IGNORED

Anyone know of a church that read the quran today?

ayin jade

Guest shiloh357

I had a former psychology professor who is a Palestinian and he was born and raised in Gaza city and even raised his own family there as Muslims. He came to the US to get away from the culture of terrorism. He still considers himself nominally Muslim. They are not observant, he eats pork and all that.

He told me that in Islamic tradition, the true Koran can only be read in Arabic. English translations of the Koran are not considered ti be the "Koran" and so quoting from Engish translations doesn't carry any weight with a traditional Muslim. He would not have to recognize your quote as being from the Koran.

Furthermore, they are not obligated to be truthful to you about what they really believe and are allowed by Islamic law to decieve you if necessary. That is what is happening in the world. The world has been sold a bill of goods about "the religion of peace" and been lulled into ignoring the bloodthirsty history of Islam and the violent life of Mohammad. The Muslims have also been able to get the world to ignore the despotic tyranny that exists in almost every Muslim country AND they also ignore the fact that Islamic nations typically have the worst human rights records in the world.

The world doesn't understand that you cannot separate religion and government in Islam. The lack of human rights, the rampant gender apartheid, honor killings, murdering anyone who converts to another religion, and others such things go unnoticed because the liberal community.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/23/1971

A few weeks ago I handed an article to my pastor about this day just to see what reaction it got - disgust, mouth drop open, eyes wide open, in shock and a head shake no!!! :)

The qur'an was not read in my church...........had it been, I would have got up and left never to return again............also, I would have handed my resignation in as secretary effective immediately!!!!

Blessings ,

Jane

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Confession time ...

I went to a church I thought might actually participate in this. I wanted to make a statement if it did.

Got me lol.

I was pleased to see that they did not participate in it, did not even mention it, had a service that pretty much was on target instead of waivering into iffy wofer doctrines like they sometimes have.

Jadey had wrong attitude in church sunday.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

I know that "chrislam" seems to be the new thing introduced and endorsed by Rick Warren. :thumbs_down:

As much as I dislike Warren he didn't endorse this, what he does endorse is dialogue between the two religions which is bad enough in my opinion. He in his emergent church wisdom think we all worship the same God and even has been heard to envoke the name Issa in his prayers. Before anyone says anything about 'Issa' being Jesus in Arabic, yes I know this but why use it knowing islam does not see Yeshua as the true Messiah.

Mizz

I don't think I'm talking about protecting myrself, I'm talking about helping others...

Helping them do what? See that the islam religion is one of hatred and lies? If they can't see that on the nightly news, how is teaching them the satanic verses gonna open their eyes?

If you want to help people, teach them the Word. If they are saturated with the truth, they will be able to see for themselves what the muslim religion really is without ever seeing or hearing what is in that book.

If one puts their trust in the Lord, He will never leave you stranded or unaware of what's going on around you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,262
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I don't think I'm talking about protecting myself, I'm talking about helping others...

Helping them do what? See that the Islam religion is one of hatred and lies? If they can't see that on the nightly news, how is teaching them the satanic verses gonna open their eyes?

If you want to help people, teach them the Word. If they are saturated with the truth, they will be able to see for themselves what the Muslim religion really is without ever seeing or hearing what is in that book.

If one puts their trust in the Lord, He will never leave you stranded or unaware of what's going on around you.

Man, what I hear on the news every day is that the things happening are just a bunch of radicals who have taken over the Islamic religion and do not represent actual Muslims or the teachings of Mohammad. I don't know that you are seeing and hearing, but what I hear on the news is very dangerous in that they do not reflect the true nature of Islam.

my wife takes your attitude concerning the Koran, and she won't read it either..... and she sees the news reporting that the atrocities being carried out are just radicals and not the true religion and we should accept them for what they are in this country..... and it will give them the chance to do here what has been done in Europe if we do nothing.

That's crazy man. So if you came face to face in a witnessing situation with a muslim, or someone who was trying to choose between Islam and Christianity, you don't think knowing the claims of Islam in order to refute them would be helpful? :noidea:

I think that knowing Scripture well enough to refute what they tell you the Koran says is more important than reading and knowing what the book actually says. You don't go out and read all the books on Buddha, or Cabala, or other religious writings in order to be able to refute what they claim makes their "religion" the correct one, do you? Of course not. You know what Scripture teaches, you know it is the Truth, and you know how to use It to witness. That's all you need, that's what Scripture tells us is all we need.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Man, what I hear on the news every day is that the things happening are just a bunch of radicals who have taken over the Islamic religion and do not represent actual Muslims or the teachings of Mohammad. I don't know that you are seeing and hearing, but what I hear on the news is very dangerous in that they do not reflect the true nature of Islam.

my wife takes your attitude concerning the Koran, and she won't read it either..... and she sees the news reporting that the atrocities being carried out are just radicals and not the true religion and we should accept them for what they are in this country..... and it will give them the chance to do here what has been done in Europe if we do nothing.

I'm like your wife - I couldn't stomach reading the thing.

However, I agree with what you are saying. I don't need to know what is in the Koran to know it's full of lies. However, with so many in this nation who regard Islam as a "peaceful" religion or hold it in regard, or think that the Muslim Brotherhood is group worth supporting or whatever, I consider it wise to instruct people on what the Koran contains and what it preaches and teaches.

Think about it - all these non-Muslims who hold regard for Islam aren't paying attention to what Islam is teaching to begin with, and if they learn it from a Muslim or Islam apologeticist they will receive the flowery version. Someone needs to show them what the heart of the beast (so to speak) is. If not us, who will?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I think that knowing Scripture well enough to refute what they tell you the Koran says is more important than reading and knowing what the book actually says. You don't go out and read all the books on Buddha, or Cabala, or other religious writings in order to be able to refute what they claim makes their "religion" the correct one, do you? Of course not. You know what Scripture teaches, you know it is the Truth, and you know how to use It to witness. That's all you need, that's what Scripture tells us is all we need.

Paul utilized the beliefs of the people he visited to point them to Jesus.

A lot of people need to hear their pre-conceived ideas and beliefs refuted before they are willing or able to accept an alternate position.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Paul utilized the beliefs of the people he visited to point them to Jesus.

A lot of people need to hear their pre-conceived ideas and beliefs refuted before they are willing or able to accept an alternate position.

:thumbsup:

Not everyone is called to apologetics like that, and not every Christian can handle reading other religions texts... but some people do gain benefit from reading / studying in this manner and I'm not going to chastise them for doing so.