• Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,774
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

1 hour ago, Vine Abider said:

UPDATE:  Just saw I was responding to a post from almost 20 years ago!  

Not much has changed as far as the vision.  :)

Just keep pressing forward!  :)

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

6 hours ago, George said:

We actually started it in 2001, but we did a mass software switch about 2 years in.

We started Worthy News in 1999.  Then Worthy Chat in 2000.  Worthy Christian Forums in 2001.

Each year, I try to add something substantial to the Worthy Network of sites.

Last year's project was the Mobile App for both Apple and Android platforms.

yeah, and then OO came in 2003....   and Last started in 2004 and it just exploded to greatness after all that.   LoL

I know, I'm soooo   bad....

• Haha 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

On 10/2/2004 at 10:37 AM, George said:

This is a problem that I do have and I want to voice my concerns now and I hope you carefully heed these words. When someone comes into the boards, who is not necessarily a Christian -- the first thing you should do is NOT castigate them.

It would be nice if that applied to new Christians who have No formal training and still on milk.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

2 minutes ago, coheir said:

It would be nice if that applied to new Christians who have No formal training and still on milk.

@coheir This is indeed proving to be a long thread.

Some threads seem to peter out very soon; others seem to run and run............

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

On 9/5/2022 at 11:22 AM, com7fy8 said:

And yet, unity in Jesus does not come only with having the same beliefs.

So, what ones have done is get divided over what does not give true unity.

And so it can be a decoy trick, how ones can claim to seek unity mainly or only by trying to get everyone to agree on the same ideas and practices.

Why does Jesus have such perfect unity with our Father? Not of works! Not because of what They do.

But Jesus and our Father have the same character of love: almighty and gentle and humble and sweetly pleasant and caring and sharing as family. And in this character of love is ability to know what is right and do what is right. In God's love we have creativity for how to love any person while sharing as family :)

Our unity is in family caring and sharing love > not in conforming only or mainly to copy-cat forms of worship and doctrines and practices, but being conformed to the image of Jesus, by being corrected by God in our character as Hrbrews 12:4-14 guarantees every child of God (note Hebrews 12:8).

And in this character there is God's own glory.

Jesus Himself has claimed this in prayer >

"'And the glory which You gave Me I have given Them, that they may be one just as We are one: I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.'" (John 17:22-23)

So, Jesus has claimed this unity in God's own glory of His love shared with us. Jesus has prayed this according to His own faith! So, this is guaranteed to all who have trusted in Christ (Ephesians 1:12) for all God desires to do with us.

God is already succeeding in doing this in whomever is submitting to Him. But there are ones distracted and troubled about how to act and talk, and what show they are supposed to put on.

"But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him." (1 Corinthians 6:17)

By being "one spirit with" Jesus, a person's character can be changed to be like Christ, so we are pleasing to our Father like Jesus is, plus we can love like Jesus as His family. This is what I think is God's basic for having His unity in His people.

So, in case certain people are not getting unity with their efforts and methods, it could be they are trying to get unity by use of outward things of beliefs statements and practices. 

So, then - - - in case what you are doing is not working, this can be because what you are doing is what does not work!

But God in us succeeds >

"for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure " (Philippians 2:13)

"Therefore submit to God." (in James 4:7)

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

Each one who obeys God in His peace is now already in the unity which our Father now already has in the ruling of His peace :)

I think John's First Epistle contains a lot of helpful material about maintaining fellowship based on truth and light.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Excellent thread...

I dont think that George, who started this "experiment" in 2004. is even aware what did he produce with this in the Christian world, and how big it is what he has created.  Impacts of this thread are surpasing this forum, and call for union, created by George, resulted in response in a faraway places, that slowly role back...

Only now im beggining to understand why it is this forum. I came here recently, confusingly asking for some answers and searching for one person. But as Im reading more and more im starting to get the picture. George has find great mercy in God. Holy alliance is made, as a result of Georges call upon union between all the Christians, that s rising to confront the red dragon, and that holy alliance is not ecumenism...

Edited by A.J.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19

On 1/16/2023 at 4:18 PM, farouk said:

@coheir This is indeed proving to be a long thread.

Some threads seem to peter out very soon; others seem to run and run............

After almost twenty years of existance, this thread is actually just beggining. It will become immortal.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.40

On 10/2/2004 at 5:28 PM, nagwalk said:

I must congratulate you George for your bold initiative.

Years ago as a young PAOC Indian minister,(AOG) I was talking to Harold Bredson, a Catholic priest and a Reformed layman.

The reformed laman said, "Alfie, you will never get me to worship God like you. You are loud, irrreverant. On the other hand, I know I could never get you to worship God like me. You think I am a dried up old prune. But, Alfie, lets rejoice in the One that we have in common." I replied, "Thats good enough for me."

That experience has helped me build bridges over the last 35 years without compromising the Truth of the Faith.

A few years later, a person of another Pentecostal denomination dropped in to visit before our camp meeting started.

I'd never met him before.

He proceeded to open his bible and show me where in his opinion I was wrong in my doctrine.

I allowed him to continue for a while then I stopped him and asked how he felt free having never met me before to attempt to correct my doctrinal position.

I proceeded to tell him the story I have just told you.

When I finished, he became quiet, his face was flushed and he sat there for a long time saying nothing. After what seemed like an eternity, he stood and said, "Well brother, thats good enough for me too!"

We had a wonderfull camp meeting that year.

Hello nagwalk, this is my first post after joining the forum just a few days ago, and it did my heart good to see you were an AOG pastor. My father was an Elim pastor in the UK, so I grew up in a Pentecostal Four Square church. I feel as though I am in the right place, at long last, after being on several forums. Looking forward to having fellowship here. May God bless.     

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  334
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  1

I have found that approaching disagreements is a lifelong process of learning and becoming proficient in it, without being headstrong in one's concern. It is particularly difficult for one who is headstrong by nature, and I am one of those.

As a brand new Christian in 1983 I was so full of joy, but with as yet very little knowledge, that I felt if people just heard this good news they would flock to it. I think that is fairly common and also that before any of us came to Christ, we all experienced these people and with great annoyance.

For 23 years I was a charismatic arminianist. It was the only thing around outside traditional denominations, who they called the dead churches. My brother was the first to be introduced to Reformed theology, or Calvinism and he brought that to me. I took to it like a duck to water as it was an answer to my cry that not even I understood, "I want to learn about God!"

In the beginning, and this was true also with my brother, I was so delighted, so deeply moved by what I was leaning about God, grace, His love, a personal relationship, the atonement, as though I were peering into the depths of these things that I never knew were there, that just as when I was a new Christian, I thought if people just see these things they have not been shown before, they will be as delighted as I was. Not so.

My oldest sister is a charismatic and deeply involved in some of the more radical areas of it. It came to the point where we could not speak of our faith or the things of God because it brought hard feelings. But as I grew and learned, though I still find those things I have left behind to be off the mark, as well as the free will argument, and I will defend my beliefs with scripture, those in Christ through faith are brothers and sisters in Christ. It does not matter how they think that came about, by God's choice or theirs, it is the faith that saves. From my view they have that faith because God gave it to them, therefore I can let it rest there.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  21

What I have found in my own path is that if we set the standard of The All as True, the way opens up.  The All, as embodied by Christ, is what Elohim created in the beginning by vibrating in the same moment as creating vibration(speaking the word - to begin speaking) as well as Elohim itself (there is no separation but until we can see that it can help to set Elohim and the manifest All as relative to each other to speak about them until they become one cohesive All (which is separated into forms of The All - which is required so we have relative points to speak relative to - without such even a vibration has no place to vibrate)).  I understand this is confusing for some but it's really not that difficult if you relate it to silence, sitting in silence and then speaking (an analogy that also works as sitting still and then moving or deeper yet, moving your body to create something such as a table or life).  I like to split The All into manifest and unmanifest but they are not really separate, it just helps us as humans sometimes to realize the universe and everything in it, and that which is way beyond all that is within all universes if you will. 

Now The All is undeniable as we experience it and always have since we began experiencing within a physical form - this is Christ.  Christ, as the son, then takes on the form that we know and love as the embodiment of infinite love into each moment of now (now I understand the old roman way of understanding Christs teachings in Hebrew and Aramaic uses different language but it doesn't change these facts).  By having a central point of The All embodied it becomes easier to read the bible and thus the central point for restoration of The Word through Christ - as the different groups of christians are all man made concoctions due to ego and collective ego (something this group and this post recognize as being false as there is no separation from God or Christ).  Using this approach and going The All "down" if you will, you can start to see how Christ spoke through the multiple layers of existence - his word doesn't exist solely on a written level but it is within the vibration of light itself as he was the embodiment of The All's light. 

We learn this in Genesis but the people at the time would not have had the same grasp of the manifest world that we do thousands of years laters with all our human observations of the world.  It is this easy step we all first learn, but reformated in a modern language, that helps us all reunite.  Because we can all agree The All is real and is self evident.  Now we have the parthenogenesis (a reflection of Elohim both creating and entering the Shkina(manifest All in as the feminine receiving of the now(ie. light from the not yet manifest that is undifferentiated)) of Jesus 2023 years ago (literally a rebirth of time as humans experience it on earth vs. the larger scale birth of the Now and manifest All when Elohim created time), a mirror of his father from the second his DNA was created within the womb of Mary.  From here, we can start building out and testing that which is of God, and thus infinitely loving, or that which is of man, the part that is being refined over time to be ready for the kingdom of God not just at the end of our physical forms but on earth as well (obviously it's a process that was started and that we complete - which we, in english, call our path, spiritual path or life).

Knowing this in my words, and then in your own is the way to salvation by aligning all the differing ways different humans have been able to interpret what has been and what always will be, for even if existence were to end tomorrow, the end of ends being much less than that - there would still be The All and it was Good <3

Edited by jzatopa
clarity