• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

All right, I have a problem. A problem I can't get rid of. An addiction, really. I tell myself I need to stop, but the drive is too strong.

I like to squeeze oil out of my skin.

Problem is, it isn't just popping pimples, it isn't just releasing blackheads...I search my face for anything that might have oil built in there that I might squeeze out. And when I can't, I make a way for it to happen.

I know, it sounds crazy, but it's true. I don't know why I have this problem. All I know is that there is pleasure in the release of oil. It's even better when there's a pop. Go figure.

I've pleaded with the Lord for deliverance from this, but to no avail it seems. I had a friend who suggested a reasonable explanation for the root cause of my problem. But even in dealing with that issue, nothing changed. So what's the real issue here? What is my root problem? I haven't been able to figure it out.

Frustration.

I have another frustration: not being able to handle difficult people.

Today I was feeling all bent out of shape over a poster who is acting beyond difficult. Better sense was telling me to let him go, stop trying to reason or communicate with him, but yet that drive was still there to break through...something...with this person. And as I was mulling this over, why I couldn't let it go, a revelation came to me.

"I just got to pop this pimple!"

Now I don't know how much of that was me or the Holy Spirit, but it all made total sense.

I was approaching this poster, as I do with all debates, as an oil-filled sore that needs its oil to be squeezed out. And so I squeeze and squeeze and accidentally dig my nails in until the skin breaks, and I stick a needle in there trying to open up the core, and I probe and pinch, and when it scabs over I break open the scab to dig some more hoping this time I'll get it out, and on and on and on.

And in this revelation it became clear to me what my problem is - feeling helpless and out of control.

Practically my whole life growing up I was verbally abused by people - at home, at school, at church. I was the outcast, the weirdo, the bottom of the totem pole, the bottom of the pecking order, the doormat. For some reason, it seems, popping pimples and squeezing out oil became a pressure release for feeling out of control with regards to how people treated me.

So will realizing this finally bring an end to my obsession? I hope so.

Will it help me with relating better to those I'm frustrated with? I hope so.

I guess we'll see how things go.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

Gee Wiz! Hard to believe, but I don't know what to say. I always thought it was natural for people to pop pimples.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I always thought it was natural for people to pop pimples.

Not like me. I dig all over my face for oil.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  2

Practically my whole life growing up I was verbally abused by people - at home, at school, at church. I was the outcast, the weirdo, the bottom of the totem pole, the bottom of the pecking order, the doormat. For some reason, it seems, popping pimples and squeezing out oil became a pressure release for feeling out of control with regards to how people treated me.

"So those who are last now will be first then, and those who are first will be last." Matthew 20:16 NIV ;):)

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

I pick at my skin when I'm feeling anxious. Do you think it has something to do with anxiety?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,418
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

All right, I have a problem. A problem I can't get rid of. An addiction, really. I tell myself I need to stop, but the drive is too strong.

I like to squeeze oil out of my skin.

Problem is, it isn't just popping pimples, it isn't just releasing blackheads...I search my face for anything that might have oil built in there that I might squeeze out. And when I can't, I make a way for it to happen.

I know, it sounds crazy, but it's true. I don't know why I have this problem. All I know is that there is pleasure in the release of oil. It's even better when there's a pop. Go figure.

I've pleaded with the Lord for deliverance from this, but to no avail it seems. I had a friend who suggested a reasonable explanation for the root cause of my problem. But even in dealing with that issue, nothing changed. So what's the real issue here? What is my root problem? I haven't been able to figure it out.

Frustration.

I have another frustration: not being able to handle difficult people.

Today I was feeling all bent out of shape over a poster who is acting beyond difficult. Better sense was telling me to let him go, stop trying to reason or communicate with him, but yet that drive was still there to break through...something...with this person. And as I was mulling this over, why I couldn't let it go, a revelation came to me.

"I just got to pop this pimple!"

Now I don't know how much of that was me or the Holy Spirit, but it all made total sense.

I was approaching this poster, as I do with all debates, as an oil-filled sore that needs its oil to be squeezed out. And so I squeeze and squeeze and accidentally dig my nails in until the skin breaks, and I stick a needle in there trying to open up the core, and I probe and pinch, and when it scabs over I break open the scab to dig some more hoping this time I'll get it out, and on and on and on.

And in this revelation it became clear to me what my problem is - feeling helpless and out of control.

So will realizing this finally bring an end to my obsession? I hope so.

Will it help me with relating better to those I'm frustrated with? I hope so.

I guess we'll see how things go.

AAAAhhhh the rotting body with puss and ooze... It is a help not to love it so... to live within the witness of truth-> oh wait is that me rotting or is it? Love Steven

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

AAAAhhhh the rotting body with puss and ooze... It is a help not to love it so... to live within the witness of truth-> oh wait that me rotting or is it? Love Steven

:o

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,418
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

AAAAhhhh the rotting body with puss and ooze... It is a help not to love it so... to live within the witness of truth-> oh wait that me rotting or is it? Love Steven

:o

well go ten days without a bath and see if you don't agree with me :thumbsup: