• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Will anyone make a case from the Bible? I'm tired of man's "wisdom."

Acts 2:17

‘ And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,Your young men shall see visions,Your old men shall dream dreams.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

Matthew 8:5-13

And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him,

And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, and grieviously tormented.

And Jesus said unto him, I will come and heal him;

The centurion answered and said, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof; but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.

For i am a man under authority, having soldiers under me; and I say to this man, Go and he goeth; and to another, Come and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this and he doeth it.

When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said unto them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great a faith, no not in Isreal.

And I say unto you,That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and jacob in the kingdom of heaven

But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into utter darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the self same hour.

The centurion did not need to see first, he didnt need a sign to believe. Jesus said He had never seen so great a faith.

God is the same yesterday today and forever, how many of us are like the centurion, with that great of faith?

Blessings stacey c

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

So it's not that I've closed my mind to the possibility. In fact I was raised in a church that had faith in miracles. I used to believe in them. But since I've never seen a real miracle, believing or unbelieving, so I cannot believe, considering that I understand the Bible to teach differently.

Do you recall those places where Jesus could perform only a few or no miracles in? America and other Western nations are like these places. But there are signs things are changing.

Would you believe me if I told you the Lord healed me of scoliosis? My brother, his future wife, and I were watching a worship service over the internet where people were praying over each other, and so we started praying over each other too. My brother started praying over my back - commanding it to be straightened. Long story short, my spine is now straight, I gained back the inch of height I had lost, and I and others were able to noticeably see that my neck was a bit longer.

But if you want to see[/i ] a miracle, click here.

The upper video shows the progression of a woman who had been paralyzed from the waist down after an auto accident 22 years ago (from the date of the service, Aug. 2010) - no feeling nor movement. But as she is being prayed over, she begins to have feeling in her legs, and after further prayer she begins to stand! Although the Lord didn't heal her muscle atrophy (why it is a struggle for her to stand and to walk), he did heal her spinal cord and nerves!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

I've checked the record of the above claim and I think, that even Thomas himself would believe.

Joh 20:24 Now Thomas (called Didymus), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came.

Joh 20:25 So the other disciples told him, "We have seen the Lord!" But he said to them, "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe it."

Joh 20:26 A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!"

Joh 20:27 Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe."

Joh 20:28 Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"

Dennis

Guest Kasey777

I believe that God does heal today, that said I also realize that He does not heal everyone who wants healing. Personally, I would not be angry with your friend who is in Hospice. She has left the matter in the hands of God and she is probably ready to move on.

Her decision speaks volumes to her maturity and wisdom in the things of God...she has chosen wisely. Remember Mary and Martha? Mary wanted to be sitting at the feet of Jesus listening to His every word,....while Martha was consumed with the concerns of this life. Jesus said that Mary had made the right choice....

There comes a time in everyone's life when we must be willing to give up our life...when we know we have done all we can and we look eagerlly to going to our "real" home.

Your friends deserves your honor and respect and most of all your love.

Blessings,

Kasey

I have a great friend, 67 years old. She is a godly woman. I count on her for support and prayers . 5 years ago she was diagnosed with kidney disease. She is not a candidate for transplant. Today she has 15% of her kidney funtions, what qualifies her for the diagnose of end stage renal disease . Since she absolutely refuses dialysis she was put in hospice services. Let me tell you, it has been very difficult for me to respect her decision. Her argument is that if God wants her to live he will heal her kidneys if not it is because her time has come. I think that she believes that God will cure her. I don't want to go into questioning her decision, she is surrounded by bible based christian people and I know that they have discussed it with her . Some how I don't believe that today our God do miracles. I would love to change my thinking. What do you think?

Lori

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

If we have full faith in what the Scriptures say, and do not lean on our own understanding (Proverbs 3:5), and do not allow ourselves to be led away by deceptions (that is to say, if the Bible is contradicted in a matter of theology, the Bible is right, and someone else a deceiver), then I would have to say that miracles are not performed today.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  415
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/02/1945

No, God does not still perform miracles today.

Why?

There were two purposes for miracles in the first century. One, to cause men to believe (John 14:11), and two, to confirm the words that the apostles spoke and preached through the Holy Spirit (Mark 16:20).

The reason that the apostles needed to confirm the words they preached were because they were preaching something new, and they had to provide evidence that it was from God.

Paul, through the Holy Spirit, spoke of a time when there would no longer be a need for miracles to confirm the Word, because the Word would be complete. 1 Corinthians 13:8-10- says:

"Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.

For we know in part and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect shall come, that which is in part will be done away.

Notice at the end of verse 10, where it says "that which is in part shall be done away." What is in part? Knowledge and prophecy, according to verse 9. So, after that which is perfect has come, knowledge will be complete. The word "perfect" there, means complete, as in bringing something to completion. That which is perfect, or "complete" would obviously be the revealed knowledge of that which they "prophesy in part" about. The word of God, the teachings of the Holy Spirit.

Remember, the purpose of miracles was to confirm the Word that was being taught, because it was new. But when that Word has been completed, and has already been proven by the miraculous signs, what other use is there for miracles? There is none. Therefore, God no longer needs to use miracles to establish belief in lost souls, because His completed gospel is the power unto salvation (Romans 1:16), and the inspired Word of God is profitable for doctrine (2 Timothy 3:16).

Basically, miracles do not occur today.

This is a lie straight from hell. I witnessed a miracle with my own eyes and it scared me. I saw it but could scarcely believe it. People live in a fallen world, they need miracles more than ever. I hope you don't ever need a miracle since you don't believe in them.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I started this tread last year, June or July, here is an update :

my friend was discharged form hospice on November, as per guidelines she should have die before that. I did not see her for many months, her family kind of kept everybody away. I was afrai to call again and be told that she was gone. She called me 2 wks ago, I just sat on my car and run to see her, I did miss her a lot. She looks so good. I don't know if her kidneys are functioning well but she is not retaining fluids. Some of you know that I am an RN, I did a head to toe nurses exam on her. She is doing soooooo well. She is living on overtime,lol. Thanks for those who prayed, and YES GOD DO STILL PERFORMS MIRACLES.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,654
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Yes God does still do miracles. Today as I was taking an unusually late lunch at work and reading my Bible God spared my beloved in a near collision on the road (@ 3:30 PM to be exact). My wife still doesn't know how she wasn't hit broadside by some one who was on their cell phone she had to swerve and just missed telephone pole... and she says if it wasn't the hand of God driving her car it wasn't anything at all because she did not have control.

God saved our littlest munchkin kitty when she was bitten by a coral snake (certain doom for most cats) the ones that survive are usually pumped full of fluids and on a respirator (ours had neither, the vet could not find a vein in her little paws that would take an IV). A death sentence as she lost all control of her bodily function (meaning she was bitten for sure)... she's alive and well and God answered our prayers with a miracle.

He blessed us with a car when no one was selling cars in 2010 and our only car was repossessed a week earlier.

He blessed me with a job when people were losing their jobs by the millions and with a company that is not doing so well (hired during a hiring freeze) and in such a way that only a miracle could explain.

He blessed me with the perfect woman my wife of 31 years despite the royal turd I've been over the years so undeserving of her. A former model, TV news anchor and talkshow host who could have married millionaires (turned them down in fact) married me a Sailor in the Navy at the time.

When asked how a yutz like me could have a wife like that I reply "Proof positive there is a God."

Link: http://springtimejan...7.blogspot.com/

So don't tell me God doesn't do miracles to this very hour!

Like the crispness on a winters morn

And the colors of the autumn leaves

And the sunshine on a summers day

None can hold a candle to thee

Springtime Janae

Springtime Janae

Springtime Janae

Tho you were summer born

You are the Harvest Beauty Queen

And tho you wintered many storms

You are the freshness of spring

Springtime Janae

Springtime Janae

Springtime Janae

Edited by JohnDB
embedded video deleted - not allowed outside of the video forum. Please provide a link in it's place