• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  116
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/25/1945

Revelation 13:1:

And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Revelation 13:2:

And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

Many have found this to be a Spiritual Metaphor for a modern day Roman Empire and I will not nor can I debate it being something else. We see that the sea is used to represent a multitude of people and using that example it is easy to see Satan´s man rising up to gain power. Some have been so bold as to proclaim this empire being composed of the countries of the European Union, I´m not at all certain of that. The Roman Empire consisted of nations from all of the known world and I tend to be more inclusive in my assessment of this reconstitution of the empire.

Revelation 13:3:

And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

It is wonderful, the method and the manner of God´s use of words. I have seen several interpretations of this one scripture and none of the convince me of their being the one explanation.

Revelation 13:4:

And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

It is important to remember, the Beast has just shone up on the radar and God has promised a peace that will be unparalleled for the first three and one half years, and this man will appear to be the author of that peace. Suddenly Satan and the Beast will be put up as God´s.

Revelation 13:5:

And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

Revelation 13:6:

And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

Revelation 13:7:

And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

Revelation 13:8:

And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Revelation 13:9:

If any man have an ear, let him hear.

Many take this to show that the Church is not raptured until the first three and a half years are completed and I, being Pretrib, do not argue with them. You see, this is one of those secondary issues and in no manor affects our mission as described in the Great Commission. (Matt. 28:18-20) It is my position that, much like in the Left Behind series, there will be Laymen, Deacons and even Pastors that were not committed, whole heartedly, and they will finally get it! Life for these later Christians will be pure persecution. All of the Lost will be out to slay them, along with the Two Witness´.

Revelation 13:10:

He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

Revelation 13:11:

And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

Revelation 13:12:

And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

Revelation 13:13:

And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

Revelation 13:14:

And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Revelation 13:15:

And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Revelation 13:16:

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

Now enters the imitator of God. I take it that the world will see this one as the ultimate peace giver and will throw open their arms to welcome him into their, very, hearts. I find it important to note, here, that the Mark is issued and nowhere before the Beasts take over is it given. Many fear the Chip that, today, is being injected into our animals and the children of the Upper Class, all over the world. All of the Banks are calling for this chip to be given to all of us, but this is not the mark. (My opinion.) There is reason to fear this chip but for the time being, at least, the Mark of the Beast is the least of the reasons.

All of our Bank Records, Criminal Records and Medical Records are accessed through this chip and still, these are not as dangerous as the primary reason to distrust the chip. These chips are read because they have an RF Signal. RF is short for Radio Frequency. Therefore the chip is locatable 365 days a year, 24/7. You cannot hide without cutting the chip out of your body.

Revelation 13:17:

And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Revelation 13:18:

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Here we find an interesting point, every Bar Code, I´m instructed, begins with a six, ends with a six and directly in the middle, is a six. And I have no firm ground to make a statement about such but it is alarming to those that are close to the Church but have not committed.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,220
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

The bar coded on most things you see in the grocery store is actually two different sets of codes and they are different. That 666 that we hear about is the standard start, switch codes, and end signals for the code. It is true that they do look like a six in one of the sets of code, but not the other. Many other codes so not have the two different sets and do not have that 666 in them.

Industrial codes have progressed to non linear codes but are a jumbled mess within a circle or rectangle. The codes at the bottom of your bank checks are not optical but are magnetic, but they do have a start switch and end code marker. The first is a start and the second switches between your bank number to your account number and then an end marker than a space or three and the actual bank check number. but they are not 6's It is read with magnetic scanners and transformed into an electrical signal to be read. It's used because of the need for high speed. These readers can run so fast that you have trouble seeing the paper move through the machines, it's a virtual blurr..... but the accuracy is phenomenal.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

The beast is a nation (Rome), personified by a man (Nero) It has nothing to do with us today. Nero is dead and I am not afraid of him. The number of the beast (Rome) is the number of a man (Nero). It is a historical fact that Nero's name adds up to 666. Nero died of a self-inflicted head wound. Rome was nearly destroyed in the civil wars that resulted from his death, but was revived once Vespasian restored stability.

Nero did make war with the saints for 42 months and he did overcome them briefly. Nero considered himself to be god and said so often, committing blasphemy. Furthermore, he spoke evil of Christians and Christ and Christianity.

Anyone who refused to burn a pinch of incense to the genus (deity) of the emperor was refused the right to buy or sell. Christianity was proclaimed religio illicita under Nero.

Your theory doesn't hold any water when examined in the light of both history and Scripture.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

The beast is a nation (Rome), personified by a man (Nero) It has nothing to do with us today. Nero is dead and I am not afraid of him. The number of the beast (Rome) is the number of a man (Nero). It is a historical fact that Nero's name adds up to 666. Nero died of a self-inflicted head wound. Rome was nearly destroyed in the civil wars that resulted from his death, but was revived once Vespasian restored stability.

Nero did make war with the saints for 42 months and he did overcome them briefly. Nero considered himself to be god and said so often, committing blasphemy. Furthermore, he spoke evil of Christians and Christ and Christianity.

Anyone who refused to burn a pinch of incense to the genus (deity) of the emperor was refused the right to buy or sell. Christianity was proclaimed religio illicita under Nero.

Your theory doesn't hold any water when examined in the light of both history and Scripture.

Bold

Nero committed suicide. This beast of Rev 13 along with the false prophet are cast alive into the lake of fire (Rev 19:20) So Nero ain't this beast you say he is.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Advanced Member

i will be less Beast-like than you have presented yourself to be here and to answer your reply I begin by asking you for the Mark of the Beast in these early Christians.

i will be less Beast-like than you have presented yourself to be here and to answer your reply I begin by asking you for the Mark of the Beast in these early Christians.

Well Bill, the early Christians didn't receive the Mark of the Beast. The Mark of the Beast was emperor worship. Believers died in droves or were in hiding rather than accept Nero as Lord. Revelation's mark bears an antithetical resemblance to another mark; the one in Deuteronomy 6. Israel was told to put the Word of God in their right hand and in their forehead. Same concept, put to evil.

• Group:  Advanced Member

Well Bill, the early Christians didn't receive the Mark of the Beast. The Mark of the Beast was emperor worship. Believers died in droves or were in hiding rather than accept Nero as Lord. Revelation's mark bears an antithetical resemblance to another mark; the one in Deuteronomy 6. Israel was told to put the Word of God in their right hand and in their forehead. Same concept, put to evil.

First, thanks for dropping the attitude. I´m going to need to disagree with your complete assessment because the day I was saved I was overcome and indwelt with the Holy Spirit of God and the Spirit within me disagrees with you.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,220
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

First, thanks for dropping the attitude. I´m going to need to disagree with your complete assessment because the day I was saved I was overcome and indwelt with the Holy Spirit of God and the Spirit within me disagrees with you.

Just about every one I know disagrees with him...... for what it's worth.

Just about every one I know disagrees with him...... for what it's worth.

Which doesn't make me incorrect. I think the reason we disagree has nothing to do with the Holy Spirit, but rather the influence of the teachers we've studied under. When I was first saved, all I ever heard was pre-millennialism. Nothing else is ever taught in American evangelical churches. The more I studied however, the more I learned several things:

1. The early Church didn't believe any of the stuff I hear today.

2. Not every segment of Christianity buys into pre-millennialism, it seems to be unique to America and to the nation in which it started (England) and to those nations where US and UK missionaries have taken it.

3. Rapturism of any kind (pre, mid or post-trib) has no basis in Scripture.

4. The Greek language doesn't support the rapture concept.

5. Jesus' words don't support the rapture concept.

6. History and Scripture concur with each other. Rapturism doesn't concur with either.

7. Any time one disagrees with a pre-millennialist, they are almost automatically labeled wrong and little or no credence is given to what they say. There is this strange, almost creepy, need amongst them to just have to be right. This results in a skewed teaching base. Rather than a base which has several eschatological theories all given equal time, pre-millennialism is always considered correct and anything else is wrong, almost to the point of being considered heresy.

Just because I disagreed with your theory, you accused me of having an attitude. I re-read my original post, there wasn't anything mean-spirited in it. I merely stated that your theory doesn't hold water in the light of Scripture and history...and it doesn't. Am I your enemy because I tell you the truth?

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Revelation 13 (NASB95)

1 And the dragon stood on the sand of the seashore.

Genesis 22:17 (NASB95)

17 indeed I will greatly bless you, and I will greatly multiply your seed as the stars of the heavens and as the sand which is on the seashore; and your seed shall possess the gate of their enemies.

Then I saw a beast coming up out of the sea,

Revelation 11:7 (NASB95)

7 When they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up out of the abyss will make war with them, and overcome them and kill them.

having ten horns

Revelation 17:12 (NASB95)

12 “The ten horns which you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but they receive authority as kings with the beast for one hour.

Zechariah 8:23 (NASB95)

23 “Thus says the Lord of hosts, ‘In those days ten men from all the nations will grasp the garment of a Jew, saying, “Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.” ’ ”

and seven heads, and on his horns were ten diadems, and on his heads were blasphemous names.

Revelation 17:7-13 (NASB95)

7 And the angel said to me, “Why do you wonder? I will tell you the mystery of the woman and of the beast that carries her, which has the seven heads and the ten horns.

8 “The beast that you saw was, and is not, and is about to come up out of the abyss and go to destruction. And those who dwell on the earth, whose name has not been written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, will wonder when they see the beast, that he was and is not and will come.

9 “Here is the mind which has wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits,

10 and they are seven kings; five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come; and when he comes, he must remain a little while.

11 “The beast which was and is not, is himself also an eighth and is one of the seven, and he goes to destruction.

12 “The ten horns which you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but they receive authority as kings with the beast for one hour.

13 “These have one purpose, and they give their power and authority to the beast.

2 And the beast which I saw was like a leopard, and his feet were like those of a bear, and his mouth like the mouth of a lion.

Daniel 7:1-7 (NASB95)

1 In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon Daniel saw a dream and visions in his mind as he lay on his bed; then he wrote the dream down and related the following summary of it.

2 Daniel said, “I was looking in my vision by night, and behold, the four winds of heaven were stirring up the great sea.

3 “And four great beasts were coming up from the sea, different from one another.

4 “The first was like a lion and had the wings of an eagle. I kept looking until its wings were plucked, and it was lifted up from the ground and made to stand on two feet like a man; a human mind also was given to it.

5 “And behold, another beast, a second one, resembling a bear. And it was raised up on one side, and three ribs were in its mouth between its teeth; and thus they said to it, ‘Arise, devour much meat!’

6 “After this I kept looking, and behold, another one, like a leopard, which had on its back four wings of a bird; the beast also had four heads, and dominion was given to it.

7 “After this I kept looking in the night visions, and behold, a fourth beast, dreadful and terrifying and extremely strong; and it had large iron teeth. It devoured and crushed and trampled down the remainder with its feet; and it was different from all the beasts that were before it, and it had ten horns.

And the dragon gave him his power and his throne and great authority.

Luke 22:3 (NASB95)

3 And Satan entered into Judas who was called Iscariot, belonging to the number of the twelve.

John 13:26-27 (NASB95)

26 Jesus then answered, “That is the one for whom I shall dip the morsel and give it to him.” So when He had dipped the morsel, He took and gave it to Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot.

27 After the morsel, Satan then entered into him. Therefore Jesus said to him, “What you do, do quickly.”

Acts 1:25 (NASB95)

25 to occupy this ministry and apostleship from which Judas turned aside to go to his own place.”

3 I saw one of his heads as if it had been slain, and his fatal wound was healed. And the whole earth was amazed and followed after the beast;

7 When they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up out of the abyss will make war with them, and overcome them and kill them.

Revelation 17:8 (NASB95)

8 “The beast that you saw was, and is not, and is about to come up out of the abyss and go to destruction. And those who dwell on the earth, whose name has not been written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, will wonder when they see the beast, that he was and is not and will come.

Revelation 20:1-3 (NASB95)

1 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand.

2 And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;

3 and he threw him into the abyss, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he would not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were completed; after these things he must be released for a short time.

4 they worshiped the dragon because he gave his authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast, and who is able to wage war with him?”

Matthew 24:24 (NASB95)

24 “For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.

2 Thessalonians 2:9 (NASB95)

9 that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders,

5 There was given to him a mouth speaking arrogant words and blasphemies,

Daniel 11:36-37 (NASB95)

36 “Then the king will do as he pleases, and he will exalt and magnify himself above every god and will speak monstrous things against the God of gods; and he will prosper until the indignation is finished, for that which is decreed will be done.

37 “He will show no regard for the gods of his fathers or for the desire of women, nor will he show regard for any other god; for he will magnify himself above them all.

and authority to act for forty-two months was given to him.

Revelation 11:2 (NASB95)

2 “Leave out the court which is outside the temple and do not measure it, for it has been given to the nations; and they will tread under foot the holy city for forty-two months.

Daniel 7:25 (NASB95)

25 ‘He will speak out against the Most High and wear down the saints of the Highest One, and he will intend to make alterations in times and in law; and they will be given into his hand for a time, times, and half a time.

Daniel 12:7 (NASB95)

7 I heard the man dressed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, as he raised his right hand and his left toward heaven, and swore by Him who lives forever that it would be for a time, times, and half a time; and as soon as they finish shattering the power of the holy people, all these events will be completed.

Revelation 12:14 (NASB95)

14 But the two wings of the great eagle were given to the woman, so that she could fly into the wilderness to her place, where she was nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent.

Revelation 11:3 (NASB95)

3 “And I will grant authority to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for twelve hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth.”

Revelation 12:6 (NASB95)

6 Then the woman fled into the wilderness where she had a place prepared by God, so that there she would be nourished for one thousand two hundred and sixty days.

6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemies against God, to blaspheme His name and His tabernacle, that is, those who dwell in heaven.

2 Thessalonians 2:3-11 (NASB95)

3 Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction,

4 who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God.

5 Do you not remember that while I was still with you, I was telling you these things?

6 And you know what restrains him now, so that in his time he will be revealed.

7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way.

8 Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming;

9 that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders,

10 and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved.

11 For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false,

7 It was also given to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them,

Revelation 12 (NASB95)

1 A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars; (see Genesis 37:9-10 for her identity)

2 and she was with child; and she cried out, being in labor and in pain to give birth.

3 Then another sign appeared in heaven: and behold, a great red dragon having seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads were seven diadems.

4 And his tail swept away a third of the stars of heaven and threw them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she gave birth he might devour her child.

5 And she gave birth to a son, a male child, who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron; and her child was caught up to God and to His throne.

6 Then the woman fled into the wilderness where she had a place prepared by God, so that there she would be nourished for one thousand two hundred and sixty days.

7 And there was war in heaven, Michael and his angels waging war with the dragon. The dragon and his angels waged war,

8 and they were not strong enough, and there was no longer a place found for them in heaven.

9 And the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.

10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, “Now the salvation, and the power, and the kingdom of our God and the authority of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren has been thrown down, he who accuses them before our God day and night.

11 “And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life even when faced with death.

12 “For this reason, rejoice, O heavens and you who dwell in them. Woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, knowing that he has only a short time.”

13 And when the dragon saw that he was thrown down to the earth, he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male child.

14 But the two wings of the great eagle were given to the woman, so that she could fly into the wilderness to her place, where she was nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent.

15 And the serpent poured water like a river out of his mouth after the woman, so that he might cause her to be swept away with the flood.

16 But the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and drank up the river which the dragon poured out of his mouth.

17 So the dragon was enraged with the woman, and went off to make war with the rest of her children, who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus.

and authority over every tribe and people and tongue and nation was given to him.8 All who dwell on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who has been slain.

9 If anyone has an ear, let him hear.

10 If anyone is destined for captivity, to captivity he goes; if anyone kills with the sword, with the sword he must be killed. Here is the perseverance and the faith of the saints.

11 Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb and he spoke as a dragon.

Daniel 7:8 (NASB95)

8 “While I was contemplating the horns, behold, another horn, a little one, came up among them, and three of the first horns were pulled out by the roots before it; and behold, this horn possessed eyes like the eyes of a man and a mouth uttering great boasts.

12 He exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence. And he makes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose fatal wound was healed.

Revelation 17:8 (NASB95)

Revelation 20:1-3 (NASB95)

1 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand.

2 And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;

3 and he threw him into the abyss, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he would not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were completed; after these things he must be released for a short time.

13 He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down out of heaven to the earth in the presence of men.

14 And he deceives those who dwell on the earth because of the signs which it was given him to perform in the presence of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who had the wound of the sword and has come to life.15 And it was given to him to give breath to the image of the beast, so that the image of the beast would even speak and cause as many as do not worship the image of the beast to be killed.

Matthew 24:24 (NASB95)

24 “For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.

2 Thessalonians 2:9 (NASB95)

16 And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead,

17 and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name.

Revelation 14:9-10 (NASB95)

9 Then another angel, a third one, followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand,

10 he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mixed in full strength in the cup of His anger; and he will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.

Revelation 16:2 (NASB95)

2 So the first angel went and poured out his bowl on the earth; and it became a loathsome and malignant sore on the people who had the mark of the beast and who worshiped his image.

Revelation 19:20 (NASB95)

20 And the beast was seized, and with him the false prophet who performed the signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image; these two were thrown alive into the lake of fire which burns with brimstone.

Revelation 15:2 (NASB95)

2 And I saw something like a sea of glass mixed with fire, and those who had been victorious over the beast and his image and the number of his name, standing on the sea of glass, holding harps of God.

18 Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for the number is that of a man; and his number is six hundred and sixty-six.

Ezra 2:13 (NASB95)

13 the sons of Adonikam, 666;

Nehemiah 7:18 (NASB95)

18 the sons of Adonikam, 667; (adonai qum = "risen lord")

1 Kings 10:14 (NASB95)

14 Now the weight of gold which came in to Solomon in one year was 666 talents of gold,

2 Chronicles 9:13 (NASB95)

13 Now the weight of gold which came to Solomon in one year was 666 talents of gold,