• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I read you Cobalt emot-hug.gif.

I just have this overwhelming sense of selfishness about the whole thing. As if, we created life, froze it, and then decided we were done and didn't want it anymore so we gave it away. I'm not sure if this is making sense.

I'm a bit surprised at how many positive responses are here, I thought for sure the overwhelming reaction would be "it's yours, you must keep it", so I guess I'm now wondering if my sense was right or if there is liberty here I don't know about.

It just feels so wrong to me.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

Aren't all Christians adopted?

Romans 8:15

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Ephesians 1:5

Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Moses was adopted.

All food for prayer, but it would seem to me that God approves adoption.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

I wonder how it would feel if we donated the embryo, and someone else gave birth to my child.
Who gives Life?

If I were the earthly Dad to a Child that was blessed to my family this way, I would be thanking God for this Gift.

ICL Dennis

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

Amen to these last comments.

Well said.

:P

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Well...it's yours. Of course you'd feel bad. There's a huge sense of responsibility there!

But truly, Candice, I'm trying to be delicate with this, but considering the difficulties you've been having, delivering them yourself may not even be an option, you know? Sorry to have to put things in this perspective, but unfortunately it can't be overlooked, you know?

:(:emot-hug:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Well...it's yours. Of course you'd feel bad. There's a huge sense of responsibility there!

But truly, Candice, I'm trying to be delicate with this, but considering the difficulties you've been having, delivering them yourself may not even be an option, you know? Sorry to have to put things in this perspective, but unfortunately it can't be overlooked, you know?

:(:emot-hug:

Yeah, there is that too. We don't have a high take-home-baby rate with our pregnancies, just 20%. These kids might have a better chance of life with someone else, especially as I get so close to menopause.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/12/1957

Hi folks,

Since I have no secrets, I'd like your help to biblically work through an issue I am potentially facing.

There is a possibility of this new IVF treatment creating more embryo's than we need, it is a big gamble.

Let's say we have another 1 or 2 kids by this treatment and still have frozen embryo's left over.

We feel like our family is complete.

Is it wrong/sinful to donate the remaining embryo's to another couple?

I can't see where it is sinful in and of itself, but it feels a little selfish to me. I wonder how it would feel if we donated the embryo, and someone else gave birth to my child. And when that child grows up, it is legally able to identify us and contact us, and what would I say if s/he knocked on my door and said, Hi Mum, why didn't you implant me yourself?

We can't ever let a frozen embryo die as we consider it as much alive as we consider our daughter to be alive.

So I guess the option is having more kids than we wanted (which is fine I guess) or adopting out and letting someone else have the chance (and I feel a bit weird / wrong / selfish about this).

We are in the same situation if, for some tragic reasons, my body cannot carry another child (hysterectomy, death etc).

Thanks folks. I think I know the answer but I want to make sure my feelings are justified and not unduly influenced by emotions (or hormones help.gif).

Here is my two sense worth. Having known a number of Adopted people. Mostly they are thankful to there bio parents for letting them have the wonderful parents they have. Most understand that their Bio parents were not able to keep them so because of love gave them to someone who could. I think Giving your embryo to someone who can not create one them self would be a act of love for both that child and the parents to be

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

To be honest I can understand the selfishness related and would probably feel the same way. If I could bring myself to give away my eggs I would wonder a lot about if children were born from them, and all that goes along with that. I also would think about the families created, how a couple would feel holding a child they never could have. If that child ever came looking I would tell them the whole story, how each embryo was a child in your eyes and you could not stand for them to not have a life and family. Its such an intensely personal decision with so much to consider. May YHWH give you shalom as you make this decision.

shalom,

Mizz

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Sister He has already spoken. Pray with an open hand and not a clenched fist.

Leave it all up to Him and rest in His power, you have nothing to fear or be anxious about.

As to your hypothetical comment, "It's yours and you must keep it?". Nope they are His and He blessed you with them.

Just rest at the foot of the Cross and wait.

He is faithful, and our patience should not be in the waiting, but in how we wait.

Read Romans 5:3. Hope really does not disappoint.........

I have a feeling I will be back sooner than later!

Blessings, you are loved!