panza70

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I understand in scripture that we won't find "gay", but i believe this is what God is talking about. I know that "sodomite" means prostitute. Could i have your comments, please?.... :)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

I understand in scripture that we won't find "gay", but i believe this is what God is talking about. I know that "sodomite" means prostitute. Could i have your comments, please?.... :)

Sodomy ( /ˈsɒdəmi/) is an anal or other copulation-like act, especially between male persons or between a man and animal, and one who practices sodomy is a "sodomite".[

Can't get any more clear than that. I know the gay population likes us to believe that a sodomite is one who engages in prostitution, but the dictionary has the full true meaning.

Keep in mind that these are not my words...so I am not up to argue about it. It is just simple dictionary defintion

Guest shiloh357

Actually sodomite is a way the Bible refers to homosexuals. It refers to prostitutes as harlots.

It can also refer to heterosexual couples who engage in anal sex or sex with animals

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

I believe that it is although it may not be termed the way that we necessarily would in this day.

Ge 19:5

And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men who came in to you this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.

Le 18:22

You shall not lie with a man, as with a woman: it is abomination.

Le 20:13

If a man also lies with a man, as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Jg 19:22

¶ Now as they were making their hearts merry, behold, the men of the city, certain sons of Belial, beset the house round about, and beat at the door, and spoke to the master of the house, the old man, saying, Bring forth the man that came into your house, that we may know him.

1Ki 14:24

And there were also male prostitutes in the land: and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the LORD cast out before the children of Israel.

Ro 1:26

For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

Ro 1:27

And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is shameful, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was fitting.

1Co 6:9

¶ Know you not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

1Ti 1:10

For fornicators, for homosexuals, for slave traders, for liars, for perjurers, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

Jude 1:7

Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after unnatural lust, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

My thought is that it is sin, no matter what people are referring to.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

It can also refer to heterosexual couples who engage in anal sex or sex with animals

I'll never and I mean never let a doctor check my prostate again. :21: just kidding, it just came to mind.

I'll never and I mean never let a doctor check my prostate again. :21: just kidding, it just came to mind.

Bahahahahaha!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

The term is found only once in scripture (Deuteronomy 23:17) and refers to shrine prostitutes (both male and female) for male "clients."

Which brings up an interesting subject.

Perversion.

The adulteration of what God created and intended to be sanctified relations between a husband and a wife in private for purposes of expressing love and procreation.

Is it just the homosexuals who pervert what God created and intended?

We who have made a mockery of marriage for generations with serial monogamy (the divorce and remarriage) and the lustful / lust-provoking (provocative) apparel and activities we tolerate and encourage in society (in public) and in front of the most impressionable youth... dare we stand on our soapboxes and stab a bony finger at a gay parade and cry "Pervert!" ?

Have we not convicted ourselves in that we haven't the moral capital to put down the more depraved perversions (more depraved than our own).

I wonder...

who has the mote in their eye and who the beam?

A flaming homosexual who is an unbeliever and who has no reason to show moral restraint...

...or we who have the Truth in our hearts and our Bibles and who are the salt and light of the world but who practice adultery in the way we dress and the way we are always watching others with lust in our hearts.

Our sins seem such minor things compared to those of the world / unchurched. But isn't it rather our "minor" indiscretions being played out more fully in the world?

Meaning that if we in the Church / the Body Christian / the Israel of God got our act together, the world would follow our lead...

Any thoughts?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

My grandmother often referred to "gay" as happy. I remember as a child even the Flintstone cartoon song used the word as "happy." :)

"When you're with the Flintstones you'll have a yabba dabba doo time. A dabba doo time. You'll have a gay old time."

The homosexual community that I have witnessed to from time to time, are anything but happy... :(

Just like anyone else though, as opportunity permits, prayerfully give them the Gospel message of the Lord Jesus Christ.

If time does not permit, I find most people in general no matter what flavor of sin they are into, will generally take a Christian Tract.

This is by no means exhaustive on these sexual sins of vice that are plaguing this and other nations...

Sadly, the U.S. is making a few of them "legal" now... Hawaii and Delaware just this Jan 1st. Sigh...

- Adulterer, (Sex outside of marriage) Exo 20:14, Deu 5:18

- Fornicator, (Sex without marriage) Acts 15:20, 29

- Rape, (Force someone) to have sex against their will, Genesis 34:1-3, 2 Samuel 13:10-16)

- Incestuous relationships, (Sex with family members,) whether forced or not, 1Corinthians 5:1, Leviticus 18:6-18)

- Bestiality, (sex with animals,) Leviticus 18:23-24),

- Transvestism, (Those who are pretending to be a woman, when really a man and viceversa) Deut. 22:5

- Sodomite (Homosexual, sex with same sex,) Romans 1:26-27, Jude 1:7, Leviticus 20:13)

Sex is blessed in marriage, and in no other place. When outside of marriage, God always considers it SIN.

1Co 6:18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

When preaching and private talk are not available, you need to have a tract ready . . . Get good striking tracts, or none at all. But a touching gospel tract may be the seed of eternal life. Therefore, do not go out without your tracts ~ Charles Spurgeon