• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

5 Things That Will Happen To You When America Goes Bankrupt

1) Your life savings could be reduced to nothing almost overnight. Inflation is a fact of life. As Thomas Sowell has noted, "As of 1998, a $100 bill would not buy as much as a $20 bill would buy in the 1960's." That's under normal circumstances.

However, the thing governments have traditionally done when they simply can't pay their debts is print more money. The problem with this is the further you expand the money supply, the less the money you already have on hand is worth. This can wipe out the savings of a lifetime in a relatively short period. Imagine spending billions of dollars just to buy a loaf of bread. Sound far-fetched? Well, guess what? That has happened in the Weimar Republic, which was crushed under debts from WWI and decided to pay it off by printing more money. It could happen here, too, and all the money you've scrimped and saved could become worthless in a short order.

2) Your taxes will skyrocket. We've been conned into thinking that we can fund a massive government on the backs of the rich. This is simply not so. It's not working today and it's not going to happen in the future. We cannot tax the rich enough to pay off our debt or even enough to keep the government going long-term. Even if we could, the rich have the resources to flee the country for greener pastures if they're being taxed into oblivion. The middle class? Not so much.

What that means is the more desperate the government gets, the more the average American is going to be hammered with new taxes. How much more of your income can you afford to send overseas to pay China for the money they've loaned us to keep PBS, Planned Parenthood, and the National Endowment of the Arts going? What about if the country goes bankrupt and your income tax rate shoots up fifty percent? How are you going to pay your mortgage? How are you going to feed your kids? When the government runs out of cash and it can't borrow any more money, then it will start leveling massive taxes on the American people.

3) Your life could be in danger. If the government goes bankrupt, you'll have an extremely angry, confused, and frustrated populace that has little faith in its leaders -- combined with a horrific economy and a reduced ability of the government to keep order. Under those circumstances, widespread rioting and violent crime seem entirely plausible.

When Argentina had its crisis, violence went up 142% and "young men began looting supermarkets."

Here's some of what happened during the German hyperinflation of the currency in Weimar Republic after it started printing money night and day,

The flight from currency that had begun with the buying of diamonds, gold, country houses, and antiques now extended to minor and almost useless items -- bric-a-brac, soap, hairpins. The law-abiding country crumbled into petty thievery. Copper pipes and brass armatures weren't safe. Gasoline was siphoned from cars. People bought things they didn't need and used them to barter -- a pair of shoes for a shirt, some crockery for coffee. Berlin had a "witches' Sabbath" atmosphere. Prostitutes of both sexes roamed the streets. Cocaine was the fashionable drug.

4) Your payments from the government will dramatically decrease or stop altogether. Contrary to what some people believe, Medicare and Social Security are paid out of the same fund that pays for everything else. In other words, if the government goes bankrupt, there is no money set aside to pay for these programs. So, if you're receiving Social Security, Medicare, welfare, food stamps, or any other similar programs, those checks could stop or be slashed down to nothing. That seems unthinkable to people, but if the government doesn't have any money, then it can't pay it out to people. As they say, "You can't get blood out of a turnip."

5) You will have a dramatically reduced standard of living. If taxes and inflation escalate dramatically, both of which are very likely if we go bankrupt, economic activity will slow to a crawl and we'll go into a depression. We're not talking about a "This is the worst economy since the Depression" situation that we hear every time there's a mild downturn in the economy; we're talking about a REAL depression. Businesses will close left and right, the stock market will tank, unemployment will soar to heights not seen since the thirties, and the government won't be in a position to help very much.

If that happens in a country like America, where people have been so prosperous for so long, it's going to produce utter misery. It's not a lot of fun to be poor under the best of circumstances, but it's much worse to go from having a comfortable life with a bright future to growing vegetables to eat in the backyard and wondering how you're going to keep warm in the winter.

Full Story Here

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

Whoa- :o

Thanks for the heads up. I don't follow the news on TV, so I appreciate reading it here.

Personally, things have been bad the past 9 months. If things went bad at the same time nationally it'd be pretty surreal.

It's not a lot of fun to be poor under the best of circumstances, but it's much worse to go from having a comfortable life with a bright future to growing vegetables to eat in the backyard and wondering how you're going to keep warm in the winter.

There are those of us who don't even have the option to grow our own food because we don't (and can't) own a house. Don't forget about all the other folks who will loose their homes, too. Large groups of hungry people roaming the countryside is not a pleasant thought.

Whoa- :o

Thanks for the heads up. I don't follow the news on TV, so I appreciate reading it here.

Personally, things have been bad the past 9 months. If things went bad at the same time nationally it'd be pretty surreal.

All the more reason to at least follow the news on the 'net while you can. You can be blindsided all to easily if you do not. Things are changing rapidly in the world right now, and they are not changing for the better.

Either

Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.

For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh; but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land and not inhabited. Jeremiah 17:5-6

Or

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.

For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit. Jeremiah 17:7-8

There Is

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

As the partridge sitteth on eggs, and hatcheth them not; so he that getteth riches, and not by right, shall leave them in the midst of his days, and at his end shall be a fool. Jeremiah 17:9-11

Only One Door

Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. John 10:7-9

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  910
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,667
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  9

Phooey.

Heard it all before.

Each time they used this fear tactic to push through legislation or "treaties" like NAFTA and GATT or to take free speech out of schools (in the form of prayer or Bible reading or speaking of anything Christian publicly).

It's just another round of population mind control. Get the cattle to board the trailers bound for the slaughter house kind of stuff.

A tactic as old as the hills.

Now that the greedy class has figured out their wiping out of the middle class (the bearer of the brunt of the tax burden) puts the tax burden on them... well, now it's time to be concerned about runaway spending (which suited them well in the 80's, 90's, and in the recent bail out)... now that we have a nation of unemployed / under employed citizens and an economy that desperately needs a jump start...

Threats of bankruptcy and worse are just ploys to get us to climb into the nice trailer provided for our excursion to...

One thing I have learned having been in the "conservative" movement in the Church for thirty (plus) years is that the Church is quite often the puppet of the greedy class. I am not begrudging or demonizing wealth, but rather wealth by fraud or at the expense of others to simply be able to make a living.

It is usually at this point (over the past thirty years) that I am written off as just a conspiracy theory anarchist... but, people, look around you... look at how America and nations that followed suit have been ravaged (I would say raped) of it's moral underpinnings, of its health and prosperity to the general populace, and of its ability to educate, manufacture and produce , and compete in the world marketplace.

America is like the beached whale to be fed on by the scavengers.

And we in the Church who were so easily duped by those cutthroat purveyors of greed; wolves in sheeps clothing, who draped themselves in the American flag and the Christian banner... who got us to vote against the welfare of our own selves, family, and nation... fooling clergy and laity alike...

Making us wonder if Mystery Babylon who prostituted herself with these merchants who made vast profits (Revelation 19:9-19) and hoarded wealth in the last days:

James 5:1-6 (NIV)

1 Now listen, you rich people, weep and wail because of the misery that is coming upon you.

2 Your wealth has rotted, and moths have eaten your clothes.

3 Your gold and silver are corroded. Their corrosion will testify against you and eat your flesh like fire. You have hoarded wealth in the last days.

4 Look! The wages you failed to pay the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord Almighty.

5 You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves in the day of slaughter.

6 You have condemned and murdered innocent men, who were not opposing you.

And now they dare cry foul...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  910
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,667
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  9

I often wondered how the end would come, what it would be like. Hollywood dresses up such scenarios with soaring musical scores of intensity and earthquakes in every city and one detrimental event at one instant...

The Bible paints another scenario, one of increasingly devolving circumstances over time and below the threshold of human desensitization... think not? How else could a German Chancellor woo a population into believing it is so superior that it could conscientiously function normally while it committed genocide to other races?

Jesus said as in the times of Noah people will be marrying and being given in marriage up to the very hour...

Today we would say something like, people will be ignorant of how desperate their conditions actually are, planning for a future that will not come, occupying themselves with the daily routine, celebrating every victory whether in marriage, divorce, child custody, legislative freedoms for perversions, the building up of greed in business and sports and the hero worship of the same and those who throw widows and orphans out in the snow... all dressed up on news shows and video magazines hosted by impudent males and over exposed females with faces painted like Jezebel in defiance of a holy God...

I used to wonder how Wormwood would come and go... Chernobyl (Wormwood in Russian)... and now Fukushima (island of good fortune).

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,309
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Phooey.

Heard it all before.

Each time they used this fear tactic to push through legislation or "treaties" like NAFTA and GATT or to take free speech out of schools (in the form of prayer or Bible reading or speaking of anything Christian publicly).

It's just another round of population mind control. Get the cattle to board the trailers bound for the slaughter house kind of stuff.

A tactic as old as the hills.

True but I spent summers on both of my grandparents farms, and when the cows don't move like they are supposed to we stick en with that 95,000 volt cattle prod..... gets their attention every time...... Don't know what they will do to us, but most likely the OP is a good start. They may not crash the economy or do more terrorist attacks if they don't have to...... until they are ready to depopulate the planet.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,309
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Jesus said as in the times of Noah people will be marrying and being given in marriage up to the very hour...

Do you think it stops at just getting married and having kids, or does the "as in the days of Noah" carry out to the rest of the things that were going on just before the flood???

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,924
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

It is probably a safe assumption that the majority of people on Worthy live in the US, and most were born here. That being said, we Americans probably shouldn't look at the current political troubles in the US and say that it proves we're living in the "end times". Even though we are living through and will be seeing the end of an empire (and all the upheaval that entails), it is not a unique event in recorded history.

Empires, after all, rise and fall.

Though I personally believe that we ARE living in the end times, I do not discount the possibility that I will die of old age (and not be alive to witness the return of Christ.)

I believe it was by God's design that He wants His people to always be "looking up". Even first century Christians thought they were living in the end times.

Blessings!

-Ed