IGNORED

Catholic Schools

~Shalhevet~

Catholic Schools  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Would you send your child to a Catholic school if the local public school was rated poorly?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

That is an emotional response and not one based on His Word... If Catholic's follow their papal teachings they will perish! Love, Steven

So you are saying that Catholics go to hell? :blink:

I am no expert on Catholicism, but from what I understand, Catholics trust in keeping sacraments to maintain their salvation, which is a whole lot different than trusting in Jesus. If true, that isn't the biblical way to salvation.

I don't believe all Catholics go to Hell, just like I don't believe all Baptist go to Heaven. It's a matter of where your trust is.

Edited by Gael

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,358
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

That is an emotional response and not one based on His Word... If Catholic's follow their papal teachings they will perish! Love, Steven

So you are saying that Catholics go to hell? :blink:

We simply have no authority either in this world or ourselves for all have sinned... therefore the One Who has no sins and is able to overcome death He has The Authority to everlasting life... That 'IS' only found in Jesus The Christ in all the histories written! Not through anything else for He has said so

John 14:6

6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

NKJV

Solo Scriptura not as from reformation but as from God-

2 Tim 3:16-17

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

NKJV

This is every child's path into Life with Him and the Life is determined by Him and not man who has been created by Him... Love, Steven

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

It depends if you want your child to have a better chance of being accepted to certain colleges send them to the school with the better reputation.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Let's not turn this into a Catholic bashing thread. Sis, go as God leads you.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

What hasn't been addressed was how much the Catholic religious practices and rituals will be included in the days' activities.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Thank you Onelight. I was thinking the same thing.

The school made it sound like they were very accommodate to non-Catholics. Like I said, they had another non-Catholic parent talk to me which made me feel better about sending him there.

I still have a lot to consider and a lot to pray about. We are still very much on the fence about this. Please pray that we make the right decision.

BTW, I would not even be considering this school if they weren't accommodating to non-Catholics.

I am touring a few schools tomorrow for my son. He's going to be in kindergarden in the Fall. The only private schools around here are Catholic. And the public school we haven't heard too many good things about. My husband was raised Catholic. I'm a Missouri Synod/Non-Denominational. I would prefer my son be raised non-denominational Christian. But this is the hand we are dealt right now. What would you do?

I'm voting "Other" just to see the poll results BTW.

I voted other because I'm more for praying for the Lord's direction in the matter. I'm on the mass transit, and having seen the kids that are coming out of public schools these days -- let's just say I wouldn't want any of my children to go to a public school today. :)

Since we're talking kindergarten here, I wouldn't think a Catholic school would be that much of an issue -- but I would still be talking with the child to find out what kind of teaching they are receiving just as I would for public school, and work to correct any errors.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Prayers you find God's peace in the matter!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Thanks Neb. :wub: