• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I have seen and heard Christians disagree on many things, but usually scripture gives the answer and often you can discern the truth and realise that most disagreements occur because of true Christian interpretation competing against misguided or false Christian interpretation.

Never, however, have I seen as many disagreements between Christians occurring as when the subject of the rapture occurs. We have pre-trib, post-trib, mid-trib and even 'not at all'.

These opinions vary amongst people who are otherwise interpreting the Bible correctly and appear to have their salvation guaranteed, so what is it about the rapture that causes so much friction?

I am beginning to think that God knew that this would happen. Maybe he really does not want to us know when or if. When he declares that he will come like a thief in the night, what better way to ensure this by enabling all these different theories to flourish.

Pre-trib, post-trib, whatever?

Never have I been so confused about anything!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/08/1952

Those people who are watching for a Pre-Trib rapture will be waiting a very long time - even after the antichrist has arrived to deceive them.

I feel sorry for those people's souls. At least, they can't say that they haven't been warned. Oh Well.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,136
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

For those who are still here:  What will you do when ALL your ownership of assets (real estate, personal property, bank accounts) are frozen and then taken from you.  All you have are the clothes you are wearing.  Those who will have ownership of their possesions are those who receive the mark of the beast.  You will be sent into captivity.  Husband may go to Arab countries, Wife may go to China, Children may go to Russia, Europe, So. America.  Split families.

What value do you have?  Who will purchase you?  If one is on O2 or has other medical issues lop off their head, no value.  If one is in their 50's or above, lop off their head, no value.

But we can encourage each other with what Paul says in 1 Thes 4: 15-18.  The harpozo, the Rapture is coming, be ready for it.

Or one can get ready for their captivity.  Encourage each other with these words, for your time is approaching.

Which is a true encouragement?

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Those people who are watching for a Pre-Trib rapture will be waiting a very long time - even after the antichrist has arrived to deceive them.

I feel sorry for those people's souls. At least, they can't say that they haven't been warned. Oh Well.

The Body of Christ is not going to be deceived, but is going to be off enjoying the Wedding of the Lamb. Our souls are in the hands of Jesus Christ---very intact, indeed.

This is not a salvational issue, so your comments are only to serve the enemy in his condemnation of the righteous. Why do you help him?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  11/08/1952

Marv - That's the point. EVERYONE is going to be here.

Floatingaxe - You have it wrong. Pre-Tribbers have ALREADY been deceived by Satan and will continue to be as long as they believe that false doctrine.

Floatingaxe - You have it wrong. Pre-Tribbers have ALREADY been deceived by Satan and will continue to be as long as they believe that false doctrine.

That's merely a lie you choose to believe. As for me, I am not deceived, taking God's admonition seriously that I not allow anyone to deceive me.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Days Won:  4

That's merely a lie you choose to believe. As for me, I am not deceived, taking God's admonition seriously that I not allow anyone to deceive me.

And taking His admonition seriously to WATCH for His coming. This will be VERY difficult for posttribbers, since their belief is Jesus is NOT coming first.   lamad

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

I have a problem with Ice's imminency "theory" that he promotes as biblical truth:

As a pre-trib rapture teacher, Ice claims that Christ's return is imminent "meaning that it can occur at any moment." Theologian and pastor Norman MacPherson, in his excellent book "Triumph Through Tribulation" offers proof that the Bible has never taught an any-moment return of Christ; to name the points brought out, consider the following and one can easily see the imminency theory is full of holes:

1. Great Commission fulfillment implies a long period of time.
2. Seed growth in Matthew 13 is a time-consuming process.
3. Paul expected death, not rapture, in II Timothy 4:6-8.
4. Jesus predicted Peter's martyrdom in John 21:18-19.
5. Matthew 24 teaches that signs must come first.
6. Many passages speak of a large interval between Christ's ascension and return: Jewish dispersion into "all nations" (Luke 21); "man travelling into a far country," "after a long time the lord of those servants cometh" (Matthew 25).
7. Apostasy of last days takes time to develop.
8. Bridegroom tarried in parable of virgins.
9. Pastoral epistles teach Church's continuing ministry, which involves time.
10. Paul says Christ's coming is not imminent (II Thessalonians 2:1-3), for apostasy and Antichrist must come first.
11. View of seven phases of church history (seven churches of Revelation) involves big lapse of time and imminence difficulties for pre-tribs; could Christ have come before the last phase?
12. Exhortations to watch and be ready are tied to what pre-trib teachers regard as the second stage (which is necessarily non-imminent) in Matthew 24 and 25, I Corinthians 1:7, Colossians 3:4, I Thessalonians 3:13, II Thessalonians 1:7-10, I Peter 1:13 and 4:13, and I John 2:28.

Even Jesus puts forth the idea of imminence. He tells us to be ready, and teaches about the parable of the virgins---to be filled with the Spirit of God and ready for the Bridegroom. We all know there are certain prophetic events that must occur, but in the end, we must always be ready, just as men has been for 20 centuries since Jesus left the face of the earth with angels telling those watching that He will be back!

Even Jesus puts forth the idea of imminence. He tells us to be ready, and teaches about the parable of the virgins---to be filled with the Spirit of God and ready for the Bridegroom. We all know there are certain prophetic events that must occur, but in the end, we must always be ready, just as men has been for 20 centuries since Jesus left the face of the earth with angels telling those watching that He will be back!

Amen~!

He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. Revelation 22:20