IGNORED

That Nightmare Christmas

They're playing the Christmas music in the stores, and if they aren't yet -- they will be soon. :rolleyes: Since Christmas is right around the corner, I thought I'd start something of a different thread this year.

What was your worst Christmas? You know what I mean. The one in which everything went wrong, got snowed in, stuck at the airport, messed up, confused and confounded. Then there were the inlaws . . . :whistling:

Time to share . . . :laugh::whistling:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

There was one Christmas in which I was so ill, my brother had to drive down and pick me up because I couldnt drive. The upside of that time was that we woke up that morning with a rare snow storm and I got to wake him up via a snowball. Its only fair considering how many times he woke me up in unpleasant ways. I was not saved then. Dont hold it against me lol.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,891
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  230
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

The year my son died .. he was 22 and died 16 years ago today. The worse part waas shopping and trying to make things " normal " for my other children and my 3 year old granddaughter and I kept picking up gifts for my son and then getting to the till and realising I had to put them back.

I dont like Christmas time but I " go through the motions " for the children and grandchildren.

This year for the first time since I was 18 years old I am NOT cooking dinner or entertaining anyone and I get to do what I want to do ..just trying to decide which of my favorite charities I will go help out with on the day :thumbsup:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  77
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

I think my worst and best Christmas was three years ago. My Mom that had been failing badly for quite some time went to be with the Lord on the twnety second of Dec of that year.

She lived way across the state in the same town as my sister. I had been over there with her and my sis for some time. Then the roads and weather got absolutely terrible--everything was snow packed and icy so my hubby and the rest of the family couldn't even come.

So I ended up spending Christmas with my sister that year without my own family. Mom's funeral was two days after Christmas.

Christmas was Mom's favoirite time of the year, so it was especially poignant that she died just three days before Christmas Day. But I don't think I have ever had a Christmas where the reality of what we as Christians are celebrating during that time was more real and sweet to me then it was that year. The coming of the Savior to bring eternal life to all of us that will accept His gift and grace becomes very real at such a time when you have just watched your own Mother slip into eternity and into the Lord's presence.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

I think my best and worst Christmas was 23 years ago

On Dec. 23 1988 my first child was born, my beautiful daughter, but she was born with serious complications and I was able to go home Christmas day but she had to stay in the neo-natal unit for 3 more weeks.

The nurses had decorated her incubator with Christmas decorations and santa stickers and the nurses had bought her Christmas gifts, it was so sweet.

The best news I got that Christmas is that my precious baby would survive!

The worst part was going home empty handed without my baby it was a horrible feeling.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  415
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/02/1945

They're playing the Christmas music in the stores, and if they aren't yet -- they will be soon. :rolleyes: Since Christmas is right around the corner, I thought I'd start something of a different thread this year.

What was your worst Christmas? You know what I mean. The one in which everything went wrong, got snowed in, stuck at the airport, messed up, confused and confounded. Then there were the inlaws . . . :whistling:

Time to share . . . :laugh::whistling:

/quote]

I've never had a bad Christmas! Loved them all. The thing that stands out most in my mind was the year I went to two Christmas plays in different churches. The first one spared no expense...expensive stages, wonderfully dressed actors, singers and beautiful songs. It was so lavish I couldn't believe it, from the dancing girls in their holiday clothes and high kicks... lots of of other stuff. This was a large church with a wealthy congregation. The other was a little Baptist church up the street where my five year grandaughter went and also to their private school. The staging was very plain and ordinary, not much at all. The cast were all children, Mary rode a stick horse around the church several times with Joseph looking for an inn. The children sang all of the songs as well, and most were out of tune. A large handmade star dangled from the ceilding near the manger. Of course the shepherds and angels were cute, the wooly sheep costumes too. The piano was older than the hills, the piano player kept plunking on it and sang somewhat out of tune. I felt the true spirit of Christmas there. Guess which one was the best!!!!! :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

The worst Christmas I ever had was when I was an addict, alone, in a flea bag rooming house, in LA, shooting up. God saved me from a life like this.