• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 10/2/2004 at 11:37 AM, George said:

when all the different denominations were starting!

In Revelation there are 7 churches. I think all the churches today are one of those 7. They were all told to take the gospel to the whole world or to the ends of the world. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  391
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Birthday:  08/03/1958

On 10/2/2004 at 11:37 AM, George said:

Hello my brothers and sisters in the Lord,

Most people don't realize the radical experiment we are doing here! I want you to imagine yourself -- hundreds of years ago -- when all the different denominations were starting! While everyone was insisting their beliefs were the "only" correct way to worship God -- they were creating more and more splits and divisions!

What we are trying to do at Worthy Boards is unheard of when you think about it! We are trying to unify the body -- while at the same time protect those fundamental truths that we can all agree with -- the need for salvation through Jesus -- the source of truth for living the Christian life found within the Bible. Read our Statement of faith! This experiment hasn't happened before when you really consider it!

Of course, there's the ecumenical movement -- unity for the sake of doctrinal compromises! I'm sorry, but the fundamental doctrines of the faith can't be compromised.

So often though when you have so many different denominations, you have many different avenues of thought that have never been explored by other denominations. Just because a teaching is "different" than one you are used to hearing, doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong -- it may be just different!

But differences of opinion is actually a good thing whether you realize it or not! For God didn't create us to be the SAME body part -- but created us all different so that we could join together to form the body of Christ to complement each other!

Oftentimes I learn by realizing other avenues of thinking presented by various believers. By allowing various avenues of thoughts we expand our horizons and allow the Spirit of God to realign our thoughts with the mind of Christ and continue our growth in the maturity of the Lord.

So before you run out and cry "heretic" or "false teacher", be sure to carefully listen, and observe what someone is saying. I honestly believe that things "heard through the grapevine" have a way of being twisted -- but if you go to the source then you can carefully examine the fruit -- test the fruit -- and then make a judgment -- often times you may find that the red grape you were expecting to find was just a white grape -- it was just a different color, but when you examined the fruit -- you find out its still good fruit!

We need to recognize that every word spoken, we will be judged for. And everyone that is hindered from hearing the gospel because someone feels the need to scream - heretic, false prophet, or demeaning someone in some fashion -- let's just say I wouldn't want to be that person sitting before the Lord at the Bema Seat!

This is a problem that I do have and I want to voice my concerns now and I hope you carefully heed these words. When someone comes into the boards, who is not necessarily a Christian -- the first thing you should do is NOT castigate them.

The first thing you should do before you even post -- what would Jesus do? Did Jesus say -- get away from me you prostitute? or get away from me you heathen? or say give me the first stone because I am without sin?

Jesus didn't go closing doors, He went forth OPENING the DOOR so ALL could enter in!

This was the Lord's prayer to the Father before He was crucified! That we may all be ONE! My wife and I don't agree on everything -- but when we disagree -- we agree to disagree! Sometimes it's best to say -- I agree to disagree!

Love breaks down walls of division and covers a multitude of sins! So may the Love of God be abundant in your hearts so that the world can be radically changed through you!

May the love of God be shown in all of your posts!

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George

Acts 17 : 22-31

Paul sought an opportunity to witness to the folk. What I like about this account, or I think it was this account, is that Paul was going to wait for others. Do so quietly,  BUT the spirit stirred him. I have learned the value of realizing that once we give our lives over to His Command, that I should be aware of His presence at all times, and be open to being stirred by the spirit and respond accordingly. 

Remember when Jesus told the boys to "..cast their net on the other side" ? I felt as though God wasn't telling me to stop what I was  doing,  rather  where to do it. In effect I, if I accepted, was acknowledging that I had a new Boss. 

The fact that the boys did as He suggested despite their feelings that it would not  matter is reassuring,  as often I too couldn't see the benefits of some instructions.  But, the rewards from Him to those who obey, hauled in an enormous catch, is encouraging. And yes I have been rewarded in this life and I get excited to see my rewards in the next life.

Thanks George for the submittal.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 7/2/2022 at 5:30 PM, Dan Knight said:

I have learned the value of realizing that once we give our lives over to His Command, that I should be aware of His presence at all times, and be open to being stirred by the spirit and respond accordingly. 

default_thumbsup.gif.59fbdbe3665b9e69ef40ba27d81432fe.gif  The key....

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  2,240
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,365
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

This is a very old thread. Most of the pe0ple responding probably are not on Worthy any longer. It is a good message. Denominations are not important. 

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  2,240
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,365
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

On 10/2/2004 at 8:37 AM, George said:

Hello my brothers and sisters in the Lord,

Most people don't realize the radical experiment we are doing here! I want you to imagine yourself -- hundreds of years ago -- when all the different denominations were starting! While everyone was insisting their beliefs were the "only" correct way to worship God -- they were creating more and more splits and divisions!

What we are trying to do at Worthy Boards is unheard of when you think about it! We are trying to unify the body -- while at the same time protect those fundamental truths that we can all agree with -- the need for salvation through Jesus -- the source of truth for living the Christian life found within the Bible. Read our Statement of faith! This experiment hasn't happened before when you really consider it!

Of course, there's the ecumenical movement -- unity for the sake of doctrinal compromises! I'm sorry, but the fundamental doctrines of the faith can't be compromised.

So often though when you have so many different denominations, you have many different avenues of thought that have never been explored by other denominations. Just because a teaching is "different" than one you are used to hearing, doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong -- it may be just different!

But differences of opinion is actually a good thing whether you realize it or not! For God didn't create us to be the SAME body part -- but created us all different so that we could join together to form the body of Christ to complement each other!

Oftentimes I learn by realizing other avenues of thinking presented by various believers. By allowing various avenues of thoughts we expand our horizons and allow the Spirit of God to realign our thoughts with the mind of Christ and continue our growth in the maturity of the Lord.

So before you run out and cry "heretic" or "false teacher", be sure to carefully listen, and observe what someone is saying. I honestly believe that things "heard through the grapevine" have a way of being twisted -- but if you go to the source then you can carefully examine the fruit -- test the fruit -- and then make a judgment -- often times you may find that the red grape you were expecting to find was just a white grape -- it was just a different color, but when you examined the fruit -- you find out its still good fruit!

We need to recognize that every word spoken, we will be judged for. And everyone that is hindered from hearing the gospel because someone feels the need to scream - heretic, false prophet, or demeaning someone in some fashion -- let's just say I wouldn't want to be that person sitting before the Lord at the Bema Seat!

This is a problem that I do have and I want to voice my concerns now and I hope you carefully heed these words. When someone comes into the boards, who is not necessarily a Christian -- the first thing you should do is NOT castigate them.

The first thing you should do before you even post -- what would Jesus do? Did Jesus say -- get away from me you prostitute? or get away from me you heathen? or say give me the first stone because I am without sin?

Jesus didn't go closing doors, He went forth OPENING the DOOR so ALL could enter in!

This was the Lord's prayer to the Father before He was crucified! That we may all be ONE! My wife and I don't agree on everything -- but when we disagree -- we agree to disagree! Sometimes it's best to say -- I agree to disagree!

Love breaks down walls of division and covers a multitude of sins! So may the Love of God be abundant in your hearts so that the world can be radically changed through you!

May the love of God be shown in all of your posts!

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George

Great post, thank you for sharing.

Love always, Walter and Debbie

Edited by Walter and Deborah
More info.
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,208
  • Content Per Day:  2.08

I am an "editor." I am definitely an "editor." .......

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

5 hours ago, missmuffet said:

This is a very old thread. Most of the pe0ple responding probably are not on Worthy any longer. It is a good message. Denominations are not important. 

I'm not even sure all of them are alive.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  1

On 7/18/2022 at 5:35 PM, other one said:

I'm not even sure all of them are alive.

Do you still remember Butero and Yowm?  Fun times..
Your post reminds me of my contacts on my phone, and on my email contacts. 
There are about 25 percent or more gone on to their eternal rest.
I do not want to forget them, so I have not deleted them. Yet.
Many are years old.
Some day, I also will eventually be deleted.......

And I get excited thinking about it............default_cool2.gif.9f6b3841989bb482feb24d6599e20e7e.gif

• Thumbs Up 1