• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

I often wondered what the purpose of a millennium serves anyway?

I have heard opinions (like a second chance for unbelieving Jews), but never any real scripture to back it up (other than there will be a millennium).

You mean your Bible does not have Revelation in it?

Perhaps the binding is broken and that book fell out. . .

Try reading Revelation chapter 20. . .

That "thousand years" (which simply means in Greek an unspecified long period of time akin to our exaggeration "not in a million years..." ) could simply be the past 2000 years (i.e. the Church era the era of grace).

But thank you for the snide attitude just the same.

i understand your theory but as to the other, you gotta admit it was kinda funny. :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

What is the purpose of the Millennial Temple with the sacrifices as described Ezekiel chapters 40-48?

At most the temple will be where Jesus sits and receives worship of us. The sacrifices he will do away with since they were to only serve to point the way to him. The law was to serve as our schoolmaster until Christ came. When he came and fulfilled certain prophecies, like the sacrifices of sin offering, they were to be no longer observed. If any sacrifices were going to take place in the millenial temple, they would be considered idolatry.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

What is the purpose of the Millennial Temple with the sacrifices as described Ezekiel chapters 40-48?

At most the temple will be where Jesus sits and receives worship of us. The sacrifices he will do away with since they were to only serve to point the way to him. The law was to serve as our schoolmaster until Christ came. When he came and fulfilled certain prophecies, like the sacrifices of sin offering, they were to be no longer observed. If any sacrifices were going to take place in the millenial temple, they would be considered idolatry.

How sure are you that the Temple in Ezekiel will not include sacrifices bro? :blink:

The Offerings

18And He said to me,

• 3 months later...

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  10

The Bride will not go through the great Tribulation.Winter time is great tribulation for birds, plants and Humans, but just before winter time, a HARVEST OF THE GRAIN TAKES PLACE.The Natural proves the Spiritual..Exodus 4;19,26..But notice in verse 24 that the Lord sought to Kill Moses as He met him at the Inn. He did not want his wife to be in the great Tribulation...In Exodus 18;1, 2 states as Moses sent her back...See that? So Her Father brought The wife if Moses to Him, and Moses told her and her father how God delivered Israel from Egypt. See that?..Also Joseph is a perfect type of Christ, as he was sold for money, and in prison he told dreams to 2 and one was killed and one was saved.On the Cross the prison of Christ, one thief died and one was saved. When Joseph ascended to the Throne, every where He went, they blew the trumpet and said, Joseph is coming, Bow the Knee...Just like Christ's day. When Joseph ascended to the throne, he stored up grain for 7 years of famine, and when Christ ascended to the Throne, He through John wrote 7 letters to the Gentiles for their 7 Church ages, as He wrote the letters to the 7 Messengers of each age. Remember Israel did not get any Gospel for those 7 Gentile church ages, as they were in the famine for them. When the Kinfolks of Joseph came for food the first time, they did not recognize him, but the second time they did, but His wife was already in the Castle, typing the Rapture had already happened when Israel see Christ the second time... I love to prove all things by the Word, Fonnyull.

The reason God sought to kill Moses was because he did not circumcise his son. The feast of God are all within argicultural settings which also are shadows of things to come, the harvet of the wheat and tares, etc. In Gods feasts we see the death, burial and resurrection, as well as the coming of the Messiah that separates the wicked from the righteous. Just as God brought those before us through trials and tribualtions He will bring His bride through the refining fire and purge her of all transgression and give her a clean white robe. Yes God allows us to go through these things so we can learn to rely upon Him in all circumstances both good and bad.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

According to Eze. 40-48, which is prophecy, there will be a temple built in the millennial reign. Some believe it will rebuilt before He returns and that may be true yet I think if anything it will be finished when He returns. Ezekiel writes about the rebuilt temple where all will come and learn His truth and keep His feasts during the thousand years of His earthly reign over mankind. The saints will teach those in the nations and help rule with Him during this time.

shalom,

Mizz

True. But the thing that puzzles me are the sacrifices that will be made in that millennial temple.

I don't have any scripture to back this up, but it seems that the sacrifices you are describing would be memorial in nature rather than to take away or cover sin, since Jesus is our sacrifice for sin. Other than that I have no idea. :noidea:

The scarifices that begin after the third temple is rebuilt is so Antichrist can desolate the temple according to scripture. It has never been desolated with all requriments of scripture, not even during 70 AD.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2

The millenial reign if( Big Bird is not mistaken) is not a central doctrine of the church.Isn't it an exegesis, upon which is drafted the possible; but not certain picture of propositional eschatology?So that said; the purpose Big Bird believes(for the millenial temple) is to show that in that before the believer is redeemed( on the day of the YHVH;) since we hope for the redemption; don"t see it; is to give us a sense things won't work out quite according to our preconceptions; nevertheless those preconceptions were all important for the Christian to work with?

Edited by big bird

• Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

Jesus speaking;

"So when you see the desolating sacrilege spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand), then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains; let him who is on the housetop not go down to take what is in his house; and let him who is in the field not turn back to take his mantle. And alas for those who are with child and for those who give suck in those days! Pray that your flight may not be in winter or on a sabbath. For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been from the beginning of the world until now, no, and never will be." (Matthew 24:15-21)

Also see 2 Thess. 2:1-4 and Rev. 11:1-2, this temple has a short life span as we see in Rev. 21:22,23

This does not explain why the sacrifice. I remember reading that whomever does this sacrifice must be evil, because Christ is the ultimate sacrifice. I have not come to any conclusion on this matter.

http://www.templemount.org/TM34.html

• Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Birthday:  02/02/1969

I think it is a really good question.. because some time ago, I had the same question.... the interesting part is that it looks like that the offering is coming back..

So, I am looking forward to the answers...:)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

That is a really great question and after some research on that, I believe that your question is one of the many questions that have no answer in scripture. However we will no the answer to your question when we in the 1000 years.

However the one thing that can be considered is that there will be humans like us still living during the 1000 years and it could be that salvation as we know it will not will not be available to them since Jesus will have already been sacrificed.

Just a thought.