Ervin

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I am interested in your answer to this very important question and that is: Is God Yahweh or Jesus? Wich one of those two names is Gods name? Or is it both?

In any case can you provide evidence please?

Thanks

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  517
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

I am interested in your answer to this very important question and that is: Is God Yahweh or Jesus? Wich one of those two names is Gods name? Or is it both?

In any case can you provide evidence please?

Thanks

Yahweh is God and Jesus is His image seen as flesh and blood. The names aren't as important as who those names belong to.

Why is the question important to you?

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Well, if I was to start praying(by the way I intent on going to Uniting church in Melbourne this weekend), should I say dear God Yahweh .......... In the name of Jesus Christ amen? Or some other option where Jesus is God?

If Jesus is God then how do you pray?

Also I need to work out wether I am to believe in trinitarianism or unitarianism!

It's hard working it out on your own.

Thanks

Edited by Ervin

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I usually pray "Dear God". I know that Yahweh is Jesus is God, so it doesn't really matter which title you direct your prayers to. God knows all so He knows your intent.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Well, if I was to start praying(by the way I intent on going to Uniting church in Melbourne this weekend), should I say dear God Yahweh .......... In the name of Jesus Christ amen? Or some other option where Jesus is God?

Also I need to work out wether I am to believe in trinitarianism or unitarianism!

Thanks

Speak what is in your heart. Don't try to make it sound "correct" or "perfect", just be honest in humility. One thing I realized a long time ago was that He already knew what I felt, so being honest became easy.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

Yahweh (YHWH) is God, and generally out of respect for Him, we don't utter those words, but we say either Adonai, or in the English translations, anywhere LORD is written in capital letters, LORD represents YHWH.

I am interested in your answer to this very important question and that is: Is God Yahweh or Jesus? Which one of those two names is Gods name? Or is it both?

In any case can you provide evidence please?....

God

And it came to pass, that, when the sun went down, and it was dark, behold a smoking furnace, and a burning lamp that passed between those pieces.

In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates: Genesis 15:17-18

God

Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. Isaiah 44:6

God

For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. Isaiah 54:5

I Wear His Holy Name

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

How About You?

Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:

And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS. Matthew 1:23-25

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:13

Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Acts 4:10-12

Believe And Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Joe

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Yahweh (YHWH) is God, and generally out of respect for Him, we don't utter those words, but we say either Adonai, or in the English translations, anywhere LORD is written in capital letters, LORD represents YHWH.

Just a bit of info, that is a rabbinical ideaology, one thats been imprinted on the minds of Jews for so many generations it hard to see where it started. Theres a Karaite Jew, one that does not follow the oral Torah, that has an excellent vid out on the name of YHWH, he says the name with awe and reverance and does not think its wrong. Nor does Yah think its wrong when we say His name either!

Thanks

Well Ervin. You definitely are a gem. Your words reveal much innocence. I would tell you that knowing God and praying to God is not as formal as you might think. When you see someone hurting and are moved with compassion to take the time to mourn in hopes of better for them, you are praying most sincerely. But I personally do try to approach God with the right heart and reverance when I come in prayer. I simply call Him Father and I humbly ask He hear my prayer in the name of Jesus. I don't put any stock in any one single denomination of churches but only in the knowledge of Gods person revealed in the Christ.