• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  965
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/28/1979

Alot of people at work laugh at me when I say things are too revealing (I work at a clothing store)! And the store I work for has modest clothes! Not to mention, I see alot of tourists coming in in very skimpy clothes. There's a time and a place for everything- skimpy clothes are best saved for your husband and your husband alone. Shorts are fine! I'm meaning tube tops, halter tops, bottoms that you can see someone's... bottom, and things like that. Even very low-rider jeans are nasty!

The good thing about being so passionate about my "fashion" convictions at work, is that is gives me the opportunity to share the Word! I get crazy looks, but it's all good! Not to mention, I get a blessing from following God's word :il: JMHO :wub:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  297
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

im w/ you senerhu, not many guys posting here!

anyway, i agree that clothing is crazy these days and that people ought to use discernment when picking out clothes. i also feel that 'modesty' changes throughout society. the examples have already been laid out from the 1920's etc etc.

who's perspective defines what modesty is? the one who wears the clothes or the one viewing them? before you get all hyped up, i know the scriptures posted, but that doesnt answer my question. God tells us dress modestly, well is it possible for someone to think differently on what this looks like and both be right? ie, my wife bought a dress the other day for a function we had to attend. it was one of those full length dresses w/ a silky satin feel to it. it covered her whole body and had 'regular' shoulder straps on her shoulder and her chest and back were covered... i thought it was beautiful and modest. now, who says im right? who says my wifes choice was right? anyone could have come in and said, it was 'too form fitting' b/c of the materials used. i thought it fit her nicely and was fairly loose. so again, who's right? those who thought the dress was modest or those that thought too much of her back showed? in senerhu's case, whose right? if his wife were to wash her car or run to the store right quick in the shorts(i say this not knowing the actual length, but for example sake say some may object) whose to say whose stance is the 'correct' one?

again, whose perspective defines modesty?

p.s.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  187
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  678
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  05/23/1959

A few years ago here in Ontario Canada we had a very hot summer, some women decided to go topless. They were arrested. That began a summer of protests and marches and court battles finally I believe it was in February or March the courts decided that it was completely legal for women in Ontario to go topless. I must say the majority of men were kicking up their heels in glee when the ruling came down. But since it has now become legal the excitement had worn off, the media is gone and I have yet to see any woman on the beaches here actually go topless. So was it worth all the marches and protests in the end. I say no, just a waste of taxpayers money.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

A woman knows when she is dressing provocatively. It is not a big mystery. Teen girls are figuring it out too. A look gleaned from the opposite sex..........does not go unnoticed.

As far as church, surely we can use common sense and figure out what is acceptable, and what is not appropriate attire for the House of the Lord?

In His Truth,

Suzanne

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

When we go to the buffet dinner at Ryans, we see many woman dressed VERY immodestly.

My husband frowns and looks disgusted.

I just pray for the poor soul because I was once one of them.

You all, please listen to yourselves. These people who dress this way are LOST~~~

They don't need us to look down our noses!!!!! They need our compassionate, loving, heartfelt prayers.

They're LOST, people! They need PRAYER! They need JESUS! Can't anyone get that?

Let's stop being critics of the lost and begin having pity on them. We are BLESSED with the Holy Spirit. They aren't. Help them find Jesus. Pray for them.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

When we go to the buffet dinner at Ryans, we see many woman dressed VERY immodestly.

You all, please listen to yourselves. These people who dress this way are LOST~~~

They don't need us to look down our noses!!!!! They need our compassionate, loving, heartfelt prayers.

Let's stop being critics of the lost and begin having pity on them. We are BLESSED with the Holy Spirit. They aren't. Help them find Jesus. Pray for them.

I was once lost also but i knew when i was doing something wrong. God gave us all a built in conscience. It's not like they have no choice in what they choose to wear.

I agree that we are to pray for the lost but sometimes a rebuke goes a lot further than our sympathy, and nothing wrong with a little indignation either. I used to be lost and if i wore something i shouldn't have you better believe i knew what i was doing. Someone showing me some love wouldn't have done me one bit of good. What i needed was someone to get in my face and tell me the truth. Getting mad about how people dress is a sign of life, it doesn't mean you look down on people.

I respectfully disagree.

The bible tells us of people who's consciences are SEARED.

Jamie, I had so many demons in me, you would NEVER believe I was the same person today.

I was drunk, stoned, immoral to the core, filthy mouthed, malicious, evil, nasty, heartless, insensitive, violent, and well....just purely Satanic.

Sorry, Sis.....I was so far down in the dirt, I didn't even have a conscience at that point.

Jesus Christ lifted me up out of the pig pen I was in. I stunk. I smelled of the filth of sin ....God had to hold his nose when He cleaned me up.

I was a Prodigal if you ever saw one. I was a mess. I was so full of hatred, anger and rage, the demons had control.

Jesus Christ took this filthy wreck of a person and slowly but surely assumed the unpleasant job of cleaning up a horrible sinner who didn't even know what sin was because I was so immersed in it.

I had no idea I was evil, bad or wrong. I didn't care if I stole or cheated or lied. Who cares? There's no God anyway?

Well, when I discovered there was a God and He loved me, things began to change dramatically.

No, Jamie...I disagree with you. I say LOVE THEM....hate their sin but LOVE THEM.

I was so unlovable but Jesus patiently washed away my filth and gave me His own robes.

I'm not even the same person I used to be...believe me!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Dear Cats,

Lost women have not always dressed in this current day style have they? It is partly due to the lack of teaching in the homes by mamas. Where are the mothers at? Surely you know that 50 years ago, even lost women did not dress in this manner. Even "lost" women had a reverence for God in terms of His Sanctuary, and what is acceptable attire for church. It has nothing to do with lost, it has to do with the absense of shame, that used to be "taught". Women used to know what was approriate for church dress, whether they were lost or not. It was just common sense, and back when there used to be an essence of shame.

In His Love,

Suzanne

One small note:

Like the prostitute who wept at Jesus' feet, when I came to Christ, I spent 3 whole days crying and weeping so hard for my sins, my eyes were swollen shut. I looked like I'd been beaten.

I couldn't cry another tear...I ached to badly for the sins of my life. I could have given the Lord's feet a real bath with all those tears.

I know what it's like to be a filthy sinner so far down the hole there'd seem no hope for me.

I don't know how but Jesus got me out of that and pulled my soul out of the depths of hell's hot.

I'm alive and on-fire....and it's all because of Jesus' love.

I say, "Love people. Hate their sin but love them...just love them."

Suzanne,

I want to be very blunt with you. I had demons. Many of them. I don't care if anyone believes it or not. I was demonized to the core.

I was like a functionally insane raging sinner who didn't give a flip what anyone thought.

The MINUTE someone taught me about God and Jesus' love, there was a change in me that was absolutely monumental.

I didn't need my immoral mother lecturing ME about how to dress when she'd come home drunk.

I needed JESUS to help me change INSIDE.

I came from an ungodly home...sorry, no help there.

I needed JESUS CHRIST to help me...not my mother's hypocritical 'advice'. Today, she supports abortion, sex outside of marriage and has a "live-in" boyfriend.

This is how "I" was raised. No Christian influence.

THANK GOD He sent people to teach me about His Son. That's what causes inner change...not us looking down our noses at lost people who've lost their way.

I am grateful for the compassion and love of those Christians who took pity on me and helped me out of the hole I was in.