JHERB

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Oh yeah - has anyone been praying for her salvation?

:b:

well now that you mention it Neb, I'm ashamed to say that I have not...... yet.

Guest Butero

She is probably guilty, but the jury didn't seem to think there was enough evidence to convict her beyond a reasonable doubt. From what I have heard, 10 of 12 jurors felt she was not guilty on the first ballot. The first person to speak out was an alternate, and he said he agreed with the verdict. One of the jurors said she wanted to convict her because she thought she was guilty, but didn't think it had been proven, and didn't want to take the chance on convicting an innocent woman. Since I was not able to be at the trial, and didn't see the evidence, I will give the jury the benefit of the doubt. I just hope the two that changed their vote from guilty to not guilty did so because they were convinced that was the case, and not so they could go home? :noidea:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

She is probably guilty, but the jury didn't seem to think there was enough evidence to convict her beyond a reasonable doubt. From what I have heard, 10 of 12 jurors felt she was not guilty on the first ballot. The first person to speak out was an alternate, and he said he agreed with the verdict. One of the jurors said she wanted to convict her because she thought she was guilty, but didn't think it had been proven, and didn't want to take the chance on convicting an innocent woman. Since I was not able to be at the trial, and didn't see the evidence, I will give the jury the benefit of the doubt. I just hope the two that changed their vote from guilty to not guilty did so because they were convinced that was the case, and not so they could go home? :noidea:

No, one of the jurors wanted to get it over with because they were leaving on a cruise and didn't want to cancel it. That's the stupid excuse for "doing their duty"...

Guest Butero

No, one of the jurors wanted to get it over with because they were leaving on a cruise and didn't want to cancel it. That's the stupid excuse for "doing their duty"...

That is appauling. If the juror didn't have anymore interest in justice being served, he should have told the judge that so he could be excused. I was on a jury a couple of years ago in a civil trial, and I took it very serious, knowing that the lives of two differen't individuals were going to be greatly effected by our decision. This was a capital murder trial, and there is no excuse for making light of it.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I hadn't heard of this case. I have now read the entry about it on Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casey_Anthony_trial

I gather the case was widely reported. At least one person in this forum has expressed disappointment with the verdict. Normally, I wouldn't form an opinion from press coverage of a trial. I'd wait to hear what the jury thought of the evidence, before becoming emotionally invested.

Do those who had heard of the case through press coverage, find that the Wikipedia entry corresponds with the press coverage?

Guest shiloh357

How did you find out about this, Anita? Did the juror admit this in public?

How did you find out about this, Anita? Did the juror admit this in public?

One of the alternate jurors said it. Hey, I don't know if this is true or not.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Do those who had heard of the case through press coverage, find that the Wikipedia entry corresponds with the press coverage?

You have to take Wikipedia with a grain of salt. Anyone can write or change anything with in there, and there is nothing to keep truth monitored.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

:emot-hug:

:emot-hug:

Don't feel bad....there's a post in the Prayer Requests thread asking prayer for her. The shocking thing I discovered was, I joined a FB group last night called "Justice for Caylee"...this morning one of the posters left a message that kinda bothers me....it said "Morning, is Casey dead yet?" My mouth dropped when I read that. Is there a lot of people out there calling for this? I sure hope not, that makes us no better.

a.