IGNORED

Omniscience

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

Tell me this...

The omniscience of God. Do you think it means that God has all possible knowledge (which would include all propositional and all experiential knowledge)? Or would it include only propositional knowledge?

Simple answer. God knows everything, no matter how we want to categorize it. There is nothing that exists that He did not create.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1

God knows all the " If's " as well.

Guest shiloh357

Simple answer. God knows everything, no matter how we want to categorize it. There is nothing that exists that He did not create.

Do you think God possesses all possible experiential knowledge? Do you know what I mean when I use the term, "propositional knowledge" and how it differs from experiential knowledge?

Do you think God possesses all possible experiential knowledge? Do you know what I mean when I use the term, "propositional knowledge" and how it differs from experiential knowledge?

Do you think that you can have a thought that God hasn't had way before you existed?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I don't think there really are "what if's" to God. Since He knows what WILL happen, there is no such thing to Him as "what might have happened" or "what John would have done if ... " IMHO.

Guest shiloh357

Do you think that you can have a thought that God hasn't had way before you existed?

No, but that doesn't really answer the question. What I am asking is whether or not anyone thinks that omniscience must include experiential knowledge, or if it only applies to propositional knowledge (the knowledge of what is).

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Well, first I have whole post about treating the Bible that includes God in a reverential manner. In essence not using knowledge to come forth with new doctrines based on knowing of language or taking an 11th grade science or philosophy course. No irreverence is shown as of yet and the subject matter is in the grey area so I will answer. You took a question that is usually posed to man, a believer. A Christian can have subjective* propositional knowledge based on the Bible but as far as far as experiential knowledge, a non-believer will say, “you have not met or spoken with God?” “Have you believed because you have seen me? “Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believed,” John 21:29.

As far as your direct question, Bless and praise Christ in the strongest of faith and reverence. He condescended to have experiential knowledge of humans by becoming a human, and not with prestige and earthly honors. And, “As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow, to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.” Rom 14:11 None will dare say to God, you don’t know what it’s like to be human.

Oak

* correction.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,171
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

shiloh, if as I believe God is not bound by space and time and can simply look to see what will be in the future, i don't think i can separate experiential knowledge from priori Knoledge, or propositional knowledge whatever we want to call it.

i don't think I would know how to separate the two with Gods capabilities.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Maybe I should not be so quick to answer:

Mar 4:10 And when he was alone, they that were about him with the twelve asked of him the parable.

Mar 4:11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

Mar 4:12 That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.