IGNORED

Spiritual Warfare around the world

Guest rockofChrist

Guest rockofChrist

I was wondering why it seemed that in some places in our world it seems as though spiritual warfare is stronger than others? For instance, here in the US you don't hear much of the "supernatural". I grew up in Africa and it seems to me from eye witness reports that there is a serious spiritual battle going on. Stories of angels protecting Christians against armed militants and the like. Are we so comfortable in our faith in America that satan doesn't think he needs to really attack us?

Just a thought.

PB

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,265
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Or maybe the majority is so far off the track that he doesn't think he needs to.....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  965
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/28/1979

I was wondering why it seemed that in some places in our world it seems as though spiritual warfare is stronger than others?  For instance, here in the US you don't hear much of the "supernatural".  I grew up in Africa and it seems to me from eye witness reports that there is a serious spiritual battle going on.  Stories of angels protecting Christians against armed militants and the like.  Are we so comfortable in our faith in America that satan doesn't think he needs to really attack us?

Just a thought.

PB

Maybe because we have so many distractions in America- TV, internet :x: , etc.? We are not always tuned into the spiritual battle at hand. Not to mention, alot of denominations do not talk about any type of spiritual warfare!

Or maybe the majority is so far off the track that he doesn't think he needs to.....

could be- sad, but true...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

If someone has faith in America or Africa their faith is misguided.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

I don't think anybody said that.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

I was wondering why it seemed that in some places in our world it seems as though spiritual warfare is stronger than others? For instance, here in the US you don't hear much of the "supernatural". I grew up in Africa and it seems to me from eye witness reports that there is a serious spiritual battle going on. Stories of angels protecting Christians against armed militants and the like. Are we so comfortable in our faith in America that satan doesn't think he needs to really attack us?

Just a thought.

PB

I recently heard a pastor from Uganda speak at a church in Mississippi and he told alot of stories about spiritual warfare. One story in particular was so amazing. He said that he was traveling one day and came across a militant group of some sort. They guy yelled at him to stop which he did but the guy proceeded to shoot him anyway. Well, the bullet never penetrated this pastor's body and he was at close range. The guy asked him who he was and the pastor said he was a servant of God and the men left. Now that is awesome!

I feel like the same spiritual battle is going on here but different cultures reveal different things. However, I should say that Satan feels no need to attack complacent christians. They aren't out doing the will of God and making disciples. They are warming pews in the churches across america. Perhaps this is why spiritual warfare is not a big deal here in the states????

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings RockofChrist,

Whatever the locale, whenever the people pay attention to the "spirit", instead of leaning unto their own understanding, you will find both those who "evil" and those who mind the "Spirit of the Lord". This goes for the U.S. as well as Russia or Africa. Those who are WISE, realize that "We wage war NOT against flesh and blood, but against POWERS and PRINCIPALITIES in Heavenly Places."

However, many have moved away from sound doctrine. Notice the many times that the "Cessation of Charismatic gifts" have come up on any of the forums you may attend. "Science" has moved many away from the "spirit", in fact if you will examine the posts from some of the ATHEISTS on this board, you will see that the "world of the spirit" as absolutely alien to them.

So we DO have "spiritual warfare" here in the U.S., but the more "civilized" a people become, it seems the LESS they pay attention to God and to the "spiritual realm". Only those who "hear with their spiritual ears", are those who are aware of the great war that is going on for the hearts and minds of men.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

However, I should say that Satan feels no need to attack complacent christians. They aren't out doing the will of God and making disciples. They are warming pews in the churches across america. Perhaps this is why spiritual warfare is not a big deal here in the states????

Come on Kris! Preach it! :laugh:

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Are we so comfortable in our faith in America that satan doesn't think he needs to really attack us?

Just a thought.

PB

QUOTE (followerofjesus @ Oct 3 2004, 11:13 PM)

I don't think anybody said that.

Am I misunderstanding something here KMB?