Eccl12v13

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

There are some that claim, "All spirits go to the Father upon their death."! Are there others that believe this? And if so, just what do YOU mean by 'spirit'?

While thinking about that, let's read some of God's words;

Eccl.9

[2] All things come alike to all: there is one event to the righteous, and to the wicked; to the good and to the clean, and to the unclean; to him that sacrificeth, and to him that sacrificeth not: as is the good, so is the sinner; and he that sweareth, as he that feareth an oath.

Wow! Whatever event Solomon is talking about, it is NOT a respecter of persons. It touches the righteous AND the wicked.

[3] This is an evil among all things that are done under the sun, that there is one event unto all: yea, also the heart of the sons of men is full of evil, and madness is in their heart while they live, and after that they go to the dead.

So the event is Death! It happens to us ALL!

[5] For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

[6] Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

[7] Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works.

[8] Let thy garments be always white; and let thy head lack no ointment.

[9] Live joyfully with the wife whom thou lovest all the days of the life of thy vanity, which he hath given thee under the sun, all the days of thy vanity: for that is thy portion in this life, and in thy labour which thou takest under the sun.

[10] Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.

King Solomon could not be more clear in what he was telling us.

- There is ONE event that come to ALL. Whether you are good, or bad it will happen to everybody.

- This event is DEATH!

- Eat, drink and be merry! The time to do the works God will accept is NOW! While you are alive.

- Stay ready for we know not the time nor hour.

- Love thy wife and live life to the fullest. Whatever you have to do, do it NOW!!!

- Because once you are dead, there is no more work that can be done. There is no wisdom nor knowledge in the grave where you go.

That's pretty simple. When you are dead you are dead!

Let's read what God made man from;

Gen.2

[7] And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

So we have dirt and the breath of life from God that man is made of. And what happens to man after he dies? The “breath of life” that was put into man to make him a soul is taken away…..that’s it! And after a very long time that body that God made from dust goes right back to being dust. And this happens to ALL that die. Now let's read what God's breath of life is called....

Job 9

[18] He will not suffer me to take my breath, but filleth me with bitterness.

Job 27

[3] All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of God is in my nostrils;

Here Job calls the breath within, “the spirit of God”.

So when man dies, God's spirit leaves him. And where does it go? Back to the one that gave it; God! And what is the spirit that goes back to God? "All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of God is in my nostrils;"

This is what God's word tells us returns to him upon death.

So....back to my question, "There are some that claim, "All spirits go to the Father upon their death."! Are there others that believe this? And if so, just what do YOU mean by 'spirit'?

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I think this is an important and an interesting subject. Peter spoke of his mortal body like it was a tabernacle or tent and his future body like it was a temple (i.e. temporary spirit home and permanent spirit home.) Paul said absent from the body, present with the LORD. He desired to depart (die) and be present with the LORD which he said was "better by far." I don't think he was describing sleep in this way, although sleep is a nice blessing, it's not all that great :)

I cannot find any evidence in the Bible that the lost man's spirit is immortal. Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob are alive currently (they were when the Messiah was on earth even though their bodies weren't resurrected yet.) God is God of the living not God of the dead.

Praise God that He gives His children eternal life!

NTMicaiah

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,351
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The New Testament answers this in Lazarus and the rich man.... Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Sin cannot enter the presence of God. Those who die in their sin will not stand in His presence, but only in Christ presence when they are judged at the Great White Throne Judgment. It sounds like the ones the Op is speaking of are Universalist, believing all of His creation will be forgiven without accepting Christ Salvation, which is not scriptural.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

There is appointed to men once to die, and after this, the judgment (Heb 9:26). We are actually given a brief look at what happens to wicked when they leave earth in the story of Lazarus. They go to Hades (what Jesus elsewhere described as the outer darkness). It is there they remain until the Last Day. They are then reanimated (anazoe) to come before God at the Final Judgment (what people like to call the Great White Throne Judgment) in Rev 20. They must bow the knee, but they are never given permission to stand. (It is written, every knee shall bow and every tongue confess to the Glory of God the Father that Jesus Christ is LORD. Phillipians 4)

The word anastasia actually means to stand. It is never used of the wicked, only of the righteous. It is a special status given only to those who have believed that Jesus Christ is LORD and that God raised him from the dead on the third day and have confessed that before men.

This doesn't mean that the spirits/souls of the wicked are not immortal however. If they were NOT, then Gehenna would be a blessing to them, because they would simply cease to exist. Why have a place of eternal torment for them if they are only going to be blown away into non-existence? Unfortunately for them, they do not get off that easy. They are hurled into Gehenna by the angels and they remain there in torment forever.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

There is appointed to men once to die, and after this, the judgment (Heb 9:26). We are actually given a brief look at what happens to wicked when they leave earth in the story of Lazarus. They go to Hades (what Jesus elsewhere described as the outer darkness). It is there they remain until the Last Day.

So just what are these 'spirits' doing in hades while waiting for Judgement?

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/08/1959

There are some that claim, "All spirits go to the Father upon their death."! Are there others that believe this? And if so, just what do YOU mean by 'spirit'?

[3] All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of God is in my nostrils;

Here Job calls the breath within, “the spirit of God”.

So when man dies, God's spirit leaves him. And where does it go? Back to the one that gave it; God! And what is the spirit that goes back to God? "All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of God is in my nostrils;"

This is what God's word tells us returns to him upon death.

So....back to my question, "There are some that claim, "All spirits go to the Father upon their death."! Are there others that believe this? And if so, just what do YOU mean by 'spirit'?

Where the spirit goes

Ecclesiastes 12:7

V7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

There are actually two deaths as we discover. The first death is of the flesh body and the second death is of the spirit/soul

But notice there is a difference of eternal death and eternal punishment

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: 43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. 44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison,

and did not minister unto thee? 45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Matt 25:-46 (KJV)

"And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever," (Rev. 20:10).

Note Jesus is specifying the devil and his angels (Satan and the fallen angels) beast and the false prophet already condemned to everlasting punishment not Final death

This is the final death

8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have

their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.Rev 21:1-8 (KJV)

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Every human being is firstly a spirit that is housed in a flesh body crafted from the elements of the earth. Everyone dies and as the bible says, everyone will one day stand before God and have to give an account of his life. Every single dead person---saint or sinner---will be raised immortal to stand and face either reward or condemnation.

There is no getting around it.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

OneLight,

Your writing stuck a chord with me. We have intent of mind, a point of view, a spiritual perspective. Though I know Eccl is “on watch” by Botz – a wise man – his writing impacted me differently. I read the Biblical passage and felt very strongly about while living, "do it with thy might."

I believe the passage to be about God being in control of all things, so make the most of it, good or bad. I think the best thing about the passages cited is that if you are warned to life to the fullest, how can you not elect Christ (very tough practice)? I would like to blot out all my emotions but if prompted to live with the petal to the metal, I have to, no, I must accept loving in Christ. Then, when I’m dust, I still matter (pun intended). These are just thoughts that I’d like to put into practice. But of course if the subconscious is to be considered, the world has wrecked mine thru TV, movies etc. Therefore I always need to remind myself to call upon the Lord. Eccl questions were somehow ignored at first reading.

Oak

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

A look at Jesus on the cross with the thief shows that there is a difference. The thief who recognized Jesus as Lord went with Him to Paradise. The other thief did not. I realize this was before the resurrection and when Paradise was taken up but Jesus shows that there is a difference.

Though it makes a difference if you mean spirit or soul.