• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Where can a man find an inkling of sanity? You all used to be such nice people.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

How is this nasty?

How is this nasty?

How is what nasty?

Where can a man find an inkling of sanity? You all used to be such nice people.

You suggest we used to be nice, past tense? noidea.gif I see no lack of niceness (nastiness) in this thread.

-The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

- I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit.

-Then I looked on all the works that my hands had wrought, and on the labour that I had laboured to do: and, behold, all was vanity and vexation of spirit, and there was no profit under the sun.

-There is an evil which I have seen under the sun, and it is common among men:

-Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Really, what does all this arguing amount to? We go to bed at the end of the day, and the sun still rises in thew morning. Gravity still weighs us down and the news still fills our heads with worldly goodness. Then we discuss it some more to the point were we see fit to give our brothers and sisters new names, some not very becoming, and yet another day is spent voicing our opinions, while changing very little in the real world.

Does anybody know just how depressing this is? Where is my family in Christ? What does it all boil down to?

I used to be able to see the humor in things here, but now I just see a lot of opinions being strung about while the world wastes away.

I don't see it. I see discussion and that is what forums are for. If you think it's a waste of time then you don't have to participate.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Brother Gerry,

Here's my problem with some of this stuff.

There are actually organizations, like the aforementioned Sojourners, who are paying folks with public funding to come onto sites like this and spew Leftist rehtoric and and an opposing Gospel. Where it get's refuted is right here on the ground. This is our Faith in action.:wub:

The folks doing this evil saw away at the very plank upon which you stand and make your declaration. This should concern you because it is not merely about Christian division and Politics. It is about a false Gospel and leading the sheep astray. It's actually quite insideous.;)

Refuting it is not mean spirited or divisive in an Ecumenical sense at all, IMO, it is about sound Doctrine and the support of civilization.:thumbsup:

Peace,

Dave

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,275
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Really, what does all this arguing amount to? We go to bed at the end of the day, and the sun still rises in thew morning. Gravity still weighs us down and the news still fills our heads with worldly goodness. Then we discuss it some more to the point were we see fit to give our brothers and sisters new names, some not very becoming, and yet another day is spent voicing our opinions, while changing very little in the real world.

Does anybody know just how depressing this is? Where is my family in Christ? What does it all boil down to?

I used to be able to see the humor in things here, but now I just see a lot of opinions being strung about while the world wastes away.

Unless you want to get into the spiritual side of what's going on Geriioke, you're not gong to be able to really make a difference... and getting into the dark side is not usually accepted here for any length of time so there is hardly anything that one can reallly get into, and it's the dark side that is behind all that is happening these days...... even the Occupy movement.

Really, what does all this arguing amount to? We go to bed at the end of the day, and the sun still rises in the morning. Gravity still weighs us down and the news still fills our heads with worldly goodness. Then we discuss it some more to the point were we see fit to give our brothers and sisters new names, some not very becoming, and yet another day is spent voicing our opinions, while changing very little in the real world.

:thumbsup:

Truth

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. Isaiah 1:18

And Vexation

And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:

(For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds; )

The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished: 2 Peter 2:7-9