• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

FWIW they are also using acupuncture in some situations in liu of pain relief... I wish I could remember which surgical procedure it was.

After my last knee surgery, I bought a tens machine which I use to electrically stimulate some of the acupuncture poits and it does help with the knee pain.

I used a TENS machine in labour. It was great.

I had TENS treatment in the Philippines for a very sore back. It was amazing. You can now buy a TENS pen, a friend of mine has one. I hurt my wrist at work the other day, and I used hers, The difference after use was amazing. Looks like a big fountain pen and you put the point on the affected area and move it around clicking the top about 30 - 40 times. I thought it might be a gimmick, but it works a treat on muscle pain.

She is now playing bass guitar again after using it on a regular basis on her hand.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  05/29/1960

I think we should be believing and hypnotizing ourselves in this:

“ He Himself took our infirmities And bore our sicknesses.” “ He Himself took our infirmities And bore our sicknesses.” He Himself took our infirmities And bore our sicknesses.” He Himself took our infirmities And bore our sicknesses.” He Himself took our infirmities And bore our sicknesses.” He Himself took our infirmities And bore our sicknesses.” He Himself took our infirmities And bore our sicknesses.” He Himself took our infirmities And bore our sicknesses.” He Himself took our infirmities And bore our sicknesses.” He Himself took our infirmities And bore our sicknesses.”

and

by whose stripes you were healed. by whose stripes you were healed. by whose stripes you were healed. by whose stripes you were healed. by whose stripes you were healed. by whose stripes you were healed. by whose stripes you were healed. by whose stripes you were healed. by whose stripes you were healed. by whose stripes you were healed. by whose stripes you were healed. by whose stripes you were healed. by whose stripes you were healed. by whose stripes you were healed. by whose stripes you were healed.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

I read a recent article hereon the use of hypnosis during some surgeries to combat pain, and how it is keeping down health care costs. I know others use hypnosis to battle chronic pain.

Should a Christian use hypnosis? It not, are some circumstances ok? Scriptural support please for answers.

I can' seem to find anything in the scriptures regarding hypnosis, but I would be scared to try it.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

I have been hypnotized. I hesitated to post for fear of being stoned. :whistling:

And for that same reason I will share few details. :taped: except that was not for pain.

I will share that I was fully conscious and aware of my surroundings. I could get up and leave whenever I wanted to. I remember everything that took place. Would I suggest it to fellow Christians? That depends.

1 Corinthians 8

New King James Version (NKJV)

7 However, there is not in everyone that knowledge; for some, with consciousness of the idol, until now eat it as a thing offered to an idol; and their conscience, being weak, is defiled. 8 But food does not commend us to God; for neither if we eat are we the better, nor if we do not eat are we the worse.

9 But beware lest somehow this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to those who are weak. 10 For if anyone sees you who have knowledge eating in an idol’s temple, will not the conscience of him who is weak be emboldened to eat those things offered to idols? 11 And because of your knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died? 12 But when you thus sin against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ. 13 Therefore, if food makes my brother stumble, I will never again eat meat, lest I make my brother stumble.

If my brother or sister sees something objectionable about it, as some here do, I would never suggest it. For them, it is wrong, as that is their conviction. It is the same reason I waited so long to post this, as some may even find the fact that another believer was hypnotized offensive.

My only reason for posting is to maybe clear up some misconceptions about hypnosis, as one who has experienced it, and to say that I would not cause another to stumble by encouraging that one to sin against their conscience, neither would I forbid more tham is required.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

I have been hypnotized. I hesitated to post for fear of being stoned. :whistling:

And for that same reason I will share few details. :taped: except that was not for pain.

I will share that I was fully conscious and aware of my surroundings.

My only reason for posting is to maybe clear up some misconceptions about hypnosis, as one who has experienced it, and to say that I would not cause another to stumble by encouraging that one to sin against their conscience, neither would I forbid more tham is required.

Yea, the VA tried to hypnotize me for Pain, however, it did not work. I control most of my pain, by telling myself that it only means I'm still alive. I've also have had acupuncture, and I have a Two channel TENS unit, the Ultima5, that the VA has kindly supplied. They also supply lots of drugs, for pain, I tend not to take them, unless I have not been able to sleep for a couple of days.

Yea, the VA tried to hypnotize me for Pain, however, it did not work. I control most of my pain, by telling myself that it only means I'm still alive. I've also have had acupuncture, and I have a Two channel TENS unit, the Ultima5, that the VA has kindly supplied. They also supply lots of drugs, for pain, I tend not to take them, unless I have not been able to sleep for a couple of days.

Does the TENS work for you?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

It reduces the level of pain to a point that I can better handle it, so yes it works for me. Besides taking drugs which knock me out, nothing really get rid of it all, besides the two times I've been standing on the doorstep of this life and the next. I sometimes wonder why He is keeping me around. Right now I'm doing GOOD!

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

There is a verse, and i can't remember where it is but basically it says don't put your mind in neutral.... so that the emeny of your soul can lure you to sin...something like that i will look futher for it...i don't believe in giving up control of my mind to another person except Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Suggestions can be put into your mind without you knowing it...lol you may wake up barking like a dog hehehe just not a safe thing for a child of God to do. although with pain i have prayed about it before and the answer was NO

It reduces the level of pain to a point that I can better handle it, so yes it works for me. Besides taking drugs which knock me out, nothing really get rid of it all, besides the two times I've been standing on the doorstep of this life and the next. I sometimes wonder why He is keeping me around. Right now I'm doing GOOD!

Good to hear! I think TENS is an amazing technology. It may not work for everyone but it is non invasive, with no side affects. I wish they could develop it further. It has worked for me on a few occasions.