GlidingWings

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  345
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  4

As we know that researchers have found bones.

These bones that are found are called fossils.

I would like to start a discussion about dinosaurs and start with several questions?

1. Are dinosaurs mentioned in the Bible?

2. What do you believe is the reason dinosaurs don't exist anymore?

3. How could mankind be able to defend himself against such large creatures like the dinosaur?

4.Was there ever any dinosaur as large as the biggest whale on the Earth today?

5.If not as big how big would it be compared to the largest whale?

6.By just studying the fossils how do we know the behavior of the dinosaur?

7.Do you believe all dinosaurs ate vegetation or do you believe some ate meat?

8. How can one that studies the fossils of dinosaurs can tell the difference between male and female?

9.How do we know that dinosaurs had scale like skin? Could it be possible they had fur?

10 Last question...Was there any dinosaur that lived in the water?

Now that I have listed questions about dinosaurs try to answer what you are able to.

If you may have questions about dinosaurs or may to say then what I have go ahead and add your comments what you know about dinosaurs.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

Hi there Friend!

Are you trying to start an argument with these questions? I can see some people going off the deep end on some of them.

Now for a little plagiarism;--I am not a paleonthologist, but I try to answer as best as I can:

NO! the word dinosaurs is not found in the Bible, however, dragon is used about 13 to 14 times in Revelations.

Rev 12:3 Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on his heads.

What Viole said: Plus .....I hope it was because God, didn't want them to "Eat Us" ha! ha!

Plus here is a link to a place that will tell you all you want to know about the subject matter.

http://www.abc.net.au/dinosaurs/fact_files/glossary_a_b.htm

ICL

Dennis

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Yes. Job 40 and 41 gives a good description of living dinos.

I know what science says, but since I think they could have coexisted (oh I know label me crazy lol) then I have other views on why they went extinct. Could be same reason why horses and camels went extinct in north america. Men killed them. They may not have bred too well and with being hunted ... poof all gone. Or it could have been other reasons.

3. How could mankind be able to defend himself against such large creatures like the dinosaur?

Same way they do it now with elephants and lions etc.

Some of the brachiosaurs were supposed to be quite huge, larger than the largest whale.

See above.

Some behavior is apparent. Like herding and tending to nests. Others are not so much. They still speculate on many animal behaviors.

There were many carnivores out there. The teeth show that.

8. How can one that studies the fossils of dinosaurs can tell the difference between male and female?

Usually they go with gracile versus robust skeletons. Some males of species have gender related things like larger horns etc. Just like modern animals. In man I know its easy to distinguish the difference in gender in the skeleton. Not sure how well it is with dinos.

9.How do we know that dinosaurs had scale like skin? Could it be possible they had fur?

I think they found impressions of scales, and even feather like fluff. Does it really matter if they had fur or not?

Hmm pleiosaurs are not technically dinos are they? I dont know if there were any true aquatic dinos, but it is believed for sure that many dinos spent a lot of time in water.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

That all depends on what the behemoth and leviathan were.

The asteroid impact is the popular belief on that. I am familiar with some challenges to that theory, but mainstream science is still sticking with the asteroid.

I'm interested int he challenges, but I'm in no position to really say what happened.

Man is ingenuitive. And there is reason to believe there is lost technology of the past. Who knows what the pre-flood earth was like?

Did some looking - it seems like the sauropods or some of them were larger than the blue whale (largest whale on Earth today).

See here

That's a long one. Some dinos were found together, and that gave clues. By observing predator-prey relations in living animals, pieces can be put together on fossilized animals. Comparing anatomy of the fossil to known animals aids in this as well (i.e. teeth, claws). Some fossils show evidence of injury, and that can give clues. Stuff like that.

If the teeth look like a modern carnivore, chances are it was a carnivore. So yes, there were dinos that ate meat.

I don't know about dinos, but on humans there are variations between male and female in the skeleton. Maybe something like that?

I was raised to assume dinos were reptiles, but that view is changing. As was mentioned, some dinos have been found to have had feathers. So, who knows?

I interned with a teacher who was a huge studier of the dinos and other past creatures. From what he researched it seems that flying animals and aquatic animals were not dinosaurs. They were classified as something else.

• Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  345
  • Days Won:  4

Thanks everyone for answering all the questions about the dinosaurs. I don’t think most of us have that much time on our hands to be studying about these ancient animals that no longer exist. But I think many of in our life have been curious enough to read about them.

As I have seen in some of these answers even if not studied I can see you have read to learn about them.

The biggest surprise that I almost could not believe was that they believe that dinosaurs had feathers. Well maybe some did.

And I say this that’s because growing up I have always been told they are somewhat like giant lizards. The way they have looked in books seemed that way. Only the pterodactyl was the only ancient creature I knew that flew.

There is nothing I have heard in the Bible about anyone running from such a large animal such as a dinosaur only Jonah who got swallowed by a large fish for 3 days and Daniel were being thrown into the lions den. Well you know even though elephants are large animals they are not the kind to be charging at you neither is that of a Giraffe. And maybe Dinosaurs ate only other animals not being so much of a threat to mankind or maybe perhaps only if it feels that to protect their family as birds do sometimes will dart down at you if you get near their nest.

No one can say for sure why the dinosaurs no longer exist. But I also agree with Jade that I think Man Kind killed them off. Take a look at the Bengal tigers or the Elephants. Man is selfish and not compassionate at times in concerns in preserving the life of animals. Many of the animals we know today are now on the list of endangered species. And if we don’t take action they will be gone. And they will never return unless God himself creates a new one. Would it not be sad if the Bengal tigers and the elephants were gone? I sure think it would be very sad to know they are no longer here. They are such great animals. .

For dinosaurs I admit I would be too frightened to even get within a mile of them. I would be afraid the dinosaur may end up my way. I would stay as far as I could. Once a year I believe in Austin Texas there are these Bats that come out. I think that is spooky.

I don’t believe especially in these modern days would God have any reason to bring them back.

And Dennis buddy I will write to you in a letter about the Dragon of the Book of Revelations. This is Visions of Prophecy design to John on the Island of Patmos. But Dennis thanks for giving me the glossary.

• Topic Count:  248
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  373
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  09/10/1963

That all depends on what the behemoth and leviathan were.

The asteroid impact is the popular belief on that. I am familiar with some challenges to that theory, but mainstream science is still sticking with the asteroid.

I'm interested int he challenges, but I'm in no position to really say what happened.

Man is ingenuitive. And there is reason to believe there is lost technology of the past. Who knows what the pre-flood earth was like?

Did some looking - it seems like the sauropods or some of them were larger than the blue whale (largest whale on Earth today).

See here

That's a long one. Some dinos were found together, and that gave clues. By observing predator-prey relations in living animals, pieces can be put together on fossilized animals. Comparing anatomy of the fossil to known animals aids in this as well (i.e. teeth, claws). Some fossils show evidence of injury, and that can give clues. Stuff like that.

If the teeth look like a modern carnivore, chances are it was a carnivore. So yes, there were dinos that ate meat.

I don't know about dinos, but on humans there are variations between male and female in the skeleton. Maybe something like that?

I was raised to assume dinos were reptiles, but that view is changing. As was mentioned, some dinos have been found to have had feathers. So, who knows?

I interned with a teacher who was a huge studier of the dinos and other past creatures. From what he researched it seems that flying animals and aquatic animals were not dinosaurs. They were classified as something else.

Well I found this link with Scripture to backup about behemoth and leviathan..

But this sounds like to me that they were mentioned.

Some of the other questions that you asked Robby are contained within this link..

http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/dinos.shtml

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

But I also agree with Jade that I think Man Kind killed them off.

Then how would you account for the 60 something millions years between the most recent fossil found, and the first trace of humans being? To say humans and dinosaurs existed alongside, you first need to find a good solution to that problem :)

No. Because of the differences between the forces acting on a body between land and water, it is much easier for an animal to get bigger in the water than on land. The blue whale, biggest animal alive today, is about 50% more massive than the biggest known dinosaur, a member of the sauropod group.

I pulled up stuff on the search engine that states otherwise.

I'm not an expert in this area, so I'm open to correction. But it is kinda hard to correct myself if you don't tell me what you found. :)

I posted links in my previous response:

I think I know what's going on. You are going by height/width, and by that standard yes dinosaurs are bigger, while I was going by mass in which the blue whale is bigger. :emot-highfive:

I think of that as more massive, not bigger.

So - hey. Let the questioner decide which to go by.