IGNORED

What bible version or translation do you use?

noobie

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  177
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Another thing since we are on the Bible subject in this topic (lol full of questions aren't I?) What do some of you guys use to write in your Bibles with? Like when you underline scripture or highlight. I tend to always seem to use a pen that leaks like five pages in. Anyone have any tips or suggestions?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  1

I been using KJV for years. What do you use?

I think the KJV is pretty straight to the point.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

If you like the idea of reading Hebrew and Greek, along side English, you should try this online app. You can either download it or use their online PDF version. It take a bit of getting use to, but well worth it.

Greek / Hebrew interlinear Bible software

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  177
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Thanks OneLight I will definitely be checking this out.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

"Gail Riplinger (born 1947) is an American author and speaker well-known for her support of the King-James-Only movement." Starting with her wiki then going to dig up more from there!

Thanks Miz I heard of that site.. What is the difference in that and http://www.blueletterbible.org/ ?

Welcome. They are all bible programs that allow you to look up the meanings of the words in their original language and boy oh boy once ya start doing that so much opens up! I don't use the bibleworks or the blueletter much although I do use www.biblestudytools.com sometimes also. A lexicon is basically a dictionary, a concordance is index of words, where you can find them in scriptures, how they were used things like that. Esword for me is just easier to use, has a ton of things on it yet so do the others so guess it comes down to preference. I have about 25 bible versions, about that many different lexicons, concordances and what not, along with Josephus entire works, Eusebuis' early church history and so many other things, having these kinds of study tools available at the touch of our fingers really does help us, at least it does me.

shalom,

Mizz

It's amazing.. A lot did open up. I found an online "Strong's Concordance with Hebrew and Greek Lexicon" and been going back on old scripture I didn't fully understand and its like putting a puzzle together into a more understandable way. If its a old testament scripture I only need to search in Hebrew right? Also the new testament should be searched in Greek right? Just want to make sure I'm as accurate as possible when doing my studies.

I like to take most all words back to Hebrew, and mostly what we have in the NT we can compare the greek to the hebrew via the Septuagent which is the OT translated into the greek. Sometimes there is not equivalent from the greek to hebrew but not very often. At least thats how I like to try to do it. The esword program for Strongs also shows either the hebrew or greek usuage of the words also.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Another thing since we are on the Bible subject in this topic (lol full of questions aren't I?) What do some of you guys use to write in your Bibles with? Like when you underline scripture or highlight. I tend to always seem to use a pen that leaks like five pages in. Anyone have any tips or suggestions?

I use colored pens haven't had any bleeding over with the ones I use though, so it might be the ink in your particular pen.

shalom,

Mizz

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,713
  • Content Per Day:  8.03
  • Days Won:  77
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

colored pencils highlight nicely without bleed through... Love, Steven

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

KJV is my overall favorite.

Butero mentioned the KJV 1611.

You can add this E-sword module to your e-sword for free. It is about half way down this page with two other Textus Receptus translations:

http://www.e-sword.net/bibles.html

This version does have the Apocrypha however as I have been told did the 1611. Originally, the Apocrypha was only for historical reference, and all of it's books were sandwiched between the O/T and the N/T. This 1611 has mixed it through-out the Bible.

Also, it's Apocrypha books are in "BLUE" indicating that it is not part of the inspired 66 Books of the Bible.

I have 3 different Bible applications on my computer. Of the 3, I enjoy the E-Sword.

I do use the other 2 but much less frequently.

I would also like to suggest Noah Webster's 1828 Dictionary of American English module for the E-Sword. He was a Christian man. In his 1828 original, he would often quote Scripture with his definitions. It is at the bottom of this page:

http://www.e-sword.net/dictionaries.html

The corrupt newer Webster dictionary currently on my book shelf has all but removed any mention of Scripture from word definitions...