IGNORED

Catholic Schools

~Shalhevet~

Catholic Schools  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Would you send your child to a Catholic school if the local public school was rated poorly?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  550
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2

I did noi go io a Catholic school but was sent to catechism. The values I was taught have stayed with me for life. I am not a Catholic and I don't follow their doctrine.But I will ever be thankful for the values it instilled in me that kept me from making major errors that would have followed me through life.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Regardless of their flawed theology, Catholics are still Christians. My husband is Catholic and I am going with his feelings on this decision as well.

Why on earth would a non-Catholic send their child to a Catholic school? Their theology is WAY different from that of Protestants. :taped:

The "theology" taught in the public schools is way different also. :laugh:

Very good point.

Why on earth would a non-Catholic send their child to a Catholic school? Their theology is WAY different from that of Protestants. :taped:

As I stated in my first post, this is what I get to choose from. :rolleyes:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

that may be as in indvidually catholics may be saved, but does it make sense for the cross to have occured only to replace it with the same type of intercession by men for your sins? you do realise that the levites were to be intercessors for the sins of the nation and also assist in reconcilation. there was seldom any direct acess to the YHWH.

the ripping of the temple after the death of our LORD was to show that was done away with. all saints have acess to the cross. so therefore a confessional isnt needed. im not against pastors and men called to the office of leadership but i cant ask the pastor to forgive me for sins that i didnt do to him or his family. i make ask for prayer with me but utilimitaley God forgives men not men.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62

The purpose of the schools is to supply kids with the tools that they will need when they are hired for a job. It isn’t imho, any schools job to instill family values and christian principles to students, that should be left to the parents. I think it is sad that so many parents want the schools to do it for them. One good example of this is sex education. Too many parents are squeamish or embarrassed to teach this themselves.

One thing I think you need to look into, is whether this school of your choice is getting any gov. subsidies, because if they are, they are or may be required to abide certain government rules of education.. In other words your kid may still end up with some secular teachings that you don’t agree with.

Home schooling isn’t a hard thing to do yourself, just so your kid passes the required tests to show that he/she is up to date on education. Here is a link to information on ..online schooling that you can do at home. This one has a link to “free” online schooling.

http://www.k12.com/schools-programs/online-public-schools

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,178
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Regardless of their flawed theology, Catholics are still Christians. My husband is Catholic and I am going with his feelings on this decision as well.

That is an emotional response and not one based on His Word... If Catholic's follow their papal teachings they will perish! Love, Steven

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

One of my children goes to public school and I homeschool one.

Every child is different and has different needs.

Best thing to do is seek God's will. He knows best.

That is an emotional response and not one based on His Word... If Catholic's follow their papal teachings they will perish! Love, Steven

So you are saying that Catholics go to hell? :blink:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

It really depends on the school itself. I sent my daughter to a Catholic school for a year while we were on sabbatical in another city. I was working on my M.A. back then. There was some over indoctrination I didn't like even though back then (25 years ago) we were going to the Catholic Church. At one time I sent my two older children to a non-denominational Christian school and found there were more problems there than the Catholic school. All in all the best years my children had were for the most part spent in public schools. The thing to do if you can is home school. If you can't then be sure they are receiving a good biblical faith foundation at church in their classes and youth group meetings as well as at home.