tsth

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Now for the book of JOB. It is my observation that from the beginning of creation up until JOB that the doctrine of being tested by the LORD was not done or even considered possible. But with JOB the LORD introduced A new way of thinking "being tested" which was a likness of things to come.

Re 2:10

Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

In CHRIST JESUS  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

AMEN idied2! And having experienced this "testing/affliction first hand. I know what it accomplishes!!! It is a major experience! It was crucial for me, and I truly cherish that it happened. I totally understand it, and give thanks for it. It is a wake-up/shake-up call for anyone who has not yet experienced a "true" relationship with the Lord God Almighty! It is life-changing, and just like Job, will begin a "new" life in Christ! It did for me.

On the other hand, I am seeing many, who will not heed the voice of the Lord God. They will look all around at everything else, rather than to their Creator. They will desire to stay "bound in fetters" rather than cry out to the Lord. (see Psalms 107)

Job 33:14 For God may speak in one way, or in another, Yet man does not perceive it. 15 In a dream, in a vision of the night, When deep sleep falls upon men, While slumbering on their beds, 16 Then He opens the ears of men, And seals their instruction. 17 In order to turn man from his deed, And conceal pride from man, 18 He keeps back his soul from the Pit, And his life from perishing by the sword.

19 "Man is also chastened with pain on his bed, And with strong pain in many of his bones, 20 So that his life abhors bread, And his soul succulent food. 21 His flesh wastes away from sight, And his bones stick out which once were not seen. 22 Yes, his soul draws near the Pit, And his life to the executioners. 23 "If there is a messenger for him, A mediator, one among a thousand, To show man His uprightness, 24 Then He is gracious to him, and says, 'Deliver him from going down to the Pit; I have found a ransom'; 25 His flesh shall be young like a child's, He shall return to the days of his youth. 26 He shall pray to God, and He will delight in him, He shall see His face with joy, For He restores to man His righteousness. 27 Then he looks at men and says, 'I have sinned, and perverted what was right, And it did not profit me.' 28 He will redeem his soul from going down to the Pit, And his life shall see the light.

29 "Behold, God works all these things, Twice, in fact, three times with a man, 30 To bring back his soul from the Pit, That he may be enlightened with the light of life. 31 "Give ear, Job, listen to me; Hold your peace, and I will speak. 32 If you have anything to say, answer me; Speak, for I desire to justify you. 33 If not, listen to me; Hold your peace, and I will teach you wisdom."

Job 36:5 "Behold, God is mighty, but despises no one; He is mighty in strength of understanding. 6 He does not preserve the life of the wicked, But gives justice to the oppressed. 7 He does not withdraw His eyes from the righteous; But they are on the throne with kings, For He has seated them forever, And they are exalted. 8 And if they are bound in fetters, Held in the cords of affliction, 9 Then He tells them their work and their transgressions-- That they have acted defiantly. 10 He also opens their ear to instruction, And commands that they turn from iniquity. 11 If they obey and serve Him, They shall spend their days in prosperity, And their years in pleasures. 12 But if they do not obey, They shall perish by the sword, And they shall die without knowledge. 13 "But the hypocrites in heart store up wrath; They do not cry for help when He binds them. 14 They die in youth, And their life ends among the perverted persons.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Edited by tsth

Ro 8:18

For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

YA RECKON?

In CHRIST JESUS :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

YEP! I SURE ENOUGH DO!

:hug:

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  247
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Now for the book of JOB. It is my observation that from the beginning of creation up until JOB that the doctrine of being tested by the LORD was not done or even considered possible. But with JOB the LORD introduced A new way of thinking "being tested" which was a likness of things to come.

whats new about that? God left Adam alone with Eve and satan in the Garden of Eden to be tested didn't he?

all these are figures and types. mere shadows of He who was to come. Job was not perfect, but, God sees him as perfect because of Job's faith, which naturally leads one to repentance. Job's sacrificings were never able to forgive sins, but merely a representation of faith, a shadow of things to come.

Heb 10:1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

whats new about that? God left Adam alone with Eve and satan in the Garden of Eden to be tested didn't he?

Can I say in how you worded that it sounds like you are putting Eve and satan in the same catagory. Wouldn't it be God left Adam and Eve? Not just Adam.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  247
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

whats new about that?
Edited by sail2awe

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Anyways.....thats another subject. :cool:

• Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Suzanne,

I am re-reading and finding so much that I haven't had the time to post. Right now the kids are loud and I can't concentrate.

Chapter 1 has a lot of stuff!

I'll try to stay up late and post when it gets quiet.

I know what you mean Wordsower. I haven't had time to be on this weekend either. Maybe tonight for me too???

Dunno?

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Well, the more I read the more I find and the more I find the less time I figure I am gonna have to post it all.

It looks like a huge explanation for the whole big picture, but I'm not sure.

Job lived in Uz, which means firmness and Job's name means returning.

There is a definate parallel to Jesus that can be ignored and then I have thoughts on why he had 7 sons and 3 daughters--a total of 10 children, but I don't want to speculate.

Sons would go and feast in their houses on their appointed days and invite their sisters..hmmm when the feasting days were over he would send and sanctify them offering sacrifices for them all.

Any thoughts on any of this?

Was Job supposed to be offering sacrifices for his children? He said the thing that he had feared had come upon him, was he supposed to be in fear?

I think Eliphaz responded like many of us today might have. "Dude, what sin is in your life to cause all of this?? If it were me, I'd seek God." yep, sounds like something I might say.

Bildad seems to have an encouraging word, yep it's bad, but it's gonna get better.

Job shows that he understands the sovereignty of God in Chapter 9

Chapter 14?? Why does Job think there is nothing after death?

Well, looks like I have more questions then I do contribution.

I'll check back in.

• Group:  Soapbox - Members
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  02/11/1932

Chapter 14?? Why does Job think there is nothing after death?

Job is looking to the resurection of the dead. This is what the Jews believed and still do. They had no belief in "going to heaven." Compare this with:

John 11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

They looked forward to the resurrection of the dead. Going to heaven is a Christian doctrine that I believe some could question.

When you get to the last chapter I will jump in again with a thought unless someone mentions it first.