wonder if the ACLU knows that this teacher is forbidding the observation of a (gasp!) pagan holiday and offending countless worshippers of Mother Earth?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

also she does not know math, they are not Spheres they are eggs... LOL Spring eggs, not spheres.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870

also she does not know math, they are not Spheres they are eggs... LOL Spring eggs, not spheres.

I was thinking that, too! :laugh:

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Someone should ask her how many spheres she had for breakfast this morning.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I'm more offended she doesn't know her ellipsoids from her spheres :laugh:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  10

CBNNews.com

Thursday, April 14, 2011

6 Comment(s)

Ad Feedback

Full report

That teacher needs to go back to school.....she thinks she struck a blow at Christianity but, as most believers know, 'Easter' is derived from the pagan fertility goddess Astarte and 'easter eggs' are associated with her, not Jesus. The Resurrection is completely removed from easter eggs, bunnies and silly goddesses. I wonder if the ACLU knows that this teacher is forbidding the observation of a (gasp!) pagan holiday and offending countless worshippers of Mother Earth?

I only wish that all churches would remove all these things from their congregations! I know more than a few churches who are doing a sunrise service and then going out and having a great big easter egg hunt with the kids while the moms go and prepare a pancake breakfast.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

CBNNews.com

Thursday, April 14, 2011

6 Comment(s)

Ad Feedback

Full report

Yeah - I think she has spring spheres on her face..... :blink:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870

One of the reasons I'm glad I don't have children - I don't have to decide what to do about "Easter."

I mean, decorating eggs and egg hunting and creating Easter baskets are fun!

:(